Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

^Turkey if done well is really tasty, of course one must go the whole nine yards and add stuffings and other goodies to make it even tasty.

Bari waaye is Turkey day-still at work.Hoping to leave early.

Ibtisam   

Do you guys get Hala Turkey??

Muslims in America also have Turkey and do Thanks Giving? Waad daqaadine :D

AAliya you and Faheema name change baa idin warerinyeh!

I came 8am because old women ripped out her neck catheter and wants to fight everyone. I think she wants to die or something. :(

SalamAlikum & Morning.

Today is the blessed day of Arafa- the day of forgiveness. Aishah (ra) reported: The Messenger of Allah (saw) said, "There is no day on which Allah sets free more slaves from Hell than He does on the Day of `Arafah.'' smile.gif

Ibtisam   

^^Allah ba uu qorey, its not time for her yet I guess.

How are you feeling??

I have some good news and I feel cheerful this morning. Alhumudlilah.

Juxa   

well what are you waiting for hee? email me the good news.

i feel much better, worried for a term paper that is due on wednesday which i have not started yet.

Ibtisam   

^^Loool. I just feel good- nothing specific. just lots of small things. Alhumdulilah. :D

You have lots of time- the whole weekend and then some. so don't worry- be happy. :D

Ibtisam   

^^^I'm going to the mosque inshallah for 8am, see my Muslim people at the mosque, kiss lots of random strangers who are very happy to see me on the way out. Call my family members and say Eiiiiid Muuuubarak.

Then I am taking the carpets and curtains to the big laundry. Inshallah for the afternoon evening I am going to get take away and watch TV, do a bit of research and chill at home.

What you gonna do; go to work icon_razz.gif

Juxa   

you make it sound like a crime, but yes. insha allah i want to catch the early prayer then off to work, see the kids in the afternoon.

Ibtisam   

^^^It is a crime, you should dress up pretty in pink and have Ciid like everyone else. smile.gif But you cannot always have what you want eh.

I'm taking a Eid off the kids (if they are 10 & 16 they are not kids any more right)

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Juxa:

you make it sound like a crime

But it is dear. One shouldn't be working on Eid day.

Afternoon all.

Don't forget to pay your udxiya/qurbani today.

Ibtisam   

Norfsky: The qurbani is uulxu in somali right?? Edo is away and I'm not sure if I'm suppose to send to relative and they eat it or are they suppose to give the meat away? Also if I miss it, is it dambi or is it a sunaah?

Also this Eid: Is it the one where you have 3dates before you go to Eid prayers or is it the one you should not eat till you pray. I can't remember. redface.gif

N.O.R.F   

LoL

An odd number of dates with water is what I do based on what I know for both Eids (I know it's Sunnah for Eid al Fitr). Never heard of not eating until after prayer.

Udxiya/Qurbani is mandetory if you're not slaughtering an animal yourself. This needs to be to done before it too late. Today is probably the last day. An easy way is through Islamic Relief on their website.