Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

Dacwa to Atheists

there is no way to proof God's existence just as it is impossible to disproof it. The Arrogance of you people in thinking that the whole of humanity should share you worldview. Reality is your fact check people: For everyone that finds special meaning in quranic or biblical passages, there are those who don't. If your faith in God relies on millions of other also believing him, then your faith might not be as strong as you think it is. Atheist, theist, buddhist, confucius, anamist, be and let be.

N.O.R.F   

^The arrogance of you for thinking along such lines.

Read title of thread. No one is being forced to enter and read. No one is being asked to take part. It is merely a medium to get those who don't believe to 'think' about there being A God and to 'think' about the origins of life/earth/universe.

Don't get tetchy with the above.

Kamaavi   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

Since you posted this, you have to be willing for them to give YOU dacwan as well Sayid. So get ready, it is going to be a looooooong thread if you are serious. :cool:

I seconded that. But the thread's not going anywhere yet..

Your need to assume having the one and only Faith that lays claim to being on the absolute correct path to Human salvation gave it away.

Anything and anybody can lay claim to what ever they like. I feel contented with the spiritual path that I have chosen for my self and hold it to be the most logical and only straight path to human salvation. That was never hidden as you trying to make it out. The title of the thread reads Dacwa to Atheists – in plain English that means an invitation to atheists to submit – i.e. become Muslim and follow the path of Al -Islam.

One'd find it to be a severe cognitive disability if you thought by presenting chapter I.S from the "quran",or John 12:43 from the Bible, and a Budha verse 33-43 from the Dhammapada, Your faith is superior.

This thread is an invitation to Islam for what I see as lost souls who came from the same soil as me. in other words, I am merely discharging an obligation on me to invite others to Islam – as per ordained by my (and your) Creator: Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance. (16:125)

Notwithstanding your humourless condescendence – it is quite obvious that I believe the contents of the Noble Qur’an are superior to any contents of any other books – I would have not being inviting you to Islam if I had the slightest shred of doubt that it was less (or even equivalent) to other faiths.

Noting your blatant denigration towards that Noble Qur’an (e.g.: the way you put it; in-quotes, lower-cased and assign garbled chapters – in comparison to the normal way you wrote the ‘Bible’ and the ‘Dhammapada’ and their exampled verses) – leads me to the conclusion that you are clueless to argue against it and hence left resorting to cheap jibes. Let’s not go down that route. However while we are at the subject of these books (Bible&Dhammapada) that you tried to compare to the Noble Qur’an– it is worth noting the each of them have more than TEN completely different VERSIONS at circulation – where as there is only One Noble Qur’an. Unchanged since its inception – I hope you know that and are not going to argue about the existence of Noble Qur’an and its unchanging nature unlike other books. That way we can move on to more fruitful discussion about its contents and what you do like and don’t like about it.

quote:

Come man – I thought atheists prided themselves on the use of intellect and logic. And here is the Qur’an challenging you to use your limited intellect and see – in case you didn’t know – Sura Yasin is called the heart of the Qur’an owing to the importance of its subject-matter.

You see - Sura Yasiin upholds the truth of the Holy Qur’an, and the first section shows that,

though there would be strong oppostion to it in the beginning – you and your follow atheists were the not first ones to ask silly questions like – well!! – why can’t God show himself – then we will all believe then – but in the end give life to a dead humanity.

The second speaks in parable of its portrayal in earlier revelation.

The third draws attention to certain signs of its truth in nature — how life follows

death and how light follows darkness — thus giving an indication that the same law is

working in the spiritual world. The fourth shows that its acceptors and rejectors will be

dealt with distinctly, so that their reward and requital will be evidence of the truth of the

Qur’an. The fifth and concluding section draws attention to the Resurrection or the life

after death, as this alone can make a man feel responsibility for his actions and bring

about his real transformation and attainment of perfection.

You see I highlighted some of the verses for you – for example:

Originally posted by Cicero:

^ Don't you find it strange that people who call themselves prophets these days populate mental asylums and sanitariums? Humanity has come along way. We know too much about science and nature to take charlatans and crazies seriously.

