Sign in to follow this  
Somali09

APOSTASY - Leaving Islam

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by BiLaaL:

SOLers, i suspect something more sinister in this thread. In this day and age, we cannot afford to be naive - like it or not SOL has become a nesting place for all kinds of folks trying to gather information about our community. Sometimes for noble purposes but other times for ill.

And NO, i'm not being delusional. Although I normally post in the Politics section, i'm a logical fellow. Norf can attest to this (you'll back me up won't you Norf
smile.gif
)

Be patient with me for a moment and i'll explain why we need to be more sceptical about this fellow. I'll address some of the points in his/her latest reply.

Somali09, your confused reply alludes to a number of points.

1. That you're not Somali.

2. That your understanding of what atheism actually stands for is flawed (since your understanding of the concept is flawed, would it be fair to assume that you're simply pretending to be one?).

3. The above two points lead me to conclude that you have an ulterior motive - possibly related to gauging the number of members on this forum with 'fundamentalist' Islamic views. Your topic selection and the fact you paid particular attention to the only reply pertaining to hudud, goes some way in revealing what your initial intentions may have been.

quote:

Originally posted by Somali09:

YES i am
somalian

The correct term is 'Somali'. It is implausible that a true Somali would get this wrong.

It is just a belief in the non-existance of any super natural force. To me, also humanism: ""Humanism is a democratic and ethical life stance, which affirms that human beings have the right and responsibility to give meaning and shape to their own lives".

Atheism and Humanism aren't comparable. They stand and argue for two distinct causes. Your borrowed definition of Humanism is correct. Where you err is in trying to link the two. Simply put, the humanist does not place much value on the existence or otherwise of God - it is simply irrelevant. Whereas non belief in God is central to Atheism.

The assertion put forth in the second point which i raised above gains traction given your inability to properly explain the concept.

I will reiterate, I have no problem with religion - you believe in what you want and I will do the same. Its a matter of FAITH.

I believe in evidence and quite content with natural & scientific explanation. To me a belief in something in the face of invalidating evidence is an illusion.

Again you're either being haphazard with your use of language or you simply do not know. Atheists themselves argue against the idea that atheism is a faith. Faith is to accept something as being true without having all the evidence (referred to as
Ghaib
, in Islam).

I could go on but i'll stop here.

To SOLers, I believe that this member is neither Somali nor Atheist. It is more plausible that he/she is an agent from one of the security agencies. Lookout for more 'controversial' topics (mainly centered around Islam) from this member. And with that in mind, I urge you all to be more sceptical and exercise more caution. Whatever you do, do not engage in a private conversation with such members.

We are a community of brothers and sisters here. I think we ought to look out for one another.

Somali09, if your aim is what I suspect it to be, it would pay to do some research.
I never agree with Billa, but on this I do. Beware of Somalia09 :eek:

Somali09   

To Sayid*Somal: thank you, you put it very well with your comment - "To you your way of life/relifion, to me mine".

I started this thread to interact with others with similar views or the very least have interesting debates with freethinkers.

To "Scarface" - do you honestly believe that a person is bound to loose their way in life if they no longer follow the quran strictly? Well I have never drank alcohol, smoke, lie, cheat, hurt another person, etc. I would like to think I live a good moral life based on natural ethics.

Let me put a question to you, If HYPOTHETICALLY that there is conclusive evidence that there is no god - would you abondon all your morals, commit murder, rape, cheat, robbery?????

Besides no one is perfect, there is equally many examples of other sins committed by people who are religious.

The environment we live may not change our core values but it does influence us - the way we think, see the world, opinions etc.

To "BiLaal" - I couldnt help but shake my head at you rather long and unnecessary post. You have presumed (from research & vast analytical powers) that I cannot be somali on the basis that I no longer choose to be muslim!

And my profile name is SOMALI09 but I choose to use the word somalians to address our people as a whole. I do get corrected about it most times, but to me i just think its neater.

I am afraid to say that its actually YOUR understanding of atheism that is flawed. Atheism and Humanism go hand in hand better than Humanism with any religious system.

Humanist "dont simply put much faith in god", It actually REJECTS any notion of supernaturalism (i.e God). It is non-theistic and stands for rational freethinking (without someone calling for your death) and ethics based on HUMAN and NATURAL values rather than absolute do's and dont's from the quran.

Now we come to the question of faith. I said that I have no problem with faith because everyone has the right to believe in anything or change them - with or without evidence. BUT i added that I personally dont since I am now content with natural evidence and things which are - rather than things which could be!

Atheism is NOT a faith because it is an evidence based system which rejects any notion of god because of the LACK"evidence".

And thank you for the laugh, perfect way to start my weekend - me an agent of the security forces!! I'm sure you have pictured me hunched over infront of a multi-screen computer inside a dark underground room in an ultra secure facility trying to gouch out fundamentalist - the fate of the nation rests on my shoulders :D:D:D

I no longer have a need for Allah, I believe in myself as a human and my own capabilities. and when I die, nothing of my essence will survive - no afterlife!

I AM proud of my heritage it has helped to shape who I am but why do people expect that we should all continue to think and behave the same? Any views beyond this and you get the same responses: you lived in the west too long, immoral, lost your way, shaitan has deceived you, you are weak, pray for you...etc....etc. Please!

Lastly, to "Mr Somalia" - you stoning me to death or roasting me in a slow fire is a perfect example the "All Merciful and Compassionate".

N.O.R.F   

I am now content with natural evidence and things which are - rather than things which could be!

What is this natural evidence and how has it shaped your beliefs/non beliefs?

*still holding out for a meaning discussion*

Kool_Kat   

Ayaamahaan waxaa isoo gaartay Islam waan ka baxay in wadamada Westiga sharciyada looga aruursanooyo ee maxaa ka jiro?

As my old man always says about similar characters 'iska daaya, farxada ingreeska aya wali ku jirta'

:D:D Ana ayeeydey (AUN) wexey dhihi jirtay 'qosol badan ooyin baa ka dambeysa'... :D

Johnny B   

Originally posted by Norfsky:

*still holding out for a meaning discussion*

No you're not, since when have you developed extra natural evidence receptors that you lacked al these years,you're not evolving, atleast not at that rate. icon_razz.gif , show nin gajeysani waa wada dareen. :D

Now, everybody let's get off Somali09's balls as he so brilliantly accounted for a stance his lookalike, namely Oz girl, meekly abandoned.

You're correct Somali09, the environment we live plays a decisive role both in our personalities and our overall life-view.

Once again welcome to SOL, the most open-minded Somali community on-line . icon_razz.gif

Nuune, waraa i'm back in Göteborg, bal isoo mar an afur ku sameye aniga iyo my new weifie from Somalia.

N.O.R.F   

^The man has made himself at home already. Laakin wax discussion'a uma jeedo. Ma sidaas aad fulayiin u wada tihiin?

Well I have
never
drank alcohol, smoke, lie, cheat, hurt another person, etc

Somali09...really?

N people leave Johny alone and let him welcome people of his faith with open arms smile.gif

Johnny B   

Fulayiin ?!

Car wakase nin gajeysan la dood oo gar ka qaad.

Atheer , we may not believe in Gods,but we're not s-t-u-p-i-d-s, we definitely believe in Human hard-headedness. :D

Edit:

Che,

people of his faith aa....hadaan ku dhaafo ....., waa noo taalaa. icon_razz.gif

Johnny B   

^Haa dee, it was in the contract dee.

sow tan adigaba lagu baray. icon_razz.gif

Your 'Domashi' is doing her Job .....

This really confuses me ... is 'Dumashi' female or Male?