Sign in to follow this  
Dhubad.

The Greatest Somali Poets in 10 minutes

Man, they all were great poets. I specially enjoy those between Ali Dhuux and Sayidka (may Allah rest them all in peace). Any way I am Sayidka fan and I believe Ali Dhuux regrettably let the man down.

RedSea   

salamu calaykum all!

When poetry is combined with Qabilistic views,it becomes meaningless,such applies to Mr.Ali Dhuux's peoms.His other two inaabtiyos were more mature,although his talent level was just as high,but they commited their peoms in more meaningful events.

My favorite peots of all time or best of all time in my opinion rather.

1.Zayid Muhammed A.Xassan(Allah yaa raxma),the only one in somali history who had the talent of all gabay,hees,geraar,buraanbur etc..only he was capable of all.

2.A.Salaan Carrabay

3.Muhammed Warsame "Hadraawi".

4.Abdi Dhamac "Gaariye".

5.the Last but not the least: the patroit,A.Suldaan "timacadde".

May Allah blessings be upon those who have passed away,kuwii kalena sharaf iyo ciso ay ku noolyihiin.

that is all,

thanks,

RedSea   

^Well excuse me for telling you those I like the most and listen to the most.

And yes the Zayid was my awoowe.chew on that son.lol

Salaan Carrabay did mix qabiil here and there,but not too much.Even that is acceptable,because it's almost impossible to find a Poet who didn't intermix Qabiil and poetry,even the Zayid did offend some people.However,Mr.Cali Dhuux was in a different league of his own,when it came to qabyaalad.is that not right mr? icon_razz.gif

Jamster   

Greatest poets:

Raage Ugaas

Cali Dhuuh Aadan

Sayid Maxamed C/dulle Xassan

Not in that order. I think, those three have left a mark on Somali poetical order. They are the grand masters of our poetical treasure. Though Ali Dhuuh might be considered somewhat an agitator; he was an ambitious man (younger than his cousin Ismail mire); he was first commander of the Darvish elites way before Ismail found his feet on the ground. The only reason he rebbeled against the Sayidka (it is worthy note that Cali never solicited the help of the Brits against the Sayidka; he always stood his ground and sought help from his kin without much sucess) was because he thought he was more suited to leading than wadaadka.

His poetry in Guba (from technical point view and the legacy too) is a good example of his poetical finnese.

Of course, Raage Ugaas is the father of our Somali poetry whearas the Sayidka (correct me if I am wrong) the most prolific poet of his century.

That is my two cents woth.

For me i think the true somali patriot Cabdilaahi Suldaan Timacaddeh (no relation btw) was the greatest poet. for me the main reason is that my somali isnt very strong but yet i understand everything he is saying in most of his poem especially Kana siib Kana saar. that is patriotism summed in one poem and can bring a tear to anyone's eyes.

May he rest in peace and may have allah have mercy on him.