Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Troll, Shah and Sheeko

Hey folks - howz it going here? One of my colleagues is fasting today, in solidarity with me (but I'm not and I dont have the heart to tell him + probably no lunch for me or have to go 'walking' to get it and eat outside). Unfortunately, the poor lad hasnt had food since 8pm last night. Thats almost 24hrs if he keeps up. I feel like saying, he should only fast until lunch.. but.. I really shouldnt be making the Ramadan rules. He is most upset about not being allowed to smoke :D

Ibtisam   

:D:D:D Serenity that is so cute!!! :D

Laakin you should have told him the rules (i.e. eating late dinner or waking up at 3pm) You are gonna kill him (withdrawal symptoms from NOT smoking,) headache and dehydration. Tell him to break it and do it properly with you tomorrow. You want him to enjoy the experience and possible develop some understanding aside from fasting in solidarity with you, maybe his heart will be inclined towards reading up on other Islamic rituals.

Juxa   

serenity that is nice of him, as ibti said he would have easier day if he had sahur

maanta ramadanku wuu ihayaa, 11am and i cant keep my eyes open

Oh I did - I just didnt tell the guy to fast!! I sent him articles about the rules, purpose, etc and thats when he said he will do it. Unfortunately, he said he couldnt get up and eat. Anyway, I did give him the choice of doing it another day and he said he is OK, I shouldnt worry. Lets hope he doesnt faint!

Ibtisam   

Boss other aughter is coming to work here for a few weeks starting haada. I hate baby sitting- not that she is a baby. lol

Okay I am off to set a good working ethic example. :rolleyes:

Reigal wrote: Jul 17th 2010 2:25 GMT There is a repeated claim that Somaliland should be denied recognition because it might somehow give ideas to other secessionist movements in Africa. But where are these secessionsits waiting in the wings all over Africa? It is a ludicrous claim.

This is also a morally repugnant stance. If people wish to leave oppressive nation states that failed them and in the case of Somaliland attempted genocide againt them then surely they should be allowed to do so?

This is lazy excuse to deny the people of somaliland their right to self-determination is institutionally racist and demonstrably so. No one ever said `oh we mustn't recognise slovenia because it might give ideas to these other Balkans'. At least no one said it as loudly as they say it about Somaliland.

Seems to me there is one rule for European races and another for african ones.

The people of Somaliland have been waiting for international recognition and respect for 20 years. in that period that recognition and respect granted to 23 new nations in Europe.

If Somaliland is kept waiting any longer, condemining their people to poverty and indignity, hope will give way to despair.

This could easily lead to mega piracy, bases for fanatics, drug smugglers, counterfeiting industries and international criminality.

And then the world will take notice. Too late for somaliland by then. And too late for the World.

c

:D:D:D

Someone said he invited us for Iftar ,,, and guess what ?? ,, it was only 2 sambusas and cuppa tea ... :D

Now i'm hungry ,,,, lol

Subax wanaagsan reer Aakhiro ...

Abuurtiyo heega daawo,

Awoodaha saaran daawo,

Falaadkiyo alabbadeeda,

Ilaah samihiisa daawo,

Udbaha iyo teedka daawo,

Aloolka ku jeeran daawo,

Hagoogta aslaysa daawo,

Cadceedda ifaysa daawo,

Ilwaadkiyo nuurka daawo,

Abaabul-caddaanta daawo,