Sign in to follow this  
Xoogsade

Don't Marry Career Women!! An Interesting Article

Zafir   

^^I think you’re enjoying this way too much, to have called in sick tonight.

Naden, I go no where with out my cuffs and ravishingly leather…..! But I regret, why I turned 21.

Bishaaro, Xoogsade, wuukaa qaldanaa. Accept his apology I believe it to be sincere sis. You’re young, confident, beautiful, career woman. Just so you know, I didn’t steal that from the commercials of upcoming show “ugly bettyâ€. I came up with it all of my own. :D:D

Xoogsadow, you’re walking on top of hot coals adeer :D !

On the career women thing, I am somewhat conflicted. There’s this part of me that admires the courage of career women and the sacrifices they make to get where they are. But there’s also that other part of me that recognizes that (perhaps) the sacrifice is not worth the cost; forgoing childbearing to attain mere career goals. I have seen and read many articles full of sad stories about high-powered career women fighting to snatch a child from the jaws of menopause . If a healthy balance between family and work is properly kept and women are not forced to choose one over the other, however, then that would be a desirable thing to do, you might think. But if the stats are something to go by, a bleak picture of high-earning women yet deeply discontented and unhappy emerges. It’s the latter picture, and not Bishaaro’s success story, that I find objectionable.

Truth is that pendulum has swung too far toward a one direction and the trends don’t look good at all (to me)! It’s us, and not only the women, who need to adjust to this changing world. Realistically speaking, the era when man was the provider and woman was the homemaker and caretaker had sadly gone. So the question is not whether one marries a career woman rather it’s how one finds a career woman who understands that there’s a better meaning to life than enjoying the fruits of years of education and training; a woman who sees some values in the art of homemaking and childrearing; one who is ready to compromise, I dare say, and give up her career to raise children! The problem, good Xoogsade, is that money subverts people. What’s true, obvious and right to me, some how, doesn’t even register valid in some peoples radar. Until it’s too late that is.

Xiin’s advice: be a career woman if you wish but get marry young. You will be happier!

P.S: I am not that conflicted after all.

Xoogsade   

Good timing Abwaan Xiin :D:D I can now sit back and watch where the topic goes. Phew!! Adaa soo doontay anigana waa kaaga dhuumanaa, qadyaanaan ka joogay, maxaa kugu watay camal lol.

You have made very good points bro. Thanks for the insight.

Zafir.

Thanks, let us hope all was a show and she wasn't as upset as she came across and wanted us to believe ;) Qof la iska gadaayo inuu meelahaan aqristo aan u maleenaa because I said nothing that warranted such a fierce reaction from cute Bishaaro.

A genuine topic turned into a battle between the sexes, another day in an open play ground all are invited, particularly the sensitive ones..

Would be intresting to watch this muscle stretching wrestling.

***Weeeef the whissle is off GO GO ****

Rahima   

Xiin’s advice: be a career woman if you wish but get marry young. You will be happier!

What is young? 16? I’m sure going by your post that would be right on the money icon_razz.gif .

BTW Xiin, this is a Somali forum, I don’t see how any of the so-called stats apply to us. I have yet to come across a Somali woman wait to have children until she was 38 because she was busy with her career :confused: .

Good timing Abwaan Xiin

Why, coz you think that he saved your behind from a good whopping :rolleyes: ? Dude, the guy just made it worse for you :D .

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

so the attraction is the programming opportunities of the young and their malleable mind which can be tailored to suit the particular needs?? that is wicked.. Didn't know women were into that..

Just catching up with the boys, my dear.

Xiin, I like the way you debate.. neither here nor there.. give with one hand, slap with the other! :D

Most suspicious and questionable of all in this thread tho, is Naden's taste in men :eek: :eek:

Castro   

Originally posted by Rahima:

I have yet to come across a Somali woman wait to have children until she was 38 because she was busy with her career

That's because you'd never come across any woman admitting to being 38 years old. :D

Naden   

Originally posted by Amelia:

Most suspicious and questionable of all in this thread tho, is
Naden
's taste in
:eek: :eek:

What's wrong with Djimon? :mad:

He can save me from the Amistad any day. :D

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

Thanks, let us hope all was a show and she wasn't as upset as she came across and wanted us to believe
;)
Qof la iska gadaayo inuu meelahaan aqristo aan u maleenaa because I said nothing that warranted such a fierce reaction from cute Bishaaro.

