Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Allergies and beauty products

Ibtisam   

Recently I cannot touch anything with out developing a rash or some sort of reaction. I went to Whole Food in south Kensington yesterday, I specifically asked the women to give me something that is not reactive, not harsh and fragrances free. I asked her several times, does this normal cause allergic reactions, she said “NEVER” She gave me rose merry oil and pure Vitamin E oil to use and Aloe Vera cream ( I initially wanted them because I keep burning myself with my hair straightener and giving my self little scares as well) Oh and I also asked her, will using them at the same time cause a reaction, she said “absolutely not” Anyway to make a long story short. I put them on this morning, jumped on the train, got to work, 1hr later I’ve not only broken out in a rash, I feel sick and my skin has swollen and red and I keep sneezing. :mad: Talking about a nightmare.

I should sue the little witch! Or go and demand my money back.

Anyway does any have ultra sensitive skin and what on earth do you use. Oh and if anyone can tell me why my body suddenly decided to have an allergic reaction to everything I touch that would be lovely.

I'm having an allergy test, hopefully that should tell me one or two things.

Did I mention I cannot use any of my perfumes anymore or even my usual Dove soap or my usual body wash. I’m so baffled, what the hell is going on. :confused: :(

Sorry for you ............

if you were in the miyiga you would have those alergics ,, u know everything in the miyiga is natural ,, you can use subag sixin ah instead of those creams and you can put Burcad on your head . . . . :D

Ibtisam   

Jacaylbaro this is Crisispoint.com thread, stop telling me useless suggestions, I don't have access to burcad, and at this rate I'd probably have a sever reaction to that too. :D:(

There must be some chemicals that your body is alergic to it ,,, u just have to figure out so that you can avoid them later. Go for that test and see what they say.

Ibtisam   

^^^I was thinking along the lines, of how does one develop allergies that they did not previously have. I am sure they do not appear out of the blue, and When will they go away so I can have a normal life again.!

Blessed   

I've allergies to an unknown product too, I usually stick to none perfumed natural products. However, Aloe Vera and vitamin e-creams at the Body Shop are great. I've contact eczema and I’ve been trying to work what I’m allergic to for years, I’ve stopped putting perfume on my skin and am careful about what goes on my skin.

I was initially convinced that I was allergic to the sun because I normally get an outbreak in the summer and then I moved to Carabta, and I didn’t have any problems. It’s come back in the past few weeks and now I’m convinced that I’m allergic to your dirty little island. .

As for how allergies are developed, I heard overexposure or eating too much of the same things can cause an allergic reaction. Your bodys way of telling to change the record.

Ms DD   

Ghanima

Have you eaten anything new or put on new cream or perfume? Have you been in contact with certain flowers or scent? Think back as to what was new in your life or whether you got in contact with someone who wa eating/wearing something you are allergic to.

Go and have that test and in the meantime keep the skin cool and resist the temptation to rub the itchy skin and apply copious amounts of moisturising perfume-free creams (or use olive oil) to reduce dryness and itch.

Ibtisam   

I recently eating Vegs & Fruits which i never use to eat, and I have stopped eating most junk food. I'm not a flower person, so no. Zenobia, maybe i'm eating too much fruits and vegs too fast and my body wants junk food back. Overexposure, hmmm. Aloe Vera and vitamin e-creams waa waaxa laa iga raace :(

Ms DD, I've been told to use just water for the time being and nothing else. I'm so glade my face is okay ( i should not speak so soon)

Like Zenobia I was thinking it must be this crazy weather.

Thanks Ms DD and Zenobia, oh and Jac of course ( still looking for that burcad

Jacpher   

^There you go. Your body needs those junk food back.

Easy. Put on some malmal and have two cups of salamuuko. Adding a little sibir mixed with magaad may help too.

Ibtisam   

^^What is malmal and have two cups of salamuuko. Adding a little sibir mixed with magaad Sounds serious.

Are you pulling my leg??

Buuxo   

Lool@maalmal,are you serious it smells terrible and ethiopians use it on everything that's all i know of it.

i know how you feel Ghanima, i had one of those reactions. I got so scared,went straight to a dermatologists, $100 later he tells me to avoid any perfum-base face-washes or creams.i knew that i just wanted something to get rid of it. But dont worry it will go away soon ,as long as you don't put on whatever aggrevated it.

^ I guess Malmal madaxa lagama shubin as a kid haye? Ciyaal isbitaaley waaxid! smile.gif

Jimmy,Adeer,Gabadha madili rabtaa? Sibir & Salaamuko,inalilaah.

Ghanima,You DO NOT want to touch Sibir,its the nastiest,bitterest & smelliest thing ever ever to grow on this earth. I believe in its original form,its called Dacaar(right?) which,if my memory serves right,is Cactus in English. Imagine drinking Cactus juice?

Baaaddd horrible memories, wuxu qaraar badnaa? God bless grandma...

-Lily-   

Ghanima, stay away from perfumed stuff. From hair shampoo to face and body products till things get better. If you actually want perfume you can spray it on yourself without your skin having to absorb it.

Try Simple range or Clinique depending on your budget. Good old E45 does wonders for your skin.

JUSTICE   

smile.gif rub some honey on your face, keep it on for a while and wash it with water. It should calm the skin down.

Drink plenty of water<<< and it will do wonders to your skin.

Secret to a beautiful skin!

1.A million dollars secret From CC

2.Water, water,and more water

Vitamins( some do break out the skin,do your research b4 you start them)

3.Stay AWAY from the sun/wind/ (dont spend alot of time out)

4.xar,are you shidding? mm? cleanse your stomach

5.clean!stay clean

6. Eat well HEALTHY FOOD , no junk food!