Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

My gay work colleague

Ibtisam   

^^^I read that story on taht book "From my sisters lips". That was a normal relationship, even if these too convert together waa problamatic. It is a life style, he is more women than some ladies.

Well since I posted this thread, I've found out that he is also reading the bible, something on Buddha and Judaism. He’s apparently trying to find all the good things in each one.

I need to find an easy read on Islam to give to him, to throw Islam in the mix.

JB maa A&T ayaad igu xuuxin :eek:

Sheh I need your help with the business reasearch thingy. Are you free tomorrow?

ask DD, she had some Islamic books lying around. smile.gif I didn't get that story from a book but from a woman I met while travelling. It doesn't matter what happens to them eventually.

Yes, sure as long as it doesn't involve using a computer!

Cawaale   

Salams Ib.

I am not sure how i can be of much help. It is not a matter of a book, but "Hidaaya". and as nuune said i think I think since you interact with him you should try all the available channels to reach them out.

Also, I am not sure what exactly is their level'. Are they interested in Islam or are they simply asking for general knowledge. Are they simple readers or are they deep intellectuals.

For simple information for youth, you can try Gardens of Delights by Idris Tawfiq. For more in-depth view you can try The Eternal Message of Muhammad by Abdel-Rahman Azzam. For intellectual levels of thought you can try anything by Ismail Raji al-Farouqi.

The best thing I would ever recommend for them is to read the Qur'an itself. A good translation is by M. Abdelhalim - Oxford University Press. You can find this one in in London, bec. Prof. M. Abdelhalim is teaching in SOAS - London.

but for now pointing him to the local masjid would be the best thing to do, also you can handle him a booklet, you can talk to him about Islam and always be willing to tolerate too, no matter how disgusted you be by his tales :eek:

PS. don't give em the Quran unless he asked you to, i mean he has to be serious right? i mean converting in this concept means from dark to the light and not from male dress to Muslim female dress!! :confused:

Ms DD   

Salaam to all

Ibti

I will try to find if i have something suitable. But dont be prejudiced by him. He is committing a sin major than anything which is shirk. The rest will come later.

LoL. Ibti, that's quite a strange situation you described. Me, I would have fobbed him off with some literature. Do that to start with and see how interested he remains?

NGONGE   

^^ Stop telling her to give him books, people. We are talking about Ibti here. She'll scare the little rabbit away. :D

Cawaale   

Haduu islaamo Muslim caasi aha oo noqonaa, and Shareecada waxay ka qabtuuna maraa, laakin haduusan Islaamin, gaalnimuu ku dhintay maahinoo??

Ibtisam   

^^^I heard same as Cawaale, it does not take him out of Islam if he remains gay without denying that the act is against Islam. He will just be committing one of the major sins, right up there with those who have relations with animals and family members.

Val thanks, ignore Ngonge, he thinks I am radical. :rolleyes:

Ms Dd please do.

Cawaale, thanks for all that, his english is not the best, so I was thinking of getting him a childrens or basic for dacwa sort of books inshallah.

Ducaynase: Waaxa waalan

Cawaale   

First of all, it homosexuality is heinous act and islam permits it it is sufficient to warrant death penalty. even though some would say death fall is not the sole penalty agreed upon by the Muslim Jurists as a punishment for this crime.

but this guy/gay is not even muslim!

so if he converted to Islam he may do "towbah" and he may not! .. but one fact remains soled he would be a Muslim !! if Allah SWT give him "Hidaya" and he tasted the flavor of Iman he may give him the ability to over come this heinous sin!

where is Brother Nur any way?

Cawaale   

after searching the "Fatwas" on this issue..it turns out there is more strict fatwas..My previous post came at the background of a question asked a scholar in the same issue and his answer to it ..for instance there were two Arab homos..whom could;t have a wedding in there country and they come to Egypt to got married in one of the Cairo's luxury hotels.

The story reached Sheikh Salman bin Fahd al-Awda - general supervisor of the of Islam today institution and this is what he had to say:- this act is a major sin, and that who ever attempts it is unbeliever to Almighty God!!

Source

Allah knows best!

Oz   

Once I was driving back home from a short trip listening to the premier league updates on BBC sports and here came this reporter interviewing a transvestite Indonesian so called muslim. Subxallah it was shocking. So I continued listening to the rest, as it was all new to me.

According to this he/she/it there are 25,000 others like him in Indonesia, living in Jakarta meeting every Friday for Juma prayers at a place they call a Mosque.

The BBC reporter had attended that mosque and said "can you hear these females reciting the qoran with manly voice, well they are not but they are that as I mentioned earlier. I was so disgusted and turned off the whole radio and put back my Mogool CD. I could not believe the reporter could go all the way to Indonesia to find these people, in order to put a dent in Islam redface.gif