Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Buuxo   

Aaah.Good to Sheh & Shak.

Shakina,Ibti?? What's with the afro-american sounding name?

Lily,salan sare.

LOZ,Good for it.Change is good.

I mean not the kinda of change like "i am in IT and I wanna do business or this and that"... i mean a career change where you need to start from scratch... like something you have no idea at all - say becoming a scientist which will take a life time of its own?

does that make a sense?

I say go for it. This life is temporary anyway. When I get bogged down(like I have lately) with what shall I dos and will it works, I remember that it's all meaningless anyway and say screw it and do it.

Ibtisam   

. ^^^LOOL

LOZ: Now, THAT depends on how old you are and how rich you are and who depends on you/ responsibilities.

You can only do it, if it is a hobby/ passion, rather than having a career afterwards, you are rich enough and can sustain your lifestyle, and if you have no responsibilities, like kids/ family/ parents etc. So if it all goes wrong, only you suffer.

Lool @ Buuxo, My African side needed some oxygen. Pluz that oaf NGonge keeps saying my name, so had to change it.

Buuxo   

LOL@Shak,how about Omalichah. I think that also means beautiful.Can't recall what african language tho.

LOZ ,I want to become a mathematical genius icon_razz.gif Still I would recommend going for it. But would depend on your circumstances and it won't be an easy task.

Age is irrelevant! Good health is what matters. We take it for granted. Ease is overrated; there's no opportunity for growth when it's easy. We're here to be tested! As long as you're behaving within the boundaries of what will get u the hell out out of this phase into a better one what's the big deal, do what takes your fancy!

-Lily-   

Hey Buuxo! smile.gif

Sheh I agree, if you can do it alongside your living why not? even from scracth to PhD is 7years, which will fly by in a 9-5. There are many who have found their calling later in life.

Sheh, I haven't got th brain power to solve anything, anxious about silly new (to me) online web meeting with multiple ppl from different countries.They decided to punish me on my way out :confused:

nothing to lose as u're on the way out. Do a trial run with other work colleagues to get a feel of how it works. Blame the technology if something goes wrong. smile.gif

maalin wanaagsan trollers.

i was thinking of a career change myself.

but i cant stomach going back to school again .. more like side hobby .. similar to buuxo.

Lily Phd is 4~6 years all by itself ... is it not like that on your side ?

-Lily-   

^^LOL, you are right, what will be will be.

Geel, most BA/Bsc undergrad degrees are 3 years, a Masters is 1 year full time, and PhD is 3 years full time. I am guessing Oz education is similar to UK.

Ibtisam   

Hey Geel Jire.

Adgia your time has passed dearest. Iska eelow, you need to head in the other direction. icon_razz.gif

^ I think i'll relocate to uk if i do go ahead with a phd.

Bsc 4 years , mastes 2 years and phd avg 5 years.

that is a lifetime of books

Shakina im not such an old man .. suuqa ha iga bixin icon_razz.gif

im thinking of going back for a degree in mathematics .. i used to hate but i enjoy it now