Sign in to follow this  
Abyan

The Hidden Truth Behind Hotel Drinking Glasses.

Cara.   

Just rinse with hot water before use. People are far more likely to pick up germs from the keyboards at the internet cafe down in the hotel lobby.

Abyan   

^^argh^, what about public doorknobs( knowing that some people dont wash there hands after the bathroom) sorry, im getting too paranoid here.lol

Naden   

^ I remember a TV show once checked restaurant glasses randomly and one sample showed 7 or 8 different saliva traces on a single cup. Barf. I suppose if you're not too young, too old, or too sick, your body can handle most nastiness out there.

Cara, I think one's keyboard is a hotbed for germs too. With all the food crumbs hiding in mine, I've probably grown a few interesting species :D

Cara.   

^Yeah, but they are MY germs, my little ecosystem of bugs. They are harmless... to me.

Anyone else deserves to get Ebola (on the number keys) and polio (on the mouse pad) for touching my property smile.gif

Naden   

^ LOL @ Cara, ebola huh? Heard something like 200X the number of germs in a person's desk area than a toilet. Some immune systems we got.

KoolKat, you're welcome :D Just be glad I didn't mention what they found on cinema seats.

two things

a too sterile an environment is just as bad as an unsterilized environment. We need to be exposed to germ so that our bodies can defend against them.

if you can help it, never trust with others something that goes into your mouth or anywhere near it.

If thats not the case, please keep the truth to yourself, thats how am able to deal with using all things public.

Cara.   

^Very true. Ignorance is bliss.

Naden, buy some Lysol disinfectant wipes. If you must use someone else's desk or computer, "accidentally" spill something on it. Offer to clean it up. Grab wipes and presto! You have an instant reputation as the klutzy office germaphobe. But hey, peace of mind is worth your reputation right? Right?

Generally I don't approve of the overuse of disinfectants, but in the winter I have to admit I get a bit paranoid. Everyone is sniffling and sneezing and not going outside enough.

We hot-desk at work. I have to use any computer/desk space that is available and I move around on a daily basis. This has put me in touch with my dormant OCD and I now spend 20mins every morning cleaning and disinfecting my computer, desk and telephone.

Hot-desking is a very gross policy. A money-saving, corporate piece of shit.

Gediid   

I once saw this 48hr special where they looked into hotel rooms and discovered traces of semen in every room in that hotel.Semen on the beds couch,carpets and even in one room the bible there had semen on it.It just makes you want to carry your own sleeping bag to where ever you travel.

Oh please, they pay these people shit and expect them to have high standards? And they should be focusing on the manager/owner of the hotel not the cleaning people who just follow orders.

Jacpher   

Drinking in a glass rinsed with water? How about fighting with cattle over the most dirties rain water on the ground. Bacteria is the least of your worries.

w1_e_07_.jpg