Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Oz   

nah, scroll the page down and you'll see it written in blue colour, where the cricket and golf section is.

nvm.. icon_razz.gif

Ibtisam   

^^^Thanks Oz iyo North. Your the best.

Serenity; Try Finsbury Park and Ilford. They have some really nice dresses. Also if you are not on a budget try the dress shops behind bond Street station and down the park of Regent Street towards Piccadilly. I think there are few there with a really nice selection although the price is likely to be high.

Everyone mentions Finsbury Park. I've been there yonks ago, and all they had where colourful and buffy dresses.. the sort of dresses a bride would choose for her bridesmaids (with the intention of keeping the focus on her :D ).. has it improved since?

Ibtisam   

Loool. Well, you have to look behind the tacky shops near the main road and walk all the way down. There are few really good shops. There so many there that you are likely to find something decent and for an okay price. I was there a year ago and although there were colourful and buffy dresses.

I think your best bet is Ilford, you can even get it tailored to your fit within an hr. If you had more time you could've got them to design one just for you.

OZ It is not working. Nevermind.

Abtigiis   

^ CL [edit] why not? Ma waa lagu indha beeli yaa lagugu yidhi? I mean about the pitcure?

Ngonge- Macawis Abu-quruurad ah xagee laga helaa?

Faheema.   

lol I was going to say, Finsbury Park is a bit tacky, Don't know about Ilford.

Serenity, You won't find anything decent in those main stores, your best bet is small boutiques in and around Bond & Oxford street.

Ibtisam   

^^^Them boutiques have the most beautiful dresses ever, but who the hell can afford to shop there... well it is the sale season, maybe they'll be ok prices now. £350-£500 for a dress that you wear for 2hrs. What a waste. I saw one for £1000 the other day, I thought about it for about 30secs.

-Lily-   

Originally posted by -Serenity-:

I've tried Coast/Karen Millen/Principles/Hobbs/Mansoon/Oasis/Warehouse... the House of Frazier/Selfridges in Oxford street and no luck!

Bismillahi, are you sure the dress you want exists?

You would think House of Frazer or Coast would have something. Also, if that fails, there are a few boutiques at the back of Oxford Street, on Portobello Road near the university.

Finsbury Park is too formal, you want to look chic-not-tried too hard dress you can wear again. Good luck.

EDIT: you looking for a long or short dress S?

p.s. Faheema, go to your local salon and get a facial and a massage and make delicious plans for the evening. That is a worthy way to spend a Friday off.

Faheema.   

^ Ibty, I've seen dresses in Finsbury Park that were selling for £190+ ...now why not add few pounds more and get a fab dress that you know you won't suddendly find another xaliimo wearing it on the night :D

Lily, that sounds ideal...I was going to gym, but now I'll add that to the list. I haven't done a facial for some time and I can sure do with a massage smile.gif Thanks.

I already mentioned that I want to try quaint boutiques, so can we start dropping names please?

Lily, I'm lookin for knee-length dress. There is one I fell in love with from Karen Millen, but apparantly its not Somali enuf for a Somali-aroos. So I'm gonna try another couple I've in mind this afternoon... I hope they work, otherwise I'll rocking my dirac (although I have been told canadians frown on young ladies in diracs at their weddings :D )