Sign in to follow this  
Diamante

SOL Dictionary

Diamante   

asalaamu caleykum,

sitting bored at home, i was sniffing through the pages of my dusty english-somali dictionary.

So i got this new idea, how about we make our own SOL dictionary. You can post a somali word you have just found the meaning to, or if you heard a phrase of which you'd like to know the meaning.

I'll start:

xod xodasho- flirt

(used to hear this word for like always, but i thought it meant diggin something up redface.gif )

Xarago   

Xarago = dressing smartly, chic.., stylish

dhadhan = dumb

Maandhow = son..eg: refering to a young boy (no necessarily your son). However it is rude to use it against an elder

Qoron = ?

Diamante   

lool damn, word like qoron and dhadhaan??...i wonder if admin put a block on the rather rude somali words icon_razz.gif

what does dhamac mean anyway?

i was listening to a somali song and didnt have a clue wat it meant :confused:

something strange happen to me today while i was doing 9 to 5 at work! i went sol and voila i could read any somali lingo comment just like reading english and understand! honestly, i would go for minutes try to understand before!! all i did was just keep trying!! see the comment below..

Shoobaro, Walaahi waxaa tahay nin oday ah oo sharaf leh. Xikmadaada waa i deeqday walaalkiis. Laakiin xageyga inaan dhalinyarada, gaar ahaan, kuweena qaldan saxo waa arin iga go'an oo aan marnaba laga...

translation...

well u r a cool guy n respectfull dude! u honor me homie! u gave me respect to correct the youths who are off side!! lol...

so ppl keep hope alive and try it lil bit harder if u can read the motha lingo!

my next task is to write a poem in af somali! i'm working on it!!...yo.. after such a long time! i can read it.. waan idhiin gabya ok!! Allah bless the nomad nation 4ever!!

Xoogsade   

Sponsor= Damaano Qaad ama Wakiil Qaad. Ha noqoto in terms of economics or other responsibilities :D

I am interested to know if someone can translate what the disease Cagaarshoow is known in english?

Sincere   

Xoogsade. Cagaarshoow is called yellow fever. Yellow fever when full blown causes liver damage and is known as juandice.

Still waiting on an answer on Wiyeer