The Best among the Children of Israel ask to see Allah; their subsequent Death and Resurrection.

Allah said, `Remember My favor on you for resurrecting you after you were seized with lightning when you asked to see Me directly, which neither you nor anyone else can bear or attain.'

(And (remember) when you said: "O Musa ! We shall never believe in you until we see Allah plainly.'') means, "Publicly'', "So that we gaze at Allah.'' subxaana'llaah!

Originally posted by Cicero:

If God really wants to speak to humankind, then surely I can think of a dozen ways he could do it. Maybe write something in the starry heavens, or maybe just, for dramatic effect, take a microphone and say: Hello, Humankind. This is God speaking to you. Umm, I created the Universe, okay? I decided to make a public announcement since sending you a private message by whispering into the ears of some men isn't getting anywhere. Anyways, I also created Heaven and Hell. But don't worry. Now that I'm not hidden anymore and there's evidence of my existence (aren't I speaking to you aloud) none of you will go to Hell on account of using your brains.
smile.gif

36:77 Doth not man see that it is We Who created him from sperm? yet behold! he (stands forth) as an open adversary!

36:78 And he makes comparisons for Us, and forgets his own (origin and) Creation: He says, "Who can give life to (dry) bones and decomposed ones (at that)?"

Here you are trying to argue as open adversary and making comparison for God.

http://www.somaliaonline.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=recent_user_posts;u=00005912;filter=topi cs

yet unable to refute meaningfully any contents posed at you.

36:47 And when they are told, "Spend ye of (the bounties) with which Allah has provided you," the Unbelievers say to those who believe: "Shall we then feed those whom, if Allah had so willed, He would have fed, (Himself)?- Ye are in nothing but manifest error."

Rayyan   

Afi Allahi shakun faadira samaawaati wal ard?

Their apostles said: "Is there a doubt about Allah, The Creator of the heavens and the earth? It is He Who invites you, in order that He may forgive you your sins and give you respite for a term appointed!" They said: "Ah! ye are no more than human, like ourselves! Ye wish to turn us away from the (gods) our fathers used to worship: then bring us some clear authority."

Allah gave Us life and signs in Nature pointing to His existence. Only the blind refuse to see, and wether we believe him or not He is there.

"Wa laqad sadaqa Alshyadaanu Danah": The Shaytan or iblis or Satan bet on his guess and finds out that it works, so he can take so many with him.

All in All Allah declared emphatically " Invite others to the way of fyour lord with wisdom and inspiring speech. Reason with them in a superior manner. certainly, your Lord knows who has strayed from His path and who is guided".

and if they dont heed the call. Then:

Allah states, " Therefor, avoid those who turn away from our message and who desire nothing but life of this world. that is as far as knowledge will reach them. Certainly, your Lord knows best those who are astray from His path and He knows those who are guided."

Brothers and sisters there is no complusion in religion, as our Lord said:

"2:256 Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things".

So atheist or no atheist let the letter(message) goes to the right address, and Let everyone rejoice on his or her way after that!

Rayyan.

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

there is no way to proof God's existence just as it is impossible to disproof it. The Arrogance of you people in thinking that the whole of humanity should share you worldview. Reality is your fact check people: For everyone that finds special meaning in quranic or biblical passages, there are those who don't. If your faith in God relies on millions of other also believing him, then your faith might not be as strong as you think it is. Atheist, theist, buddhist, confucius, anamist, be and let be.

First of all, I want to know if the real Naxar Nugaaleed believes in God?

Secondly, I also want to point out the error in your reasoning. The mistake you make is that you, a petty feeble human being, wants to define God into existence, and once that fails, you give up, throw your hands in the air and assume falsely that he does not exist. But don't feel bad. Many so-called "thinking people" have made the same fallacy in history.

I also have to note your attempted use of the "be and let be" philosophy, which is rooted in the Koranic principle of Lakum dinukum wa-leyah diin. Unfortunately for you; this will not stop your from confronting ideas that are unpleasant or threatening to your core. And in your case, this does not mean that these ideas are wrong, but that your mind is closed to them. But in the end...Ilaahay kaliya ayaa hanuunka hayah. Marka waxaan Eebe kaaga baryayaa inuu kusoo hanuuniyo.

