Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Ramadhan Treats - Whats on your plate?

Foxy   

whats on my plate...ehm ehm.....sushi with soy sauce & wasbi looks and tastes delicious......anythin hot and spicy does the trick....

:D

cheers

Nur   

La Femme sis

Ramadan treats? it should read " Ramadan Tears, how wet are your cheeks ? , a lt of tears for what we have missed to do, our sins, our compacency, our disregard for our own future, sister this month was not meant for treats, it was meant for hunger and worship at night, not treats and palying cards as it turned out to be, its a reminder, just a reminder , I want you all to be safe than sorry, i love ya all, thats why.

Nur

btw i make for iftaar

sambusa, malawax, suqaar,bur salid/mandazi, timir, shaah, qaxwo soomali, some green salad, mixed fruits, juice fresh or concentreted u know kuwo qaso and plenty of very cold water.

ku sheekayso. a light cake, maxlabiya or puddings or just fruit salad and shaah cadays ah with very good sugar.

casho

baasto, bariis dalac or whatever, chapati, canjeero, kaluun, hilib,

suhoor

soor iyo caano, bariis iyo caano, or even cereals. or even suqaar ito rooti ama haraagii cashada or left overs.

Malika   

Today - am making the ultimate coastal food..lol. cassava cooked till tender in coconut cream, spiced up fish sauces - okay, am about to break my fast with drooling.

ElPunto   

Malika totally swahilified - cassava, coconut and fish! Subxanallah - your ancestors must be rolling over in their grave. :D

Malika   

Ramadan Kareem @ sis Blessed - here you are :

http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/513510

This website has some other coastal dishes

http://www.zanzinet.org/recipes/deserts/kaimati.html

If on facebook visit the Swahili Recipes page ...

Lool@Che - Habo, told you come with me to Zanzibar aad kaa soo deeregtiid this sort of food..lol

Alpunto - I know!! but am grateful to them for being adventerous and go far and beyond their watering holes - today my culinary world has extended beyond my geeljire great great grandfather imagination.lol

aero   

sheherazade;327460 wrote:
^like the fungus that it is. Teehee. I will try all halal food but u will NEVER EVER get me to eat durian EVER again.

Was it because of the pungent smell? Aside from it's smell, it's quite delicious.