LooL Xoogsade, this line is more insulting than the prvious..Baxar aa tib sii dhahoosaa...Sxb..dabaal duud ma ku fiican tahay? just in case, it could come handy...Ilaahay ha kuu kaalmeeyo! :D

Cheers

Nephissa   

^^He's doing it to get a rise out of me, laakini iga heli maayo! I still like him though. ;)

Now Xiin's advice is a sound one, but how young is young? Is it the Somali young young, right after puberty? If so, then most of us are a decade behind, some two. I wasn't ready for marriage and kids then, heck not even in my early 20's. And just now that I'm two moons passed mid 20 [there you go, whoever was asking :D ] ready to have kids, can really afford to give them everything they need to be happy, healthy and have a good life, nin ma leh! Every guy I have met has this impression that I should be baking canjeero barefoot, and when they realize I don't fit that mold they start looking for someone else. Well, good riddance to bad rubbish, I say :D ! I believe Allah has plans for all of us, if we're meant to be alone so be it. I will be spending the rest of my life single with Gizmo. At least he accepts me for who I am, and doesn't try to change me.

PS: Zafir, I have one position open, 21 yr olds are welcome to apply. :D

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

quote:Originally posted by Xoogsade:

Thanks, let us hope all was a show and she wasn't as upset as she came across and wanted us to believe
;)
Qof la iska gadaayo inuu meelahaan aqristo aan u maleenaa because I said nothing that warranted such a fierce reaction from cute Bishaaro.

LooL Xoogsade, this line is more insulting than the prvious..Baxar aa tib sii dhahoosaa...Sxb..dabaal duud ma ku fiican tahay? just in case, it could come handy...Ilaahay ha kuu kaalmeeyo!
:D

Cheers
This is a double whammy.LOL.First its becoz of her screwing prowess that she made it to the top & when she felt insulted,its becoz Zu or someone( :D )ayeey iska gadeeysaa.Bishy,walaalo who is this Faarax,inoo sheeg dee.I know it aint me,nor Good Xiin & the guy who smells like an ol'goat :D LooooL.

Anyway,Xaaji Xoogsade,i am deducing that bishy is a shakshuuko (Gettin her job by screwng) & a complete showiste (showing off to ZU,err Someone) :D

Forget the career thing,i am already turned off by these two things ,thanks to you Xoogow,now i am no longer interested in Bishy smile.gif

Waryaa ninyow geesi sanidaa? Waa waa maxay cayda aad gabadha ladaba taagantahay? mise sidaan baad wax ushukamidaa? icon_razz.gif

^^^ Pierre - Ka daroo debi dhal!!!

Waaryaahe...maa maxay shakshuukada iyo af lagaadan ilaa heerkaa le'eg? let me tell you dude...Bishy was saying " May be Pierre [with the french flava] could have a chance" but with the above comments... I think you won't have a chance with even her future lil xaliimos (not that u had any) :D

Cheers

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Tyjwania:

And just now that I'm two moons passed mid 20 [there you go, whoever was asking
] ready to have kids, can really afford to give them everything they need to be happy, healthy and have a good life, nin ma leh! Every guy I have met has this impression that I should be baking canjeero barefoot, and when they realize I don't fit that mold they start looking for someone else. Well, good riddance to bad rubbish, I say
! I believe Allah has plans for all of us, if we're meant to be alone so be it. I will be spending the rest of my life single with Gizmo. At least he accepts me for who I am, and doesn't try to change me.

That means ur 27? :D Look walaalshiis a woman should get marriered early why? Cause yall have an expiration date! No hard feelings but its the reality. U may have lots of choices now keep saying uff to every brother….then bam u are in your 30s…still no man…and u will become a charity case…take any dude that wants u!

U remind me of my cousin I dont know if u got her beauty, but damn this girl is so beautiful, talented, incredibly smart, professional job, good heart but every brother she says uff to…even tho she wants marriage. Calaf she says she doesnt c the one!….maybe but get moving time is ticking!

Naden, that is the ugliest dude :eek: ….monkey looking dude.U like dark skin and big muscles? How about light skin..tall and skinny?

U are joking….women specially our women don’t like younger men they want a man to tell them what to do and take control I c it walaalhi….would a 26 yr old Somali woman be with 19 or 20 yr old brother? NO! They c u as little kid!!!

I like older women! Come on how stella i mean xalimo got her groove back! :D