Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Surrendered Wife!!!

Cara.   
LOZ, you seem to be overlooking the importance of motivation in decision-making and ultimately efficiency. See, I'd rather work 4 hours at something I enjoy than 2 hours at something I detest! Bring on the nanny, the maid, the gardener, the pool boy and the chauffeur... So what if I have to sit in a tiny cubicle all day to pay them (unless other arrangements can be made). It's really income redistribution innit...

^^^Well...Nothing is better than hatred/ [ok..mildly put] detest for motivation eh!...

It is Blasphemy at the highest level, according to Zuism, to ignore The wisdom of Comparative theory!

Anyways, that reminds of an ER epsiode i watched while back...where this child has an accident and when the parents arrive to calm/sooth the kid - the Kid keeps crying, calling for the nany icon_razz.gif

BTW...This was all fun..yeah!...Women Rock yeah! (looks around..checking of Zu-ette is looking) :D

Cheers

Rahima   

Zu, now I’m no economics expert but allow an amateur to crack the whip.

Allow us to put this to a real-life scale.

I personally know of a maid service, which charges $20.00 an hour. Two hours every other day is sufficient (we can all wash our daily dishes post work), therefore it is only $20.00 per day.

Nannies are unnecessary. Childcare provides a good enough service whereby your child is well cared for and has interaction with other children. A private childcare position in one of the best childcare centres, at least here in Australia will cost an average of $220.00 a week per child- and that is all day.

The total thus far $360.00. That is the expenditure for the two supposed problematic factors.

Now for the income.

The average Gross income in Australia is $54,000 per annum, therefore making the Net income approximately $860.00 per week. Subtract the $360 from this and we are left with approximately $500 per week post tax and post the cost of childcare and cleaning.

I say it’s worth it economically not to mention the self-fulfilment one gains.

^^^hmmm... I think you missed the boat here; I have already conceded..but since you brought me back from the brink of elimination..i can't thank you enough...

Can I say that we are no longer working on The wonderful Comparative advantage as we have already established what the outcome would be if we use the wonderful theory.. icon_razz.gif

As for expanding to make it realistic..allow me to correct you...

If you assume an average income of $54K a year; after tax you will end up with a mere $500 - $540 per week...if you then deduct the $360 [which i dont know how yuo came up with...I thought 40 X 5 = 200]...but anyway...

$500/540 - $360 = 140 /180 :eek: :eek: a mere $180 incremental?... if you ask me I do not see much incentive here! yeah..and if we do more robust calculation that $180 can easly disappear :D ...

Did I mention that you will miss all the good first timers i.e. firt time your child did this and did that...

Again...I say who wudn't love a professional Xaliimo ...

On a Serious note, I say every family would [hopefully] do whatever is best for them...it is case by case than just generalising and saying woman/man do this and do that...There are alot of factors partners consider when making decisions about their family whether it is economic, personal and spritual reasons...So until that day...be it!...

From personal perspective, in this day and age, I do not know how a family could achieve their goals with one income...unless one of them is swiming with the dollars eh!

<---remember's Uncle Scoorge...

Cheers

-Lily-   

Legend,

From personal perspective, in this day and age, I do not know how a family could achieve their goals with one income

I think that sums it up.

Did I mention that you will miss all the good first timers i.e. firt time your child did this and did that

Anyways, that reminds of an ER epsiode i watched while back...where this child has an accident and when the parents arrive to calm/sooth the kid - the Kid keeps crying, calling for the nany
icon_razz.gif

If all else fails, emotional blackmail huh! Oh well I ‘ll let it go since if not their maths, you seem to be coming round to the ideas of Cara and Rahima... :cool:

Rahima   

If you assume an average income of $54K a year; after tax you will end up with a mere $500 - $540 per week.

In whose world Zu? :confused: I’m assuming that one is an Australian citizen. Your calculations are basically saying that the tax rate is almost 50%.

$54 K a year equates the Gross income per week to approximately $1040. Are you then claming that tax is $500 per week? Or approximately half? Tax in this bracket is more like $300 a week (approximately 34% of the gross income), and therefore makes it all worthwhile.

And you haven’t really conceded, with the missing all the firsts comment ;) . One step forward, two back ay. I don’t like carrots Mr. Zu icon_razz.gif .

Anyway, like you said, I missed the boat, so have a safe journey ;) .

^^^ U almost got me there..But what you don't know is the Tax office has a way of screwing u up...

Allow me to do some real calc here (potentially I could be misleading you icon_razz.gif )...

$54K - annual

Less by the Super contribution 9% = $49140

Then tax kicks in - - - >

$2340 lump sum + 30% for every dollar u earn above $21K (Note they use the 54K) that takes your annual tax to $12240 then add MedCare Levy + Surcharge (2.5%) $1350 then Hecs of 3200 (6.5%) then add the student supp loan (3%) $1620

Net = $30736 / 52 weeks =$591...oops... but hang one before u sign Waltzin Matilda ...subtract the 220 for the nanny and 200 for the maid and you end up with $191...well I wasn't that far off :D

BTW...I conceded after the calculation...not before the calculation...and My reasons for conceding were that families do make a decision they believe is best for them.

Cheers

Lily..I was never coming around to any argument they put forward...they strangled the constitutive rules of economic modeling...Cara and Rahima both introduced assumptions that are not related to the original discussion aka Comparative theory...from there it went to whirlpool icon_razz.gif

-Lily-   

In that case Mr Lgend Of Zu, waxan kugo duceynaya inaad househusband noqotid, perhaps then you'll be more open to other theories icon_razz.gif

Pujah   

Your math or tax rate is little off LOZ. In the USA single making 54k will be taxed 25% while married person filing join tax rate is 15% for the same amount. Now if we redo the calculation and take into account that their combined income will be 108k and not 54k before tax, you can see that depending on their priority and budgeting skills it’s very feasible for a couple in that income level to employ maid service…say 4-6 hrs a week. :D

By the way for income of 108,000 married couple filling join tax bill will be 20,115

= Base Tax + (Rate x Amount Over)

= 8,440 + (.25 x (108000 - 61300 )

= 8440 + (.25 x 46700)

= 20,115

Cara.   

LOZ, a theory is only as good as its predictions. But yes, looked at purely from the viewpoint of Comparative Theory, without any acknowledgment of myriad other variables, it's possible that in a household of two, a division of labor could exist such that in some conditions I may be coerced to sit at home and waste away dusting the drapes.

How's that for a graceful concession?

Ms DD   

There is another option:

The husband or the wife to work in Australia or wherever he/she is, and the partner moves to Somalia with the kids. Of course masaruuf willbe sent to Somalia through any xawaaalad. £300 will more than suffice for private top schooling, a housemaid, a gardener and the rent. Raaxo you have never seen guys.

Malika   

^^^Loool Che,reminds me of this Somali dude with two wives in Indian, goes to see them twice a year..you can imagine the raaxo! :D:D

Aaliyyah   

lol@ raaxo indeed. If u aint aware there is certain requirement some one has to meet, den they will be entitled to have two, three, or even four wives. But, everyone knows somalis just have one wife after another, and most of them don't even know whats going on in their wives nor their children's lives. Now that aint marriage. so u lot need to think twice.

wa salaaamu alaikum