Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

Which Town are u from?

Originally posted by *BOB:

There was this guy from my old xaafad who wanted to marry qoftoo in Nairobi back in the day and she told him inuu Aabeheed ka doono...my old buddy went to see her old man and after a while and few cups of tea later...the old man dropped the bomb on him..."Adeer horta adigu qolomaa tahay?" my buddy being the ciyaal xaafad that he was replied "Hehe-hehe Adeer Aniga Beezaani aan ahay hehe hehe" "Adeer Beezaani yuu ku abtirsadaa?" the old man asked naming the three major Somali tribes..."Sadexdaasba shaqo kuma laha Beezaani" claimed my old friend...the old man sensing something was amiss here asked the young man to bring his elders day so and so at such and such time.

now being a true Beezaani my friend didn't bother looking for old men whom he wasn't familiar with but he gathered few guys that he was comfortable with and brought them to the future wife's home...to cut long story short the old man lost it when he found out that these guys were not from the same tribe as the guy who was asking his daughter's hand in marriage and worse the guys he brought themselves all belonged to different tribes and the old man thought the guy belonged to the qabiilada ey Soomaalidu yasto and he said it so and that's when my friend hit the roof and told the old man "Gabartaada Wajiga Saaro" after few scuffles and booto iyo I will do this and that to you...the old man was finally told which tribe my old buddy belonged to and guess what? They both belonged to the same tribe...in fact they even belonged to the same laf iyo jilib and the old man happened to have known my buddy's grandfather while still alive...now who's the monkey with the tail between his legs?
smile.gif

Sorry, but I think in this case your friend was the monkey. He was very disrespectful and immature in how he conducted himself and I don't see how any father, regardless of his tribe, will let somebody who behaves like that marry their daughter.

There is tribe and then there is tribalism. For better or for worse, your tribe is your identity. I don't think a Somali man can expect to present himself to a future father-in-law and ask for his daughter's hand without clearly identifying himself.

Malika   

^Gabadhaa lasoo donee baa igu daraan,she should have told her father who this man is prior to the guy meeting her father..Its part of our culture and tradition,its not about staying true to somalinimo or whatever Beezaani means.,It was disrespectful! [sorry BOB]

LOL@him cursing and shouting at the old man,walle niinkaasi oo kalee mabaan gursaniin even if he turns out to be the old man's cousin...

-Lily-   

^^I agree Val , I can't imagine any father who wouldn't be outraged by such behaviour. There is a time and place for everything and such an important meeting is not the time to be 'funny'.

Who would marry a man who swore at your dad? Even jaceel has limits.

My daddy is from Gedo, my hooyo is from xamar and I was born in Gedo and was raised in Montreal. I Don't have any problem telling people which town I am from.