Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Has any of you ever taken part in a Nativity Play in your school days? I can't say I have. Arab schools only do 'the lifes and times of Abu Lahab'.

Stayed out of it. All I remember are the 3 wise men who brought presents :confused:

They are putting up a 'community tree' in the school next week. People are supposed to help decorate it and leave shoe boxes filled with presents for labourers (basic cosmetics etc).

Juxa, within Middle East (from Dubai). Not sure about how long but should be enough for a short break. Buy for your family members here smile.gif

NGONGE   

The camel is the most important thing in the story, Lily. He went to school today and, as he was lining up with all the children to go to their class, he called out to his teacher and said 'my grandfather owns fifty camels. I have a picture of me on a camel. The camel is the best thing in the play. Better than the wise men'. His teacher was impressed with the part about riding a camel. :D

(five year olds know nothing about Islam and there is no point in turning them into bigots before their time).

Juxa   

you have little geeljire on your hands Ngonge.

Norf, my family moved away from dubai, waxay noqdeen real surwaal-gaabs

NGONGE   

^^ Ada ku so celiyay dee. Ma mar sadixaad ban ku celiya? :D

(I stand by that statement. A five year old that pretends to understand the difference between gaalo and muslim is nothing but a tiny bigot, saaxib).

Johnny B   

^Many Somali parents commit the " It wasen't so at my time " fallacy against thier Heirs, NGONGE seems to have avoided it with a little help from his smart kid , as he mentioned the magic thing of somalis, " THE CAMEL" . :D

He is not YOU .. get that IN :D

Ngonge - your statement is akin to saying Islam is synonymous with bigotry. - i hope that is not you are implying.

Also you seem to underestimate intellectual ability of children. five year old do understand the basic concepts about differences.

Jacpher   

^He didn't imply it. He said it with straight face. Teaching five year old about Islam is exposing to bigotry.

(I stand by that statement. A five year old that pretends to understand the difference between gaalo and muslim is nothing but a tiny bigot, saaxib).

That was not your earlier statement. Show some balls yaa cajuuz. You didn't have to offer any explanation. "(five year olds know nothing about Islam and there is no point in turning them into bigots before their time)"

Ceeb weeye oday tartaraaya. Ha is barin.

NGONGE   

^^ Cajuuz is what a woman is called. Orod afkaaga baro, adeer (I don't recognise your name).

Never Sayid. They understand small differences but never have the full picture (just like a bigot). My five year old already knows this is a 'gaalo' custom. But he's taking part in it (now) because of the camels. Anymore details than that and I'll just confuse him about Jesus, Mary and the two faiths.