Johnny B   

5:101 O ye who believe! Ask not questions about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble. But if ye ask about things when the Qur'an is being revealed, they will be made plain to you, Allah will forgive those: for Allah is Oft- forgiving, Most Forbearing.

5_101.gif

5:102 Some people before you did ask such questions, and on that account lost their faith.

5_102.gif

So much for a Faith that demands to not be questioned.

Originally posted by Johnny B:

5:101 O ye who believe! Ask not questions about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble. But if ye ask about things when the Qur'an is being revealed, they will be made plain to you, Allah will forgive those: for Allah is Oft- forgiving, Most Forbearing.

This Ayah refers to good conduct that Allah is teaching His believing servants, by forbidding them from asking about useless things. Since if they get the answers they sought, they might be troublesome for them and difficult on their ears. Al-Bukhari recorded that Anas bin Malik said, "The Messenger of Allah gave a speech unlike anything I heard before. In this speech, he said;

“If you but know what I know, you will laugh little and cry a lot”. The companions of Allah's Messenger covered their faces and the sound of crying was coming out of their chests. An argumentative man who was said to be the son of someone other than his true father asked, "O Allah's Messenger! Who is my father? The Prophet said, `Your father is Hudhafah.''

…This Hadith was recorded in the Two Sahihs from Sa`id. Al-Bukhari recorded that Ibn `Abbas said, "Some people used to question the Messenger of Allah to mock him. One of them would ask, `Who is my father,' while another would ask, `Where is my camel,' when he lost his camel. Allah sent down this Ayah about them,

Also - Imam Ahmad recorded that `Ali said, "When this Ayah (And Hajj to the House is a duty that mankind owes to Allah, those who can bear the journey. [3:97] ) was revealed, they asked, `O Allah's Messenger! Is it required every year' He did not answer them, and they asked again, `Is it every year' He still did not answer them, so they asked, `Is it every year' He said: No! –“and had I said `yes', it would have become obligated, and had it become obligated, you would not be able to bear it” - At-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah also recorded this Hadith. The apparent wording of this Ayah indicates that we are forbidden to ask about things that if one has knowledge of, he would be sorry he had asked. Consequently, it is better to avoid such questions.

In other words - Do not ask about things that do not have a ruling yet, for because of your questions, a difficult ruling may be ordained - It is recorded in the Sahih that the Messenger of Allah said,

“Leave me as I have left you, those before you were destroyed because of many questions and disputing with their Prophets.” Furthermore;- Allah, the Most Honoured, has ordained some obligations, so do not ignore them; has set some limits, so do not trespass them; has prohibited some things, so do not commit them; and has left some things without rulings, out of mercy for you, not that He forgot them, so do not ask about them.

As for the second statement in the verse - (But if you ask about them while the Qur'an is being revealed, they will be made plain to you.) means, if you ask about things that you are prohibited from asking about, then when the revelation about them comes to the Messenger , they will be made plain for you.

5:102 Some people before you did ask such questions, and on that account lost their faith.

that is, [they asked] their prophets about such things and they received the response in the form of [revealed] explications of the rules concerning them; and then they disbelieved in them, by neglecting to implement them. This occurred because these rulings were made plain to them, yet they did not benefit at all from that, for they asked about these things not to gain guidance, but only to mock and defy.

So much for a Faith that demands to not be questioned.

Befitting example is the manner in which atheists in SOL ask questions – not because they are seeking guidance – but merely are mocking. When they answered they followed it with even more contemptuous ‘questions’ and start making comparisons for Allah (SWT).

Not all questions are worthy or are legitimate to be answered – e.g. it is legitimate for me to ask questions about where someone is from or what they do for living – but wholly inappropriate then me to ask about how they were born out of their mothers or what they do with their partners at night.

