Sign in to follow this  
Hales

Are there any reasons why Girls dislike the the word naaya

Hales   

I always thought it was Synynomous with the word "waryaa" and its perfectly ok to call guys that.

it has negative connotations attached to it. Just seems rude, something you would say when displeased with a woman i guess. whereas warya can be a term of endearment.

aano meel iska maraya ayaa gabadh soomaali ah iyo mid cadaan ah iga hor yimaadeen - markey ila sinaayeen aya tii cadaan ka ahayd igu tidhi:

Waryaa! - markasaan waxaan ku idhi: "Yes Naaya?", tii soomaaliga ahayd baa soo booday - oo tii cadaan ka ahayd ku tidhi "OMG - he called you bij".

Lost in translation huh? - i think not. but naaya is used as term of scolding where as waryaa is from the wadnaha :D

p.s. why you ask - ma lagugu dharbaaxay?

Hales   

I just remembered a Dugsi teacher used to call everyone regardless of gender Waryaa. And then he flopped one day and he called a girl Naaya; thats when things went bad for both. Some girls apparently prefer to get beaten then be called naaya, just shows how much they like that word.

UZTAAD   

what about naag, it is also rude, i think , polite words for women is Islaan, haweeney, gabar.

but if you say naa xaliimo is ok lool,

Hales   

Originally posted by UZTAAD:

what about naag, it is also rude, i think , polite words for women is Islaan, haweeney, gabar.

but if you say naa xaliimo is ok lool,

I remembered Naag is also distasteful, Queen Arrawello probably hijacked these words. Islaan or Islaamod are meant for Dumars or guests out of respects but you wont use it in school or college.

Hales   

Originally posted by Ducaysane:

How about Bilcaan.

What language is Bilcaan part of saaxib, never heard of it.

Hales   

Originally posted by Neumann:

quote:Are there any reasons why Girls dislike the the word "naaya"?

Because of its usage in a pejorative context, I'm sure.
Its not supposedto be pejorative, whoever invented the word im sure meant it be used in the same context as that of Waryaa; its the equivalent and synymous with that word.

I mean i wonder what happened in the past that made these word become distatefull to woman. I mean its not like youll object to being called nin or waryaa.

Heck i even remember a girl objecting to the usage of the word gabar.lol.

Hales   

Ok how about

Old lady, senior, older female relative = dumar

Younger woman or girls = Halimo or Gabar

peasant   

I think the word sounds very sexy if it is only used by couples in the bedroom but outside world i find it to be very suggestive.

Hales   

Originally posted by peasant:

I think the word sounds very sexy if it is only used by couples in the bedroom but outside world i find it to be very suggestive.

spanking her in the buttock before s houting naaaaaayaaa! :D