Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

Twitter-mania

Are any SOLers active on Twitter?

I don't update mine since I don't live a life of adventure but I'm kind of obessed with following a couple of people who tweet about everything! smile.gif

Originally posted by grasshopper:

Are any SOLers active on Twitter?

I don't update mine since I don't live a life of adventure but I'm kind of obessed with following a couple of people who tweet about everything!
smile.gif

same here! I somehow agree with David Cameron when asked about his view about Twitter and he said: "The trouble with Twitter, the instantness of it – too many twits might make a twat." :D

peasant   

It is another overhyped and trendy web 2 application which was probably developed for those who have large audiences following them. Dont know how it would suit an average joe with little to share with the world.

^^ok maybe its popularity will be short-lived, but if u follow the right people/organizations, twitter is an amazing source for information.

I just went on it now and got updates from UNICEF, MSF and a couple of well-known fundraising professionals. Plus I found this interesting story.

Twitter is Micro-blogging at it's finest!

A friend urged me to get it sometime in the spring of 2008. I was overseas and there was just too much going on at home in terms of news cycles, (not to mention the election coverages) that I was missing out on. So I did, and quickly followed tweeters like CNN, and Breakingnews. The easiest thing in the world. Every tweet had a description of what was going on in less than a sentence and a link to the full article. Saves ya the trip of going to 4 different sites.

Back then there were not that many people on it. I'd follow scholars, NGO's, and some pretty cool people. The other day, though, I got curious and decided to import from my contacts, and whaddya know, about 20 people. lol. This thing is REALLY picking up fast. :D