Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

Free Speech on SOL ??

NG, I’m only objecting to the way he is being picked on. Someone has used his real name in this thread – not yet deleted because I’m sure the mods didn’t see it. Also, there is no need to associate his views with those of the orgs he is part of, it will probably offend other people, especially when he hasn’t stated his opinions as those of QMSS.

Also, my little sis is joining QM in the coming year and I’ve already told her there is a fab student org in place! So I don’t like it being brought into disrepute here... icon_razz.gif .

That’s my reasoning and I’m sticking to it.

NGONGE   

^^ Oooh! Was that his real name? Well, bully to all those that claim he's not Somali says I. :D

But I take your point about the name. It should not have been posted on here.

Still, I disagree with the bit about his opinions being separate from those of the QMSS. I believe those questioning him have a valid point there.

Ps

Don't fret, I reckon Marcus is enjoying all this attention and is hardly offended by any of it.

underdog   

Good Morning all,

Looks like this has yet again spawned into more than it deserves to be.

Firstly, this whole issue with the "Real Name": Its on the website, its on his youtube profile page (which he attaches to every post) and if I was out of line on that one, I apologize.

Secondly, Serenity when you say

there is no need to associate his views with those of the orgs he is part of, it will probably offend other people, especially when he hasn’t stated his opinions as those of QMSS.

That's what I've asked since way back in page 4

You're a leader of an organization trying to unite Somali people, yet on a number of occasions you have pointed out particular groups within the Somali community that you deem as sub par and don't quite fit in with your image of a united Somali community. My question is:

is this your personal view or this the view of your organization?

And neither he nor any member of the group have given an answer.

The answer maybe obvious to you but I personally would like to know, and if you or him or anyone else out there feels that question is too personal or out of line, maybe you can answer this one:

If you cannot handle inquiries about your public stand on issues, how do you expect to represent any group that has to communicate and relate with the public (Somali or otherwise)?

underdog   

Serenity,

did you skip the earlier pages of this thread?

Originally posted by marcassmith:

^No

i am the offical spokesman for the society!, if you have a enquiry, let me know!

underdog   

I really don't see what the complications are.

What happens if (God forbid) he has to represent at a press conference?

Is he really that far from an interview with Stephen Sackur and a guaranteed psychological breakdown?

Ngonge, as Nephy one's said, haba haba, oo meel fadhiiso, maanta warba makuu yaalo.

I can't believe you at times. Here you are providing rationale on behalf of these people, when you know full well that they are on the wrongs.

How can you justify attacking one's ideas ?

Can't a person be allowed to express his or her ideas freely without confrontation?

You people are wondering why I am always on the attack mode, and its because I can't for the life of me understand who made you people the judge and the jury on one's own freedom of expression.

Whether it may be the marc expressing his views regarding state of somalia or Johnny B discussing his beliefs regarding the religion or anyone else for that matter speaking about a certain subject, all we can do as spectators is just to either agree or to disagree, we can not go on a rampage regarding one's true intentions, nor can we assasinate one's character as ghettonima has so profoundly displayed here.

Fruthermore you don't know what/ who I may or maynot know so iska amus.

I do not wish to know you, and I do not care to know what you are all about.

You are a despicable human being.

When I made that comment regarding you having alot of time on your hands, it was just that.

I, on the other hand just come here, make few comments, and add some suggestions and thats that.

I do not take anything said here or any other cyber platform personally, but you do.

You had to go out of your way, to confide in someone else who may or may not know the Marc and you came back here to report that person's opinion as if someone asked you to keep your tiredless gossip upto-date.

I might have sounded harsh above, but I really do mean it, please seek help ghettonima.

Marcus, word of advice, dont reply to personal attacks! (And drop Layzie from your kiss-A$$ team - she is really getting you into more trouble).

Our resident SOL Temptress has a point. Excuse her foul mouth regarding the **** kisser, it take one to know another @serena, but most of the early negativity surrounding The marc's threads were directed towards me.

My beloved SOL haters, knew full well that my initial intro of The marc's video segment showed a great deal of potential, thus inviting controversy in which they immediately tried to find a way to stop it by not admitting that the man had a point and it was a very well thought segment.

The Marc put alot of effort and time into creating these video's so he can pull us all together , so that we can work out our problems, whatever it may be. (Dalkeena &dankeena)

So, yes some of the early attacks were directed @me, because I was the sole supportor of the Marc at the time and having completed previous cyber karbaash on these very same people that were and continue to attack The marc, were just seeking vengeance.

I wouldn't be lying when I say that The Marc has handled himself very well.

He has shown fair and balanced feedback.

All he asked in turn was to open your mind and your eyes to his ideas, and instead you attacked him for it and shame on you all for that.

The Marc, you are an outstanding member, I really hope you don't fall for the tacky lines.

They have one goal and one goal only. They want the marc to be silenced, and what better way than to see him banned. This group will do pretty much anything to see that happen and my only advise to you is not to fall for it@The Marc.

PS:Hi back@JJ, aniga aad iyo aad ayaan ufiicanahay, thanks for asking sista.

Chimera   

Marcas your presence and it's reaction has perfectly demonstrated to me why a person should always keep his/her identity safe and hidden from the Internet,(the name & the shades make sense) basically anything that goes on in the internet should stay on the internet, i would hate to see you getting your name slandered for your contribution on this forum(good or bad - irrelevant).

I think some of us need to learn to differentiate between marc's serious posts and when he just feels like clowning and being sarcastic.

MZanzi   

Originally posted by Adam Zayla:

irrelevant).

I think some of us need to learn to differentiate between marc's serious posts and when he just feels like clowning and being sarcastic.

Here's an issue that deserves a lot of attention

Originally posted by Adam Zayla:

I agree, Adam. I think on this occasion waa lagu xad gudbay Marcas. I'm actually shocked at some of the comments posted.

Kool_Kat   

Horaa loo yiri 'laxwalba mayshay isdhigtaa lagu gowracaa'...Isagaa isku keenay...He sought the attention, now he should deal with the outcome - positive or negative...

Layzie, iinooloow!!!

Zafir   

^His name is The Marc , I beg to differ here, I really don't think Underdog’s intentions were to expose him at all, if anything it was to conform he had checked the Link that was provided. This guy has put him self out there providing the link to show he was a member (as he called it organizer) and he later boosted being offered the president position to which he declined not once but twice.

If I provided my email address on these boards and someone referred to me in my real name, where is the exposure? to even take it up further with this Facebook SOL group, most of the people have their real names on there, if someone referred to anyone by their real name on these boards, they didn't expose you. You did.