Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

Don't You Dare Get 'Sweetie' on Me

nuune   

I think next time he says sweetie to a woman, they will sue him!

Laakin, soomaali haadaan nahay, jiljileecaas ma lihin, well of course for most people, macaanto, cadeey boolo, huuno iyo jimankaasba waxaa isticmaala dadka maskax falluuqa qaba, waxaana loo isticmaalaa dadka maskaxdu oloshey oo kalmad naxariisa agtooda aanba soo marinba.

I remember in a party, wiil baa gabar ku yiri "macaanto kaalay aan isla dance gareenee", markaas bey indhaha intey ka soo gashey wiilkii ku tiri "ma adaa dhadhamiyey macaankeyga", wiilka raggeedi uu ahaa maba iska waalinin wuxuu ku yiri "hadaba hadeynu is dhadhamino bal ka warran" intey qosol yaroo qoonsimaad iyo qardajuuf ku jiro intey wac ka siisey bey halkii gacmaha is qabsadeen bog to bog la isla jeesay.

Marka, in maskixiyyan and mabda'iyyan, dumarka aad bey u jecelyihiin i lagu yiraahdo kalmadaha ay diidaan marka hore!

Nephissa   

Originally posted by nuune:

I remember in a party, wiil baa gabar ku yiri
"macaanto kaalay aan isla dance gareenee", markaas bey indhaha intey ka soo gashey wiilkii ku tiri
"ma adaa dhadhamiyey macaankeyga"
, wiilka raggeedi uu ahaa maba iska waalinin wuxuu ku yiri
"hadaba hadeynu is dhadhamino bal ka warran"
intey qosol yaroo qoonsimaad iyo qardajuuf ku jiro intey wac ka siisey bey halkii gacmaha is qabsadeen bog to bog la isla jeesay.

Naagaha qaarkood jilj-jilicsanaa ma xalwaa? Akh! redface.gif . Call me old [but only behind my back] nin sas i dhahay iima noolaadeen, he'd better be expecting "**stard" or "mf **niis, maxaa i mooday" as a response and a spit in his face.

Originally posted by Hunguri:

I thought, she was upto something. And, my reply to her was like " Aaah waaryaahee tani waaba iska diyaar. Oo waa iska kaa rabtaaye". To a big suprise, I found her calling these words every body at work
smile.gif
. A typical Somali dry man! Malaha Gaajaa i haysay xagga (sweety,honey,xabeebee) Waxaasoo dhan Xaliimooyinkaas madaxa waawayn baa ka masuul ah
:D:D

L0L :D , Some people are just generous with words like that and not necessarily mean it in a romantic way, you dry man! Teeda kale it's much easier than trying to recall all the names of all the people they talk with. L0L.

I've just called a friend ,, a girl responded ,, i asked the person, she said she is coming back in a bit (assuming she is in the toiled) ,, i said ok then ,, i'll call her back ,, she said "HAYE MACAANE QURUXOOW",,,,,,,,, weligay maan arag, ima taqaano , and she is saying this.

Should i start insulting her and spitting in her face through the phone then ??? ,,,,,,,,,

Ibtisam   

^^^Yes, she is too fast, baal maaxa kagal quruxudada iyo macankaka :rolleyes: Unless takale aya kaa sheekise to her friend and she is just speaking on what she's been told. :D Even then she is still too fast! *n*a*c*a*s ilko deer kuu dheh :D

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

This is our equivalent of

- abaayo macaan

- macaanto

- huuno

-qalanjo

-dhuubo dhex yarey

-cadey

I'm probably missing some. I know some people dont like to be called any of these and to others it is music to their ears
:D
as JB put it there is no way to win sometimes

Exactly...These girls always finding something to bug over about.

I've just called a friend ,, a girl responded ,, i asked the person, she said she is coming back in a bit (assuming she is in the toiled) ,, i said ok then ,, i'll call her back ,, she said "HAYE MACAANE QURUXOOW" ,,,,,,,,, weligay maan arag, ima taqaano , and she is saying this. She does't even know if i'm a Jinn calling from the bottom of the toilet ,,,,

Should i start insulting her and spitting in her face through the phone then ??? ,,,,,,,,,

Cara.   

It's all about the context. The 60 year old bus driver who says "how you doing sweetie?" to all girls, and "how you doing son?" to all the guys: that's OK. But the way Obama used it comes across as dismissive, especially since like the reporter said, he didn't answer her question.

Still, reminded me of this.

Originally posted by Nephthys:

quote:Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

Faheema,Sweetie,Cadeey,Why do you think it is condenscending?
smile.gif

It's condenscending and we will not have it, so walk off, Mr, walk off [ala bachelorette style, assuming you watched that
], some guys think the girl is interested, because they're interested. They start pouring out their feelings right away and come on too strong [Cadeey and stuff bay ugu yeeraan..]

LooL@Nephthys I have a similar phrase in Somali which is Sii Soco

FB Waryaahe, When a man (who is considered a stranger) says 'sweetie' coupled with certain body language/gesture it is very patronising and condescending. Markaa Walk Off

Hablow,meel la idin raaco maleh,really. Sweet words,xitaa becomes condenscending....what else becomes condenscending? Abaayo? smile.gif

Cara.   

Originally posted by Ms DD:

Is it true that you cant be kind or sweet to Somali man cos he will thinking you are into him?

Ms DD, you can't be kind and sweet even to the one you are into, ceeb waaye waxaas. Much better inaad huruuftid, you don't want to give them ideas do you?

Faheema.   

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

Hablow,meel la idin raaco maleh,really. Sweet words,xitaa becomes condenscending....what else becomes condenscending? Abaayo?
smile.gif

Faarax, maxaad isla yeel yeelaysaa? you know perfectly well what we mean. Whether he's being condescending, genuine or just plain naive smile.gif

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Nephthys:

Good lord, what next? Is that the best they can throw at us? Atleast he didn't call her
"boo"
give the man a break. Words are words don't sweat the small stuff, white America!

Us? I'm not sure but I reckon this is what the 'mali' kids would call an 'isqor' :D