Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

Advice to Young Mullahs!

Fabregas   

1.Relax( bacada iska fura)

2. Don't insult ppl wen talking about the deen, am sure the Prophet saw didn't do this!

3.Don't be so judgemental

4. Gain more knowledge

Modesty   

Thank you! This topic needs to be discussed..I have seen many "mullah" wannabes females and males looking down on people. That's not good, because you have pride. I remember this hadith that says pride only belongs to Allah, and whoever has an ounce of pride in his heart will not enter jannah.

Eid Mubarak everyone!

FatB   

^ welcome back

i agree,but its not just young mullahs, its all people blessed with an understanding of the deen, less with the patranising attituds

winnie   

everybody is guilty of this. at one point in your life, and even in the future youre gonna look down on someone for whatever reason... but i believe the prophet pbuh called this delusion (he said arrogance is not accepting reality; the reality is you aint that fly/holy to begin with homie).

good advice none the less. we have to curb our enthusiasm/strong feelings and consider how things are going to be interpreted. the prophet pbuh, above all things was very considerate.

RedSea   

It's like telling someone 'hey don't jump over this bridge, cuz you'll get hurt'!

..And they respond "step aside you self rightous gadheer, surwaalgaab, xabatu sowda oil marsade yahow shaatiga waynleh"!

Allow sahal dheh.

RedSea   

Zu,

To be kind, courtous with your fellow brothers and towards all poeple is ideal part of ones faith. It's ultimately not what we preach to people that gets their attention, but our manners and how we practice what we preach. Allah exalted is HE in MIGHT said to the Prophet in Suratu Ala Imraan "Walow kunta fadan qaliidal fadi lanfaduu min xawlika, wacfu canhum...." Had the Prophet peace be upon been hard on the non believers, and had he not been kind, always welcoming, forgiving, then they would run away from his messege even though it was the right messege that which the Prophet peace be upon him was presenting to them.

Kindess is BIG part of our faith. I do understand the way to approach anyone regardless of what you are telling them is to always be nice to them to get the same treatment back. Thus if I want to get an important messege across, I must be willing to draw your heart completely in positive way; that can only be done by me saying kind words to you.

In addition, there is no Compulsion in religion. YOu can only tell someone of you believe as a way of simply informing them, if they take it, they take it, if not then that is their personal choice. There is no force or harsh words that should be involved in any way shaped.

Red Sea,

What you wrote is all good on paper but when you put it in practice it takes a whole new life of its own... it will come back to your personality and character.

I'll tell you a short story that happened to me:-

I went to this media training session whereby you are trained on how to handle hostile media reporters or hecklers. Part of the training was a group activity with some role plays. Some of us were supposed to be victims and others to be reporters/hecklers. So they are meant to provoke you, annoy you, defame you, be hostile to you, be arrogant and condescending towards you - - - even though you know this is a role play, you would be surprised how much can the provocation effect you.

So brotha, sometimes you have to know the boundaries of your character then work on how to stretch them…then I think the applications of what you wrote above would come naturally;

just as a demo tho, can you answer the question I posted before? :D

Cheers

Gediid   

Just for starting this topic you will end up in the fires of jahanab and yes to those who have participated too......

Seriously tho I had a wannabe Mullah, you know the type who hasnt shaved in a while,always wears his little cousin's trousers, come up to me in Ramadan while I was waiting for my Sahuur in a somali restuarant and very rudely point out to me that Ramadan ayaa hadde lagu jiraa.You see I was using a computer in the restuarant watching some clips from Youtube while my sahuur was being prepared.Uskagga garga dheer waxaan is idhi yaa qabtoo Guantanamo ku turaa amase garga candhuuf kaga xiraa.I know bisha lagu jiro and on top of that cawaanka sidaa ila hadlayaa Amerika la joogo been baa lagu joogaa.Xaas aa la leeyahay section 8 iyo welfare aa caruurta u koriso while he eats sahuur in a restuarant.

Intaan wadaad arkaayey I have seen some very noble ones who follow Islam to the last full stop laakinse kuwaas sharafta leh waxaa isku dhex qariya qaar diinta ka dhex qaraabta oo intey surwaal gaban iyo gar dheer la soo baxaan dadka afka la soo gala.Diinta kuwaas ayaa dadka nacsiiya.

Baashi   

^ :D

Gediid there is Kelligii Muslim and there is Daaci. Don mix the two. I'm sure the encounter you had in the restuarant involved well-intentioned but untrained Kelligii-Muslim.

Still they have my respect. For they are trying to make a difference which in itself is noble thing. Be a good listener and praise them for the effort and then and obnly then tell them that they got this lil tiny weeney cilad which needs to be corrected.

Fabregas   

Here is another that recently occured at a Somali cafe: Some Sheikhs( not young mullahs) walked into the Cafe and say that they quickly want to give advice about the importance of the prayer, as it is the 27th night of Ramadan and whatnot. So one man gets up and ask " Sheikh what city are you from"? The Sheikhs names a certain Somali city and the man replies, " how can you tell us about Islam, when you are not from our clan? Don't you know our clans our enemies, you massacred us etc...". Luckily though some of the other man told the man off!