Rayyan   

^^ Good Answers brother, MashaAllah, we get benefit of your post.I think Our brother misunderstands what the ayah stands for and talking about(Better to read the reasons of revlations, then challenge or quote to dismiss if you can, the ayah is a bounty bestowed to the believers to lessen the load of manifestations of more laws which will be more difficult to fulfill, as the people of the book was always saying things that they cannot afford to do later after it become a law.and examples are plenty: the jews once they asked if Allah ordain them to fight, and when the fight ordained they all said: lima katabta calyna al qitaala lola akhartna ila ajalin qariib.

4:77 Hast thou not turned Thy vision to those who were told to hold back their hands (from fight) but establish regular prayers and spend in regular charity? When (at length) the order for fighting was issued to them, behold! a section of them feared men as - or even more than - they should have feared Allah. They said: "Our Lord! Why hast Thou ordered us to fight? Wouldst Thou not Grant us respite to our (natural) term, near (enough)?" Say: "Short is the enjoyment of this world: the Hereafter is the best for those who do right: Never will ye be dealt with unjustly in the very least!

Also the story of heifer, good exmples of such questions:

67. And remember Moses said to his people: "(Allah) commands that ye sacrifice a heifer." They said: "Makest thou a laughing-stock of us?" He said: "(Allah) save me from being an ignorant (fool)!"

68. They said: "Beseech on our behalf Thy Lord to make plain to us what (heifer) it is!" He said; "He says: The heifer should be neither too old nor too young, but of middling age. Now do what ye are commanded!"

69. They said: "Beseech on our behalf Thy Lord to make plain to us Her colour." He said: "He says: A fawn-coloured heifer, pure and rich in tone, the admiration of beholders!"

70. They said: "Beseech on our behalf Thy Lord to make plain to us what she is: To us are all heifers alike: We wish indeed for guidance, if Allah wills."

71. He said: "He says: A heifer not trained to till the soil or water the fields; sound and without blemish." They said: "Now hast thou brought the truth." Then they offered her in sacrifice, but not with good-will.

72. Remember ye slew a man and fell into a dispute among yourselves as to the crime: But Allah was to bring forth what ye did hide.

73. So We said: "Strike the (body) with a piece of the (heifer)." Thus Allah bringeth the dead to life and showeth you His Signs: Perchance ye may understand.

The faith which started with READ, wouldnt stopping people to ask questions, but you miss the point big time, this is a questions of dont make youself a hole you cannot come out of it later.

Ya naadix al jabal ... ashifq cala al ra'sak la tashfiq cala al jabal.

He who headbutting a mountain be merciful to your head not the mountain.

67:4 Again turn thy vision a second time: (thy) vision will come back to thee dull and discomfited, in a state worn out.

Originally posted by guerilla:

Wow, I'm convinced. I shall lower my head to the ground and raise my buttocks (to the heavens no less).

Masha'Allah - come to the straight path and ye shall be saved. - just small correction though regarding movements during prayer - one who submits (muslim) first up their hands at level with the shoulders (ears to precise) indicate of surrender - next movement is bowing –as sign of respect whilst glorifying Allah – lastly prostrating on the floor = total submission to Allah (SWT).

'Head to ground & buttock raising' are indicative of your perhaps unwitting homosexual tendencies :D

Johnny B   

Originally posted by Sayid*Somal:

Head to ground & buttock raising are indicative of your perhaps unwitting homosexual tendencies
:D

And with that we say Amen to your kind "dacwa".

^^^you want dacwa?

quote:Originally posted by Sayid*Somal:

Head to ground & buttock raising are indicative of your perhaps unwitting homosexual tendencies
:D

And with that we say Amen to your kind "dacwa".
Is the self proclaimed grandmaster of atheists - calling for hasty retreat from my invitation? Let me spell out your options for you then:

A) stop with the nonsense and embrace Islam

B) Continue seeking knowledge by asking the appropriate questions and accept it when it makes sense to you

C) Continue with your ignorance and make mockery of advice given to you

D) Dapple duple here and there – without ever making sense of anything in life

Every derisive question, mockery, and attempts at misquote have been answered and fully rejoined. In comparison – you utterly failed to even properly retort let alone present anything plausible as why you can not accept Islam – when it is proved to you that it is the only path to your salvation?