Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Juxa   

norf and ibti thanks yaaqey.

Eid is a state of mind, alot has changed so i am not sure if it would even feel like eid

N.O.R.F   

Juxa, I know. It must be difficult but you have to try and enjoy the day. Get together with the heblaayos to cheer you up.

Ibtisam   

North when does it have to be done? Today or tomorrow? I mean when do the animal have to be slaughtered? I'm ring my father and ask him to do one for me.

North: You just confused me, it is sunnah one Eidul fitrah- so why do u do it on both?

I miss my edo, did not realise Eid is so much work, she normally sorts all this out. I just wake up on Eid and follow her around. redface.gif

-Lily-   

I think everyone should make an effort for Eid, simple. It’s a celebration & a mercy from Allah.

Ibti, the Eid following Ramadan it’s sunnah to have breakfast before the prayer and tmwr’s Eid you don’t eat until after the prayer.

N.O.R.F   

Looks like you're right about not eating until after prayer (there goes my 5am fry-up) smile.gif

Rulings of `Eid

1. Fasting: It is haram to fast on the days of `Eid because of the hadith of Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him) in which he said that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) forbade fasting on the day of Fitr and the day of Adha. (Reported by Muslim)

2. Offering `Eid Prayers: Some of the scholars say that `Eid Prayers are Wajib (obligatory) – this is the view of the Hanafi scholars and of Sheikh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah. Some scholars say that `Eid Prayer is Fard Kifayah (a communal duty, binding on the Muslims as a group, and it is fulfilled if a sufficient number of people perform it, thereby absolving the rest of sin). This is the view of the Hanbalis. A third group say that `Eid Prayer is Sunnah Mu'akkadah. This is the view of the Malikis and Shafi`is.

3. Offering Supererogatory Prayers: There are no Supererogatory Prayers to be offered either before or after the `Eid Prayer, as Ibn `Abbas reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) used to come out on the day of `Eid and pray two Rak`ahs, with nothing before or after them. This is the case if the Prayer is offered in an open area. If, however, the people pray the `Eid Prayer in a mosque, then they should pray two Rak`ahs for Tahiyat Al-Masjid.

4. Women attending the `Eid Prayers: According to the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) everyone is urged to attend `Eid Prayer, and to co-operate with one another in righteousness and piety. The menstruating woman should not forsake the remembrance of Allah or places of goodness such as gatherings for the purpose of seeking knowledge and remembering Allah – apart from mosques. Women, undoubtedly, should not go out without the Hijab.

Etiquette of `Eid

1. Ghusl (taking a bath): One of the good manners of `Eid is to take bath before going out to the Prayer. It was reported that Sa`id ibn Jubayr said: “Three things are Sunnah on `Eid: to walk (to the prayer-place), to take a bath, and to eat before coming out (if it's `Eidul-Fitr).”

2. Eating before coming out: One should not come out to the prayer-place on `Eidul-Fitr before eating some dates, because of the hadith narrated by Al-Bukhari from Anas ibn Malik who said: “The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) would not go out in the morning of `Eidul-Fitr until he had eaten some dates… and he would eat an odd number.” On `Eidul-Adha, on the other hand, it is Mustahab (recommended) not to eat until after the Prayer, when one should eat from the meat of one’s sacrifice.

3. Takbir on the day of `Eid: This is one of the greatest Sunnahs of this day. Al-Daraqutni and others reported that when Ibn `Umar came out on `Eidul-Fitr and `Eidul-Adha, he would strive hard in making Takbir until he reached the prayer-place, then he would continue making Takbir until the Imam came.

4. Congratulating one another: People may exchange congratulations and good greetings on `Eid, no matter what form the words take. For example they may say to one another, “Taqabbal Allahu minnaa wa minkum (may Allah accept from us and from you our good deeds!)". Jubayr ibn Nufayr said: “At the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) when people met one another on the day of `Eid, they would say, ‘Taqabbal Allahu minnaa wa minka.’” (Reported by Ibn Hajar)

5. Wearing one's best clothes for `Eid: Jabir (may Allah be pleased with him) said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) had a Jubbah (cloak) that he would wear on `Eid and on Fridays.” Al-Bayhaqi reported that Ibn `Umar used to wear his best clothes on `Eid, so men should wear the best clothes they have when they go out for `Eid.

6. Changing route on returning from Prayer-place: Jabir ibn `Abdullah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) used to change his routes on the day of `Eid. (Reported by Al-Bukhari)

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE& cid=1119503544984

Ms DD   

Salaam to you guys and Eid mubaarak to you.

I am back in peice alhamdulilaah.

People never take Daallo. Waa talo.

Soo maxaa iga dambeeyey?

Ibtisam   

Thanks Lily- I thought as much since we are break fast for the other Eid.

North, I just digged around and found that all the imams apart from Abu Hanifah (he says it is complusory) say it is sunnat-e-muakkadah and it can be offered on the 10th, 11th and 12th ‘Zulhijjah’

Ibtisam   

Ms DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Helllllllllllllllllllllo SalamAlikum and Wlc back Xabibity. Mac iyo Mac.

I'm glad u are back safely and before 1year!!!

Are you in London??

Ms DD   

Lily

I am back in my adopted cold country.

Ibtiyeey

One year wasnt macquul as you gathered. But I am glad to be back. I got sick for a while which why i booked the flight back early.. But i really enjoyed my trip otherwise. Plenty of pics i have taken.. even of fardo.. smile.gif

Norf

Waa belaayo Daallo. I remember u warning about them but thy were the only flight available for the time i wanted to go.

Ladies, we will catch up when I return to London sometime next year.

Poor Juxa, I hope she got ever her flu. Duca hawadaan ka soo diraayey.

Baluug   

Welcome back Ms DD where have you been? Did you go to Somalia? And where are you now? You said your adopted cold country so I'm imagining Canada but it's actually been kinda nice around here the last few days, hovering around 10-15 degrees(yes that's warm :D )

And Eid mubarak Juxa :D