Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Juxa   

hello buuxo, cadaan was somali in past life.

cadaan i cont sack you, you are my fav cadaan.

i never worked with a somali male, but the ladies work hard

Buuxo   

Hey juxa, I would say so :D

striking (insert iljabis) close to year cadaan? .fight for your rights to party icon_razz.gif

Baluug   

I work hard when I have to :D The whole situation isn't over, but the labour board suspended the lockout for 30 days and forced the company back to the bargaining table and to accept a "Rand formula" which means every employee must pay union dues but they don't have to be a union member if they don't want to. The union is required by law to represent all employees whether they are union member or not, so it's only fair that they pay the dues. But if there is nothing worked out by Dec 12th, I might be back out there on the line, I don't think that'll happen though, at least i hope not, I already spent 7 1/2 months out there, that's enough icon_razz.gif

Buuxo   

Indho,what does it mean back on the line? 7months of protest sounds like hard work.Hope it has good outcome.

Morning my sister and brothers. An old somali man was beaten by a young Somali and 4 white guys. Thats not the shocking part. I read it online this morning and the comments were like so ignorant they made me laugh instead of upsetting me. One guy was like " The Somali people came here for the welfare system and they started pulling down their pants and defacating in the hall ways. They need to go back home."

Baluug   

You don`t have to be a member if you don;t want to, but you still have to pay the dues because the union is required by law to represent you whether you`re a member or not(if it`s a unionized workplace) Before, the non-members didnt have to pay dues but the union still had to represent them and file grievances on their behalf etc. and most of the paying members didn`t like that, obviously it was unfair that they got the same services for free. I didn`t really care but I was a minority in that group. This is in Alberta btw, the laws vary from province to province.

Baluug   

Yep, and those union dues are tax-deductible so I usually get it all back when I file my tax return. April is usually a good month for me. :D

Baluug   

Well once this is over I`ll get a nice pay raise insha Allah and lots of back pay too, so I`m a union supporter at the moment icon_razz.gif

Baluug   

I think Minnesota is a union-friendly state, at least that`s where the headquarters are for my union(UFCW) and actually also the headquarters for my company, based in Roseville MN. I asked my boss one time what were the chances of me being able to transfer to their factory in Minneapolis and he didn;t give me an asnwer, so Im guessing slim to none :D