Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Gello - The proud Soma

The Crisis of Masculinity

Originally posted by Mr. Gello:

I see alot of ideas have been suggested but the fact is my original premise remains unchallenged. Somali men are becoming more feminine and are being coerced into becoming the 'New Man'.

Rather than finding holes in my premise, you need to acknowledge and understand that the wider society is going through a rapid transformation. Where the boundaries are blurred and no longer scared.

Somali people, shouldnt follow these western discourses. However I find somali woman in particular are more prone to following these notions of hyper-femininity and they consquently try to exercise their new found independence over their fellow counterparts.

Educated and liberated Somali woman should understand that we have a different cultural system and should therefore protect and safe-guard our identity and hertiage.

Peace

Mr. Gellorino

1)Don't address them as 'MEN' :rolleyes: (the ones on here...they need to grow some balls)

2)You've wasted 4-6 minutes of your whole entire life dedicating a topic to a bunch of Homo's who think wearing skinny jeans and exchaging make up tips with a girl is 'normal'

3)If Yasin wants to act like Yasmin and Zakiriyah wants to act like Zakiya maxa ka shan iyo tooban?...who cares?, they can come and su*k on my big left toe whilst their at it....xaaaax now that would be Ideal

:D

Naden   

^ Bella, I am absolutely agog at your reply :D

Mr. Jello, I was wondering when you would bring Islam and/or shariica into the mess of a topic. Sorry, but the good book won't get you out of this one.

Rahima   

The freedom and independence of women in the west has had serious consequences for what it means to be a man.

So what freedoms do we have that you feel we shouldn’t have because they have serious consequences on your masculinity? Give me examples if you would.

Now a days, men are being coerced into becoming the less dominant partner in the relationship. The man no longer has the authority, he once held.

Horta, dominant is perhaps not the right word, but for peace-sake let’s just leave it.

Authority is a responsibility, not a right. Somali men are no longer the head of their households because of where they have put themselves, women did not do that to them, they only have themselves to blame. When you are an absent husband and father, expect that you will occupy a role which is easily dispensable. Be a real man, in that you step up to fulfilling your responsibility and no doubt you will be respected.

This whole thread reeks of male chauvinism :rolleyes: . Stop crying and blaming women for your shortcomings. You men, put yourselves in such a lowly position.

Cabdow   

Somali men this, Somali men that (don't you guys ever get tired of that) And, why you guys keep generalizing us(Somali men?) Like we all hailed from the same mother, we are NOT the SAME for God's sake!!

@Poster, stop being a wussy/whiner, and get your ragganimo role back. Hadey jiq kuu dhahdana iga hoo dheh :D

Abtigiis   

Canjeex, Maxaad u jeeda? Don't distinguish between men for the sake of this argument at least. It is all about assumptions, Let us assume all men are the same.

Now, having said that, I know I am speaking for the oppressed men folk here in SOL who are silenced and cornered, when I say core-feminists are a real threat to family harmony and islamic way of life. They are composed of losers who are bent on destroying happy families because they couldn't have one! As I said before, most are ugly and depressed. It is a fact but not many dare to say it!

In fact, kuwii tidcadee xamraday tin iyo cidhib qurux badanaa (those pretty girls we all know) are busy on other important issues, than resenting how Faarax's are behaving!

The sad thing is some good women whose agenda is only to see a fair and equal treatment of women [which is to be encouraged] are increasingly led into the sabotages of these core-groups who have a more sinster vision. I equate ultra feminists with those who are dancing in the streets of the wrold crying for 'recognition' and equality of the gay communities.

Down with ultra-feminists caawa iyo barriba! The good thing is members of that club waxba inagama wataan! The right sisters are the majority and are with us!

At least those we meet, and we ask whether they feel oppressed in any way, say 'o! no! without you, dhaxan baa na layn laheyd!'

EDIT- Any women who replies to this, is a feminist and ugly! :D:D

Cara.   

^You're trying too hard.

And yes, I'm an ugly feminist. I'm so ugly that the city council will not let me live within 15 miles of a public school because I give children nightmares. And when I went to the zoo the other day the animal handlers shot me with a tranquilizer dart and put me in the hippo pen. They only let me go after a blood test.

Since I will never find a man who is blind, deaf and has lost the sense of smell, I'm filled with bitter jealousy and hatred of attractive women. Just this morning I put dog poop in my pretty neighbor's mailbox, and now wait in delicious anticipation of her horrified screams. Only then can I go out (wearing a paper bag of course) and strangle small children and cute kittens for laughs.

I tried to respond to this thread. Took me an hour to think of what i will say. Then finally decided not to do so coz there is nothing to say about it.

Oz   

Originally posted by Bella*Princesa:

quote:Originally posted by Mr. Gello:

I see alot of ideas have been suggested but the fact is my original premise remains unchallenged. Somali men are becoming more feminine and are being coerced into becoming the 'New Man'.

Rather than finding holes in my premise, you need to acknowledge and understand that the wider society is going through a rapid transformation. Where the boundaries are blurred and no longer scared.

Somali people, shouldnt follow these western discourses. However I find somali woman in particular are more prone to following these notions of hyper-femininity and they consquently try to exercise their new found independence over their fellow counterparts.

Educated and liberated Somali woman should understand that we have a different cultural system and should therefore protect and safe-guard our identity and hertiage.

Peace

Mr. Gellorino

1)Don't address them as 'MEN' :rolleyes: (the ones on here...they need to grow some balls)

2)You've wasted 4-6 minutes of your whole entire life dedicating a topic to a bunch of Homo's who think wearing skinny jeans and exchaging make up tips with a girl is 'normal'

3)If Yasin wants to act like Yasmin and Zakiriyah wants to act like Zakiya maxa ka shan iyo tooban?...who cares?, they can come and su*k on my big left toe whilst their at it....xaaaax now that would be Ideal

:D
Bella, hmm crossing the bounderies can ruin your reputation as a nomad in SOL.

Just a tip.