Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

Represent Somalia in the Olympic Games-China-2008

Som@li   

Jc, if you know any in Hargaisa, this is there chance, Olympics is free from politics..

ps,GJ_Goate are u the one left the same message at Hiiran.

pa, some1 plse move this thread from this lazy section to the sports section. smile.gif

Go Somalia!!

Does anyone remember the swimmer from Vanuatu who swam diagonally across the pool in the Sydney Olympics? The memory still cracks me up. I'm sure we can come with someone who can swim in a straight line, however slowly, no?

Som@li   

North, thanks mate, Abdi Bille is a somali hero, he did a good job in 1996.

Val, I heard you swim like a fish, :D , contact the committee.

Jac, there is a young athlete,very talented,in his early 20s, from Hargaisa, and hopefully you will see him running for SOmalia in Beijing and Insha ALLah, will bring GOLD home,inta aad wax kala gurayso, baa Soomaali midoobi..lol ;)

Warya Jamaal, waa maxay waxaasi?

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

Does anyone remember the swimmer from Vanuatu who swam diagonally across the pool in the Sydney Olympics? The memory still cracks me up. I'm sure we can come with someone who can swim in a straight line, however slowly, no?

I thought that swimmer was from Zimbabwe LOL. Will never ever forget that. That was not a diagnol swim,it was zigzag-ish actually. Tehehe.

I think,Somalis should represent such unconventional sports as Archery,Shooting & Rowing. I think we can win those sports,Hands down.

Rahima   

I thought that swimmer was from Zimbabwe LOL. Will never ever forget that. That was not a diagnol swim,it was zigzag-ish actually. Tehehe.

Don't know if it was Zimbabwe, but he was definitely African.

Till today im embarrassed by it- Africans should not swim!

Nephissa   

If it wasn't for the tight, skimpy outfit, I'd be the gymnast representing Somalia. Last I heard they were selling Somali passports in Eistleigh for $50, can get the TFG E-passport for even less, but it's not recognized passed Garoowe. :D

mckenziea15ow.jpg

Som@li   

Somalia to send delegation to Beijing Olympics

Sunday, 21 October 2007

Somalia, though not totally free from the plague of civil conflicts, will send a delegation to Beijing for the 2008 Olympic Games.Duran Farah, head of international relations of Somalia National Olympic Committee (NOC), told Xinhua News Agency on Thursday in an exclusive interview that the Somalia NOC has maintained taking the responsibility to organize a delegation to take part in the Olympic Games over the past years, despite many difficulties. The Horn of Africa country has been without authorities since 1991

The Beijing Olympic Games will not be an exception and Somalia will send a delegation which is not large, said Farah. The official noted that the Somali delegates will not only come from those living within Somalia but include some people residing abroad to escape domestic strife to present opportunities for both the groups. For the preparation work done by the Chinese side, Farah revealed that some Somali official has been to Beijing to see the situation. "There are lots of hot preparation going on at the moment (in China), and we are confident about the Beijing Olympic Games and eager to be there." In addition, Farah, who was part of 2 member delegation accompanied by Mr. Adan H. Yabarow "Wiish", said China has played a role in promoting the sports development in Somalia. The largest stadium in East Africa thirty years ago was built by Chinese in the Somali capital of Mogadishu. Farah was in the Kenyan capital of Nairobi to participate in the Olympic Solidarity Forum preparing a delegation for participation in the Olympic Games, which was organized and funded by the International Olympic Committee.

The two-day forum started on Thursday during which the Chinese side will report their preparation work for the Beijing Olympic Games.

Source: Xinhua, Oct 12, 2007

Originally posted by Rahima:

quote: I thought that swimmer was from Zimbabwe LOL. Will never ever forget that. That was not a diagnol swim,it was zigzag-ish actually. Tehehe.

Don't know if it was Zimbabwe, but he was definitely African.

Till today im embarrassed by it- Africans should not swim!
Whichever country he was from,That was just typical African.

Africans are crazy. There was one particular incident that i will never forget. Back in Bercelona(was it 92?),There was this female Eritrian runner who was wearing a male's jersey, a male runner's jersey yaah? No sports bra(She had the usual rajabeto i think). The sad thing about it was that,it was one of those long distance gigs right? which means people had to watch this poor beautiful African showing all her mammary glands popping out of the sides of her jersey.

Poor girl,she had the heart to finish the race but she was holding on to the sides or the end of of the Jersey to keep things tight,Needless to say,she came out last,a good 15minutes behind the leader,Maskiiin. I really felt sorry for her. Imagine the entire world either feeling sorry for you or ogling at you? :(

bit difficult doing any of those hands down.

icon_razz.gif Tell me about it~ smile.gif