Sign in to follow this  
Yaabka-Yaabkiis

Which Books Do you read ..........

NGONGE   

I should be finished with most of them by the end of April (going on holiday). So you should expect to have them in May.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Who? Don't say North. He hates books.
icon_razz.gif

I don't hate books per say I just don't read much. When I do, its not fiction (can't stand fiction). Its usually autobiographies or history.

ps DHL do deliver to SL. DVDs are sent there when a cousin gets jumpy. Waar bal is deji ayaan ku yidhaahda :D

pps I'm currently reading Enemy Combatant by Moezzam Begg.

Malika   

I am currently reading this book ;Provisions for the Hearafter[Mukhtasar Zad Al-Ma'ad] by Imam Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah.

I must be aging,I cant stand fiction anymore just like the way I cant stand Indian Movies nowdays..Lol

Hayat   

Gosh, i cant believe i nearly missed this topic( get ready for a whole pages worth reply) :D .

i would recommed CLASSICS!!........

Jane Austen: pride and prejudice, EMMA!!

ISlamic books:

THE IDEAL MUSLIMAH(beautiful)

FAVOURITE AUTHOR: JUlIET MARILLIER this lady is just amazing...........all her books!!!

Originally posted by Malika:

I am currently reading this book ;Provisions for the Hearafter[Mukhtasar Zad Al-Ma'ad] by Imam Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah.

I like everything from Ibn Qayyim ,,,, he is just a legend and talented writer.

I is better you read the Zad al-Ma'ad itself instead of the Mukhtasar .....

STOIC   

I just finished reading the Kite runner by Khaled Hosseini (a fiction book). I was vacationing in the cold of Midwest last week(Wish I stayed in the sunny South ;) ). It is a good book about friendship, loyalty, guilt, shame, repentance, and tyrannical persecution in Afghanistan. The book had an emotional power that takes you deep into what Afghanistan has been from the Russian invasion to life of Afghanis as a refugee in the American soil. The book spilled me into a hailstorm of how human beings are capable of being good when they have wronged fellow human.A good read.I recommend it.

True ,,,, last time i read "The Day of the Jackle" the book was excellent ,,, then i couldn't wait to see the movie which was the most boring movie i've ever watched.

:D

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Northerner:

Movies are never as good as the books

Never say never, saaxib. Check out Gregory Peck in To Kill A Mocking Bird. The movie, in my opinion, surpasses the book (and the book is a classic).

Watch this performance

Paragon   

^So is Gone With The Wind...

Books are good, Norf, but the good thing with movies is that you get the story in just 1 to 3 hours.

Malika   

^With books you creat your own movie with your own images of how you have interpreted the contexts and contects of the book..Where in a movie its the interpretation of the producer[movie maker]..

Give me a book anytime,and my thoughts wonder through the amazing world of imagination.

Jac,I read the day of the jackal as a teenager and I grew to have a special fascination with Carlos the jackal.