Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

Rogers Sued over Cellphone Bill that Ruined Woman’s Marriage

Aaliyyah   

A Toronto mother, who states that her marriage fell apart due to her Rogers cellphone bill that exposed her extramarital affair, is going to sue Canada's leading cellphone supplier.

But Rogers in its defense states that Gabriella Nagy ca not out blame on its billing practices for the collapse of her marriage.

In credentials filed in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Ms. Nagy wants to seek $600,000 for alleged invasion of privacy and violate of agreement.

The statement of claim states that as a consequence of her husband's departure, the applicant kept on weeping hysterically at her place of work, and did so in the presence of other workers which distracted them, was not focused and became incompetent of performing her service duties.

Ms. Nagy's bill was being forwarded to her in her name until her husband signed up for Rogers Internet and home phone.

The suit alleges that those services, along with Ms. Nagy's cellphone, were packed into single bill, and that new bill was addressed to her husband.

Ms. Nagy's husband possibly came to know about her infidelity from the bill. He left her and the kids in the month of August of year 2007.

The communications giant is requesting the court to sack the suit.

Aaliyyah   

Well I must admit the first time I read it I was laughing so hard. But, it is not really all that funny kind of sad when u think of it. n yeah one shouldn't feel sorry for someone who is cheating on her husband but somehow I cant help it but pity her....

so what you think is her case convincing? can she win this case? after all her phone bill wasn't part of her husband's internet and phone bill. They were not suppose to bundle it up but send it separate...I feel like she will get some sort of settlement.

salaam

ailamos   

you think? Rogers might get a slap on the wrist but there must be some legal implications on her infidelity as it's grounds for a divorce, the judge might say that since she was cheating, the husband has every right to divorce her. As for Rogers' mailing of the bill, I don't know exactly what the outcome might be since Rogers' can state that this was it was not the company's fault that the marriage broke up, since she was doing something that provides the legal grounds for a divorce...

^ I think she has a pretty strong case but not for breaking up her marriage.

The original contract was in her name, they shared private information without the her consent.

:D this is a weird case .. the only way this case can possibly get more convoluted is if:

The other guy sues her for breach of privacy when she identified him after the husband asked about the number on the telephone bill that she had hour long conversations with.

he should sue her for emotional distress, and putting his life in danger :D

Aaliyyah   

since she was doing something that provides the legal grounds for a divorce...

walal this is not about the fact that she was cheating. But, rather how her husband became aware of it, since she was clearly keeping it down low. As geeljire pointed out her bill was under her name, but when the husband signed up for the same company (rogers) for his internet and phone bill they decided hey they are family we might as well bundle it up? the question is what right did they have to bundle it up?..so this is a privacy issue. I wouldn't know whether they will give her the 600 000 dollars she asked for..but I think she will get something off it...

just my thoughts...

Showqi   

Woooow, This woman is ridiculous. Instead of admitting her mistake and asking for forgiveness. She has the nerve to sue Rogers.

Now She is trying to cheat $600,000 from Rogers :D:D

ailamos   

Originally posted by Safa:

quote:since she was doing something that provides the legal grounds for a divorce...

walal this is not about the fact that she was cheating. But, rather how her husband became aware of it, since she was clearly keeping it down low. As geeljire pointed out her bill was under her name, but when the husband signed up for the same company (rogers) for his internet and phone bill they decided hey they are family we might as well bundle it up? the question is what right did they have to bundle it up?..so this is a privacy issue. I wouldn't know whether they will give her the 600 000 dollars she asked for..but I think she will get something off it...

just my thoughts...
^^ I think you've got a valid point, let's see what comes out of it, although I have no mercy for her :rolleyes:

From Legal standpoint, the company made a mistake. IT IS a violation of privacy if SHE didnt request the bundle up.

Ehem..from Moral standpoint, she, the adultress, should be stoned to death. Istupidh waaxid dheh. Where is al-shabaab when you need them. LOL!

Jacpher   

Roger should not be held responsible for ciid ku beegid on your own jaqaf.

Too many lawyers oon waxba heynin. Talow lawyer ma waayeen to sue Somalia for starting a civil war.

Ibtisam   

LOOOOOOL loool, weliba iyad ba so taagan!! Loool Classic loool thanks Aaliya for the laugh! lol

I feel for the kids, miskeen