Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

Which Town are u from?

Ibtisam   

^^^I guessed as much, when did you start making words up in your spare time. :D

How are you?? did they send your passport back?

Blessed   

^ I didn't make it up..LOL.

And no they still have my PP, if I don't get it by Thursday, I'm going down to teach them the spelling of the Queens name, bloody dhoores!

Malika   

^Mashaallah!

Things,life is Good,by the graces of Allah no complains but to give shukrans.. smile.gif

winnie   

sometimes people have extreme reactions due to your answer. i mean, yre either put into a friend or enemy category because of something you have no control over... its silly. i prefer not answering.

Nephissa   

I don't have a problem with disclosing where I am from.. it's right there on my forehead ie; Muqdishu ..it's an integral part of who I am, and am proud to be a Muqdishaawi smile.gif . I have no issues with the 'qolomaa tahay' question either. If the person is asking to trying to get to know me, then great. If my answer is being "judged" in terms of is-colaadin, baq-baq iyo faataa-dhug...not good. It's just something that rubs me the wrong way.

Nephissa   

Originally posted by shaken and deterred:

my bro seems to think by evading such a question you are showing weakness or inadvertantly showing shame.

True. :D I would actually be suspicious of someone who refused to discuss that part of their life.. I would wonder what they were trying to hide!

winnie   

^^^ but why ask in the first place? i mean, i meet you at a coffee shop and its "nice to meet you, your name and qabiil??"

i think someone who sees it as that important is bound to make the situation tense if given the wrong answer.

Nephissa   

^ The question is a minefield, the intent can be harmless, a way of testing the waters, incase a political discussion comes up and you have opposing views, so then you can proceed with caution knowing where they belong/stand on the political spectrum. If someone asks me I just assume they want to know for the same reason but I never ask someone's tribe af-cad cause honestly I think that's dhoore-nimo [waves @ Blessed smile.gif ], you can however sneak it into the conversation. Just got to be subtle about it. For example you can ask, "is your favorite warlord L, C, M or A?" or you could make it even less obvious and ask, "is your favorite animal a donkey, or a camel?" :D

Hunguri   

Qabiilkeey == Reer Libaax liqe

Town == Qansax Dheere

Hobby ??????? ( Madaxwayne halay yidhaahdo)