Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

Dedicated to Valenteenah!!!

Actually, The theme of the party[Xaflad] was "Celebrating the defeat of Al-Qaida from Somalia: A salute to the brave Ethiopian soldiers". Some Signs ike "Thank you Ethiopia" & "support our troops" were selling like hot cakes.

An enterprising Somali I know was selling life size photos of the President, Ghedi,Aydeed & Hiirale .Suprisingly[ :D ]All the President's Photos sold out in an hr whereas not a SINGLE photo of Gheedi/Aydeed or Hiirale were bought.LoooooL. Not even 1 single photo. How f**king depressing was that for the supporters of those Warlords ?

Sure sister, lol, atleast they're beautiful pictures, I guess she'd slap me really hard if they were 'ugly'!

Anyway to the rest, Can you spot the Kenyan ambassador who came all the way from Washington DC, thank you Igad and neighbouring states, I say! It was packed and soon the video will be out inshallah, then I shall post that aswell! Thank you all I love you! (Well not really, but getting in the american spirit).

DSC_1402.jpg

DSC_1097.jpg

The Kenyan ambassador is easy to spot. Stripe suit, gold shiny tie and I think blue shirt with it, you posted him above atleast twice and previous page you posted him like 3x or so.

In any regards, why didn't you move around the room? Why were u stuck near those TFG supporters?

Where were the ICU supporters??

Weren't there any SHEIKH SHARIF supporters? Where are his pictures? I want to buy it and frame it.

VIVA SHEIKH SHARIF

PS:Your title is very deceiving. I thought you were going to give Valenteenah a big surprise, some mac mac or a picture of cute guys, not some skinny farah's, some odayaal and naago who are about to blow up, I mean, can you sense heart attack?

A short summary by one of the attandee's called Fuad Ali

Minnesota: Somalis in Minnesota have gathered to show full pledge support for their Somali government. This tremendous event was held in Minneapolis Convention Center. It was a magnificent ceremony and great opportunity for the Somalis to rejoice again. Many Somalis were wearing the Somali flag and weaving posters of the current Somali President Abdulahi Yusuf Ahmed. In commemoration of nationalism, Somalis marked this day with colorful costumes, poetry and national songs.

The beauty and the excitement of the Somali people were clearly visible. This is one of the breathtaking events blended with the astonishing blue flag and white star. The Somalis have shown signs of solidarity, and the end of clan divisions that have halted the attempts to formulate strong effective government.

Somali's shared this event with Mr Peter N. R. O. Ogego, the Kenyan Ambassador to the US. In addition, Somalia United Nation Envoy Elmi Dualeh was also present in this historical assembly. Since the civil war, the neighboring countries were nonbearing the emanating threats and insecurity in Somalia.

The media was fixed on this event. As a matter of fact, 6 television programs were covering this live ceremony. The ceremony was very much uplifting. It is also worth mentioning the community leaders who participated in this event.

One of the Somali women present in this gathering told me "Somalis were fed up with anarchy". They are here to demonstrate support for their government. Somalia has not had a functioning government since clan-based warlord's toppled dictator Mohamed Siad Barre in 1991 and then turned on each other, dragging the country into chaos.

During the event, the prime minister of Somalia Ali Mohamed Gedi called on the phone to share the celebration. It was one of the spectacular moments in the ceremony. Somalis started cheering for their prime minister. The prime minister spoke of the situation in Somali. He also encouraged the Somali people to reconcile.

The harmonies ceremony was netted with pure nationalism. In fact, this is a unique event in the history of Somali Minnesotans. If continued in this fashion, Somalis in Minnesota could convey and outreach their solidity to the people back home. It will open doors for the people to rethink and start new chapter.

Let us join the rest

Let us honor the best

Let leave conceit

Let us abandon deceit

Let us flee the west

Let us build the nest

Fuad Ali,

Minneapolis Minnesota

-Lily-   

I scrolled through the pics so fast I didnt see any of the comments,

I concur with Sheh, wa laba ay indeed, how tasteless :rolleyes: , why dont they wait a few months more for the real outcome.

breathtaking events

I hardly call a cadre of horizontally challenged women wailing, some dressed up old men, and some flag 'n Yeey waving breathtaking.