Sign in to follow this  
LayZie G.

Burqa Hijab Ban: Why I agree with Sarkozy

samafal not so black and white - a lot of muslim men deserve a lot of boots up where the sun don't shine for their treatment of women. Stating this is not wrong, using it to attack islam is opportunism and weak, but that doesn't mean it should not be voiced.

Samafal   

who are these moslem men that you are refering to? Women are being abused in everywhere in the world whereby their rights are denied and physically and mentally subjugated. Its not something reserved for msolem men and even in the countries where abuses such as honour killing takeplaces, this is not so becouse they're moslems but its something inherent in their cultures whether they are moslems or non moslems e.g take Pakistan and India.

I listen to the radio on my way to work and I can't believe how ignorant most callers are about Islamic faith. I also see lot of moslems falling for their ignorance and will sweea it as the truth. Somali waxay tiraahda beentii fakataa runtii baa la moodaa. The more we dont challenge these ignirance the more its deemed as the truth.

STOIC   

I don't know if this Journalist was writing about philly or not but you should walk down chestnut street in west philly, right afte U-city and they are everywhere, even the non muslims walk around talking about aaki this and aaki that.

Naxaar,

I live in the suburb of north-west Philly.I know of the street you are talking about.This is the only place in America where majority of the men keep Afghan style of untrimmed beard and women walk on the street with Taliban style burqa.I have had the good fortune to pray in many of the mosques that are everywhere in Philly!And I'm really impressed by the effort of the Imam's who studied the religion in places like Yemen.I never knew anything about the Salaf sect till I got to meet this imams.Impressed.

The Zack   

It is just funny how some Somalis pretend to be gaalo. Adeer Burqah is either Sunnah or Waajib! It is just stup1d that someone that claims they are Muslim would say they feel bad for Muslim sisters that wear Burqah. How would "Muslim" person feel bad about another muslim performing a religious act, cajiib!

Originally posted by LayZie G.:

^Ofcourse the burqa is harmful to others. (read the part where she is on the driver seat)

:D How pathetic haha. Carry on....

Jonnny boy- you make me smile, but answer me this-precisely how forward thinking do think that Sarkosy and yourself are when you're both adamantly refusing someone the basic civil liberty there is to express ones faith freely? Would you be so against it if one’s faith proclaimed that wearing a banana on ones head lead them to heaven? Or have you just been grossly manipulated by the media and its ideas of female persecution.

Have you actually spoken to a woman wearing such a costume? Had an in-depth discussion with her? What motivates her to go above and beyond the call of Islam duty? Because if you had you would quickly realize that the large majority of these women wear such a thing because they themselves wish to and I am speaking about those women who are “supposed” to be living “freely” in this westernized decadent state of eternal and of course utter bliss. (Note the hint of irony)

Again Sarkosy is nothing but another controlling little b@stad suffering from short-mans snydrome. Napoleon had and so does this right wing tosser -thats right we call can play at throwing around a bit of emotive slander.

Anyway If the French were so forward and as grand as and better than those filthy controlling Arab men then why are they following their example? Me thinks that the France is not to free after all.

Besides, we all known the French to be the biggest sack of inherently sophisticated racists the world knows, second only to the Aussies and Russians perhaps. I mean if they truly cared about the plight of women then should then not ask the very women whom they’re trying to “protect” opinions on the matter instead of deciding for themselves what constitutes to as faith and repression? And don't try to tell me too that even in the west these women don't possesse minds of their own. Because of course these men have such a power of them that they fail even to breath when it is not commanded so? LOL

Ps Men would agree that the Hijab is wajib and would encourage his daughter and wife to dress modestly but never have I seen a man who would FORCE his daughter to wear the niqaab or Burka. Men in truth really aren’t even that extreme its the women who decide to venture to such a thing. It’s not easy but it’s what they wish and so who are you to deny them that right?

Originally posted by AfricaOwn:

quote:Originally posted by LayZie G.:

^Ofcourse the burqa is harmful to others. (read the part where she is on the driver seat)

:D

How pathetic haha. Carry on....
LOL Laugh all you want but it’s actually a valid point those who wear Burker should not be allowed to drive due to reduced visibility. This is a clear cut safety issue which reminds me of the time Seeks? (spell?) men refused to wear crash helmets when on motor bikes because of their turbans.

Still so long as burker gals don't drive its fine with me. Not-personally but I can accept another sisters wish to do as she likes.

Cawaale   

Originally posted by chubacka:

Noone should be told what to wear and what not to wear by a politician. If he wishes to give women diginity then give them sum credit for choosing their own wardrobe.

This is jst a cheap shot which will only add to anti-muslim sentiment.

Couldn't agree with you more chubacka.

as for Sarkozy , i think he will make a good by freeing and rescuing the likes of this women form themselves.

Very%20Crazy%20Piercing.jpg

Mise taas wa xornimo shakhsi ah!!!

LG.you know Sarkozy is driven by his ultimate ignorance and perhaps his obsession with models, and for that its understandable but NOT acceptable in any form.

you need to see this!!

THE NAKED photograph of Carla Bruni the wife of French president Nicolas Sarkozy.

THE NAKED photograph of Carla Bruni that caused a furore during the ex-model's state visit to the UK last month has sold at auction for £45,000, smashing its £3,000 guide price.

The image, which was shot by Michael Comte in 1993, made headlines around the world when Christie's announcement that it was up for sale coincided with Bruni's first official state visit as the wife of French president Nicolas Sarkozy.

After frenzied bidding the portrait was yesterday won by a Chinese art collector - much to the disappointment of Heiko Roloff from German magazine Bild, who told ITN that he had a special reason for wanting to buy it.

"I was disappointed I was outbid, because I would have bought the photo as a gift for the French president," he said. "That would have been a very nice gesture and also a nice story."

A naked photograph of Gisele Bundchen raised the highest sum of the day, selling for approximately £98,000.

Despite Bruni reportedly being "furious" about the release of her portrait at such a sensitive time, she went on to win over the international community with her poise and style during the visit. Click here to see the looks that wowed the world during her two-day stay in London. (April 11 2008, AM)

Leisa Barnett

Source

Now how about this?

France: Violence against women: a matter for the State

The aim of this report is to document the response to violence against women made by the French authorities . Its findings and recommendations are based on research and data obtained from actors involved in this field. The report sheds light on various manifestations of violence, namely domestic violence; obstacles encountered by foreign women; forced marriage; and trafficking of women for the purpose of prostitution. In this document, Amnesty International makes various recommendations to the French authorities, based on the normative framework of human rights as well as on the experience of actors on the ground.

From amnesty.org Indhaaga ku arag

Now LG. what is your take on this? i recommend you to try it for a change only for one day ;)

MZanzi   

Why is Sarkozy pointing out only the Islamic veil, what about the veil that christian nuns wear?He is a hypocrite. why hasn't he asked them too to strip off their veil, to "free" them?It is every human beings right to practice their religion freely.Sarkozy is being a dictator and a tyrant.