Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Somali father (looks to be in his 60s) in my building dutifully takes his young son who had a cardiac arrest to treatment everymorning at 8 o'clock sharp. God bless his heart!!

I usually nod hello, hope to talk to them next time.

Ms DD   

Who actually enjoys their work?

Damn..waaba la igu riyoodeyba..Hasnt happened ina while smile.gif

Ngonge

The story i wrote above, didnt it excite you one bit? all i know is, as a woman of the earth, it didnt make me happy. But at least, men will have 4 wives on earth and the one above in aakhira.

-Lily-   

He's M’A old man, bless his little heart.

Everyone is planning their Jan escape to some hot place from cold London, me too!

Originally posted by Norf 1:

Does anyone here get paid overtime?

Yeah, no1 should be forced to work lots of extra hours without compensation. Rates for overtime are pretty shyte most of the time, its no match for quality time with whatever else one distracts themselves with.

I've just totalled my overtime to 20hrs last week smile.gif .

I'm thinking of the shiny new car the money is gonna go into... its what keeps me going icon_razz.gif

NGONGE....It actually had the opposite effect on me. There was look of sadness (I'm one of those people who no poker face) on my face the first couple days, but as time rolled, I saw how hard these two men are fighting for life and the look of hope on their faces, the resilence and determination-the odds are stacked against them but they feel no pity or anger and managed to say hello with smile.

NGONGE   

^^ :D:D

Originally posted by Ms DD:

quote:

Khalid bin Safwan saw a group in the mosque of Basrah, and he said, “What is this gathering?” He was told, “There is a woman who informs men about women who are available for marriage.” He went to her and said, “I want to marry a woman.” She said, “Describe her to me.” He said, “I want her to be a virgin who is wise like a married woman, or a married woman who is innocent like a virgin; she should be sweet when she is near, splendid when she is at a distance, she should have lived a life of luxury and then became afflicted with poverty — so she has the manners of the rich and the humility of the poor. When we gather wealth we should be as the people of the world, and when we become poor, we should be as the people of the Hereafter.”

She said, “I know of such a woman for you.” He said, “And where is she?” She said, “In Paradise, so work to achieve her!”

Can anyone make sense of this for me?
When I read it I actually thought of Somali women.

Virgin that is as wise as a married woman? Have you not seen how young Somali girls talk about married life as if they lived it and experienced it all their lives?

Married woman who is as innocent as a virgin? How many poor Somali men were told off with the immortal line: "Arr laydhka naga dami" :D

Sweet when she is near? Remember, we are talking about a wife here. Huuno, Xabiibi, etc, etc...

Splendid when she is at a distance? Darn that shiny dirac and the colourful googarad that is sweeping the floor.

Lived a life of luxury and then became afflicted with poverty? I have learned from SOL that you all had jaariyado but then waa la wada qaxaay. :D

Haye, Ms DD, think such ladies are only found in aakhiro? ;)

ps

No it did not excite me. If I ever make it there I want a freak. :D