Sign in to follow this  
LayZie G.

Burqa Hijab Ban: Why I agree with Sarkozy

These people hate the Niqaab, and now they want to impose their opinion on all of us.

If u wanna debate your opinions say so, but not go about claiming it should be panned.

N.O.R.F   

Let me put this 'debate' to bed shall I?

In conclusion, Sarkozy's comments are actually AGAINST the very same values he thinks he is trying to uphold (and LG believes in) and France has become renowned.

Furthermore and considering the above, the Burqa, REGARDLESS whether or not you like it or agree with it, is a voluntary (some say obligatory) act of religious observance. This falls under the FREEDOM OF RELIGION bit just in case you was wondering LG.

LG and Johnny

I'll take that as concessions from both of you.

Have a good night!

Johnny B   

Originally posted by LayZie G.:

Fabre, paradise is that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Layzie, you and your signs of paradise. :D:D:D

Norf, bring the attempted proofs dee.

In conclusion, Sarkozy's comments are actually AGAINST the very same values he thinks he is trying to uphold (and LG believes in) and France has become renowned.

Not necessarily against , unless you equivocate on what freedom of religion coveys in our Secular Society that is.

It's not an evening YET . icon_razz.gif

Fabregas   

lol@abti johnny

Fabre, paradise is that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Not before we find you a nice young mullah. I pictue you wearing a niqab in ten years time and calling yourself um fadumo ;) 5 kids; oh how lovely. we just need to find a suitable mullah. Sorry Johnny B.

ps. to what extent should France enforce "secular values"? Would they also even have the right to ban women from wearing simmple headscarfs? What about the prohibition of jalabeeb?

Salma   

LG, what's the point from proividing u with our opinions, if u gonna make fun or get mad at them. Relax, even if all the SOLERS in this forum will agree/disagree with u, it will not change the fact that burqa is: 1)optional in Islam.

2)Women wear it by choice.

3) As Europa wanna convince us that being naked has nothing to do with being bad or cheap,then we have the full right to tell them that wearing Burqa has nothing to do with being radicals, oppressed or criminals.

4) As a result, Mr. Sarz has no right to say such statement and create a debate/ law (whateva) based on it. Well, if he wants to protect his country from the terrorism and fundementalism,as he see/fear, then how about if he develops a method for observing those he suspects till they are proved guilty.

So,be objective, so many members have given u their opinion and bcz u hate the burqa, u wanna silence them.Is that fair from ur side?

P.S: the photos u have posted are totally. irrelevant And who is Lil Kam anyway???

nuune   

Originally posted by Fabregas:

^^ ma shariff? cimamadi iyo khamis bu turay.

lol, ma uusan tuurin, habeenkii buu la soo baxaa

Johnny B   

Zulfa,

"3) As Europa wanna convince us that being naked has nothing to do with being bad or cheap,then we have the full right to tell them that wearing Burqa has nothing to do with being radicals, oppressed or criminals. "

Isen't that the VERY , Them and US bile , Layzie were talking about?

You've agreed that BURKA is not religiously demanded of women to sweep along, the conspiracy theory of THEM against US is but a resolution of your unwillingness to be realistic?!.

N.O.R.F   

Not necessarily against , unless you equivocate on what freedom of religion coveys in our Secular Society that is.

Last I knew Secularism = Freedom to practice one's religion without any qualifications. If you think there are qualifications, please provide them. If not, this discussion is over.

ps I haven't got into Human Rights and the constitutions of secular countries yet ;)

^the old argument of 'us' VS 'them', just as I predicted.

Stop blaming the west for all your problems, instead tell me how you feel when you cross paths with a fellow muslimah covered from head to toe, supporting the latest Burqa on hot humid day? Does it anger you that she is suffocating inside that black veil? Or do you not care? As for me its incomprehensible.

I can't tell you enough how angry I get when I see a muslimah on the driver seat with her veil or a muslimah carrying a grocery bag and carrying the 'drape' as well as managing two of her children, all the while crossing the street. It is dangerous and wrong and it is unnecessary and the few that make this a west vs muslims are delusional.

But all that aside, do muslims who migrate to France know the secular values thats deeply rooted in France's history?

Do they respect those secular values? If so, they should respect the state's wishes of removing religion symbols from public sphere. After all, Hijab was banned not long ago from public institutions and Burqa will be dealt the same faith and its only appropriate that the title be called Burqa and Hijab Ban.

As for the rest of you, ask yourselves, why should Burqa's ban matter to you as an individual, especially in France?

and i would say your response is quite the proverbial angst i would expect to sidestep "the problem" with western democracy. i will admit Muslims have many issues addressing and properly implementing Islamic law from a practical perspective. however, the reality here is that flaws exists on both sides but i see you're blindly drunk with your point of view and i do not attempt to win you over to mine, rather this isn' about us vs them but to call out the discrepancies within western values that preach one thing and practice another.

the cornerstones of democratic traditions which the west prevails itself to champion over all other so called "backward" societies call for freedom of choice and individual right.plain and simple. it would appear the west has problems adhering to those principles when someone of different stripes comes calling. so who is more inclined with us vs them now.

Khayr   

but i see you're blindly drunk with your point of view and i do not attempt to win you over to mine, rather this isn' about us vs them but to call out the discrepancies within western values that preach one thing and practice another.

the cornerstones of democratic traditions which the west prevails itself to champion over all other so called "backward" societies call for freedom of choice and individual right.plain and simple. it would appear the west has problems adhering to those principles when someone of different stripes comes calling. so who is more inclined with us vs them now.

blindly drunk with your point of view

Johnny and Lazyie Bone....see you at the crossroads.... :D

The Burqa belongs to a by-gone era. It has no place in France. It removes the woman of her personality and character! Its not Islamic nor familiar to the Somali psyche.