Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Whats wrong with you people? Maxay horta yidhaahdaan about assumptions? icon_razz.gif

I got my license at 18. In a different country. Lost it (as in wuu iga lumay, laygama qaadin and I could only use it for a year as an international one anyway). Then had to do it again over here - It took about 8 months - cancellations, a couple of unsuccessful attempts(obviously the examiners were *******!), and even once forgetting my documents.

I've found getting my license the most daunting and disheartening experience ever and more difficult than getting my degree - at least they never told me I failed while studying.

So dont worry on the road Londoners, I'm going to be extra careful. I dont think I ever again want to take a driving test. And I sympathize with all those that have to go through the experience with the truly crappy dvla and untouch-with-reality-examiners! :mad:

N.O.R.F   

Dear all,

Please pass on the following information to anyone who may be effected.

A sandstorm may engulf Dubai on Thursday evening, bringing with it near gale-force winds and making driving conditions difficult for motorists, the met office warned on Wednesday.

Dubai Meteorological Office said wind speeds of up to 30 knots were expected to hit the UAE's west coast over the weekend, caused by a high-pressure system building over Saudi Arabia, and strong northwesterly winds blowing in from Kuwait, Qatar and Bahrain.

A senior forecaster at the met office urged drivers to be careful on the roads, especially those in open inland areas particularly at risk from sandstorms.

High winds could also prevent aircraft from landing at Dubai International Airport due to poor visibility, the forecaster said.

He said construction workers were also at risk, and warned boats on the west coast not to go out over the weekend.

“Waves could reach up to 18 feet off the UAE coast; we may issue a marine warning [on Friday] to advise boats to stay off the water,” the forecaster told ArabianBusiness.com.

According to the met office, the temperature during the day in Dubai is not expected to pass 20 degrees Celsius on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and the night temperature is forecast to drop to 16 degrees Celsius.

The high winds are a result of the Shamal wind, a wave of high pressure that funnels through the Gulf between Saudi Arabia and Iran.

The winds can last three to 40 days and are thought to be the most hazardous weather condition in the region.

The sandstorm warning comes just as the UAE is recovering from three days of heavy rains earlier this month, causing widespread flooding that resulted in traffic chaos across much of the Emirates

:( :confused: :eek:

Som@li   

What is all these happening these days, last month, I was hearing there was abnormal weather in the Gulf, something to do with global warming? :confused:

Yeah,I miss alot of things, including the food,lol, there are alot of Lebanese restuarents, but it doesn't taste the same, smile.gif

N.O.R.F   

^^it rained non stop for 3 days saxib. Imagine shaarac imaaraad when its raining :(

At least you can walk the streets and use public transport now :cool: come June we will go indoors again for 3 months :(

Ms DD   

Any pictures of that sandstorm? Is it safe for me to visit, i wonder? It is worrying that it could go on for 30days.

N.O.R.F   

LoL

It was a high 26 degrees C today. I would be surprised if it is not the same for the next few days. They tend tp predict things alot here but missed out the 3 days of heavy rain two weeks ago :rolleyes:

Ms DD   

I can see no such thing. If they spent a little bit of money on drainage system, then maybe

the place sounds like a great big sewer, with poor drainage everywhere when it rains

Would any of residence of Dubai recomend for me to come with all these awful forecasts?

NGONGE   

^^ A drainage system is a waste of money. It only rains that badly once in a blue moon. They have the same problem the UK has with flooding. There is a flood once every year so the government does not see the need to waste millions of pounds in fixing that problem when they already know it will only take place once a year.

ps

Go and don't worry much. Well, not much unless you were planning to go sand skating or something. It's not as if you're going to spend a great deal of time walking outdoors! icon_razz.gif

N.O.R.F   

Mrs D&D the shopping festival kicked off this week if that helps.

Ngonge, the place has changed mate. I hope youre ready for a tour of 'New Dubai'.