Sign in to follow this  
BOB

Why So Many Divorces? Solutions To Blissful Marriage.

BOB   

Originally posted by Dahia al Kahina:

^^Under what circumstance should the wife be doing that? :confused:

Salam Aleikum W.W

My Dearest Sister Muniira...

The moral of the hadeeth is not to say women should worship their husbands but be OBEDIENT to their husbands...

Speaking of obedience...check this hadeeth out.

A Sahabi once went on a journey of Jihad, when departing from home he instructed his wife to remain indoors and never to set foot outside in his absence.

after the Sahabi has left, the lady's father became very ill so he sent some one to call his daughter. she said to the messenger "ask the messenger of Allah (P.B.U.H) the rule of the Shariah because my husband has instructed me not to leave the precincts of the house, what should I do now?

Rasulullah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasallam) sent the response to her query "it's not permissible for you to go and visit your father" the noble lady abided by the ruling of the Shariah issued by the Rasulullah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasallam) so she did not go to visit her ailing father.

on the next day, a message was brought to her informing her that her father was on his deathbed and that she was required to go and see him. however, the noble lady replied in the same manner and Rasulullah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasallam) too responded in the same way as he did in the previous day. on compliance with her husband's instructions, she was not to set foot outside the house.

on the third day she was informed of the demise of her father. once again she was called to the home of her parents and she reacted in the same way and Rasulullah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasallam) said "even now it is still not permissible for her to leave the house, this her husband had forbidden.

after her father was buried and Rasulullah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasallam) returned from the burial, Jibreel (Alayhi Salaam) arrived with revelation from Allah (S.W).

Rasulullah (Sallalahu Alayhi Wasallam) sent a sahaabi to deliver the following message to the lady who had not left her home. "Allah (s.w) has sent a revelation and he has conveyed SALAAMS to you. Allah (s.w) has forgiven your father because you obeyed the shariah by abiding the instructions of your husband not to leave the house" MAASHA ALLAH.

isn't that Great?

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Ms DD   

Salaam aleykum

Truly a difficult thing to do. But again, nobody said entering jannah was easy.

Allow nin fiican oo na dhibin nagu aadi.

Malika   

^^Amiin Amiin

Brother BOB, indeed it’s great! Believe me wallal, I truly understand the fact being that Woman’s status in Islam is one of the most controversial and serious issues of our time.

Jazakhallahu Kheyr BOB.

Ms DD   

Dahia

Do you think maybe that most people talk about the responsibilities of the wife whilst the men get free ride? It is not mostly spoken about the issues relating to men and his responsibilities to his wife.

When the prophet (saw) said "the best among you is the best towards his family and I am the best amongst you towards my family"

So obedience to a husband would be much easier if the husband was best to his family. If he is not, the family suffers and the wife will not (perhaps can not) be obedient to a husband who isnt fulfiling his duties to His Creator and to his family.

Men has the leadership role in the family and as such it raises the question of responsibility, consultation and justice. I think this issue should be discussed bit more.

Aaliyyah   

When the prophet (saw) said "the best among you is the best towards his family and I am the best amongst you towards my family"

You are all emphasizing on HOW a wife has to be obedient and what not. But, as Cambaro stated only a man who met his responsibilities will be obeyed. When a man provides for his family, and he is compassionate of course his wife will obey him.....qofkasta wuxu shaqeesta uu helaya.

[ October 04, 2007, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: AAliyah416 ]

Blessed   

It's important to know and understand your role, obligations and limits but I really don't like the checklis and going into a marriage armed with a list of my rights approach. It's not very conducive to the tranquillity, love and union mentioned in the Quraan, I think.

Here’s a rare article that looks at it from the other angle:

Link

Tuujiye   

lol @ "Dhibic"

Bob waa ku salamay saaxiid.. I see in aad ramadaanka cimaamad soo xiratay lol..

I think problems with amrriage comes from both sides. The men's side and the woman. The men have more wrong doing than the woman now a days and the Woman well as always "Carabkooda iyo xantooda" ayaa reer kooda dumiya...

Is true guurka hada jira micnihii ayaa ka lumay. OO badankiis wuxuu noqday mid intrest leh iyo baaqi soo celis uff..lol..

Xadiith rasuulka (scw) was a xadiis u dhaxeeya dumarka iyo ragaba laakiin dad ayaa badalay oo ka dhigay oo u badshay in xadiithkaas uu hal dhinac u bato..which is the females side...

The same guys that preach dumarka waa in ee ragooda dhageystaan oo xaqiisa siiyaan, are does that go to another cities and merry another woman with out telling his wife and knowing he can't take care of two families..That is more danbi than anything walaahi and aaqiro ragaas su'aalo badan ayaa sugaya because hadalka ilaahey ayee u isticmaalayaan dan tooda..is sad...

ps. is see some old people that just have new names in this thread lol.. good to know y'all here still....looool..

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Traditionaly our roles were devined and boy was it easier than today.

We woman would make home, raise kids and be a wife coming out only when spending the hubbys hard earned $ for lavish shoppings that is haduusan koo qudur eh ku qabin.

Now we want to be everything, report to work earlier than husband, take kids to day care, school, and come home for cooking. no one can be good at everything and men to me have changed to more lazier n unproductive than ever. no balance here dont u see? marka gabdhoow miizaankiibaa nala jabay and we just complain n complain until we regain fair shares, we will always be the loosers. torn outs and will they not go the 2nd, 3rd, 4th wives. Yaa habar dhaqantay oo calal noqotay wax ku falayaal. got to look out for ourselves. NO 21st CENTURY WOMAN CRABB!

BOB   

Originally posted by Dahia al Kahina:

Islam is one of the most controversial and serious issues of our time.

I know but that's not how it supposed to be...Allah s.w has made it so simple for both of us but these days you find two adult people who know nothing beyond the Shahada and have no interest in learning and some of us here even consider Islam to be outdated and old fashioned and it just goes to show to show you those who utter such rubbish don't even know anything about Islam and most certainly don't know what they're talking about...they've just heard their favourite non-muslim actor or singer say it and they just repeat after him/her...

now, don't you think such people will only complicate the matters even more for their spouses since they don't know how Allah s.w has intended them to treat their husbands/wives and in my opinion it's such people that abuse their position be it wife or husband and before you know it that marriage has ended in failure.

BOB   

Originally posted by Tuujiyee:

Bob waa ku salamay saaxiid.. I see in aad ramadaanka cimaamad soo xiratay lol..

Salam Aleikum W.W

Walaalkey Tuujiye waan kaa qaaday Salaanta...

Abaa beryahaan dambe cimaamada aan ubogay waxa kale waan kusoo daalay...waala weynaaday markaan oo adduun inuu faaiido laheen aa la arkay marka waxaa la go'aansaday in lagu noqdo Religious Roots.

Beryahaan waa lagu waayey...waxaan is dhahay aroos qudbasiro camal uu galay marka wuxuu is leeyahay yaa sooryo lagu weydiin...

You made a good point...some men do use and abuse their wives all in the name of religion but I made it clear by quoting couple of hadeeths of how the prophet used to treat his wives and its clear those men are in the wrong.

If women ever wanted to know how highly Islam values them they should look no further than the hadeeth which stated Paradise lies between the two feet of our Hooyo macaan (Woman) marka I'll advice my sisters not to listen to the western propaganda that Islam opresses women because there's no religion on earth that rates and value women as highly as Islam marka my sisters just because men abuse you doesn't mean Islam condones such cowardice...in fact it totally CONDEMNS.

May Allah s.w Guide Us All Through The Righteous Path Insha Allah.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.