Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

Twitter-mania

Originally posted by -MARX-:

celebs, politicians and now MARX is on this site! this is internet heaven!!! surely!

L0L,the subliminal message thus here is that, Marx,aka 'The Maneeno man'[translated loosely as ,he who that talks too much],is among Politicians and celebs. :D

I am yet to get the twittering sensation. Usually,i am quite net savvy(yacni addicted to these internets),but this,i am yet to digg. Hmmph!, soon i shall however.

Miriam1   

I don't understand Twitter. Why would anyone care about what others are doing all day??????

Serioulsy just...coming to grips with Facebook via cellphone.

Lol@McCain twits..He doesn't even have an email, let alone twit.

DD, you set twitter account, then invite your friends, family co-workers, and even celebrities, politician. And you send a quick message(limited to 140 characters) of what you doing or upto to your whoever on you network. You can also send a private msg as well. There are also specialized group, such as IT geeks where you can post a question and people will answer for you. Just check it out..

Cara.   

Guess what? The Guardian has decided to switch to Twitter! After nearly 200 years of newsprint, the Guardian has discovered that any story can be told in 140 characters or less.

As a Twitter-only publication, the Guardian will be able to harness the unprecedented newsgathering power of the service, demonstrated recently when a passenger on a plane that crashed outside Denver was able to send real-time updates on the story as it developed, as did those witnessing an emergency landing on New York's Hudson River. It has also radically democratised news publishing, enabling anyone with an internet connection to tell the world when they are feeling sad, or thinking about having a cup of tea.

Printing presses will fall silent in brave new Twitter-based future.

RedSea   

Facebook, myspace, gmail and Somaliaonline do it for me. I don't need one more tool so I can waste more time.

Cara.   

The Guardian has really outdone itself. This really cracked me up:

A mammoth project is also under way to rewrite the whole of the newspaper's archive, stretching back to 1821, in the form of tweets. Major stories already completed include "1832 Reform Act gives voting rights to one in five adult males yay!!!"; "OMG Hitler invades Poland, allies declare war see tinyurl.com/b5x6e for more"; and "JFK assassin8d @ Dallas, def. heard second gunshot from grassy knoll WTF?"

And

Currently, 17.8% of all Twitter traffic in the United Kingdom consists of status updates from Stephen Fry, whose reliably jolly tone, whether trapped in a lift or eating a scrumptious tart, has won him thousands of fans. A further 11% is made up of his 363,000 followers replying "@stephenfry LOL!", "@stephenfry EXACTLY the same thing happened to me", and "@stephenfry Meanwhile, I am making myself an omelette! Delicious!"