Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Fabregas   

ya Sheikh Nuune, lol@ broken Arabic, not every1 speaks classical Arabic like you, masakinta iska da. Where I pray everybody says ameen not that loud, but when the imam starts making dua in Urdu, all of a sudden louad and emotional, ameens!

NGONGE   

Why is such pointless detail troubling you, poolwizard? You think your prayer will not be accepted or something?

ps

Ignore Ibti. :D

N.O.R.F   

I remember when I first prayed in a Pakistani run mosque. AAAAAMMMMMIIIIIIIN I said after the Faatixa only to hear nothing from eveyone else redface.gif

Nogonge, is not that i feel my prayer is not being excepted...but this done to make dua for the community as whole especially the sick that we dont know about in the community and any body else that needs special dua...

Ibtisam   

Ngonge: Adigu are you my spokes person, why baad igu haadasha all the time?? I think the father role got to your head a little. icon_razz.gif

Poolwizard, there is no rule for this practise after every salah. The prophet only made dua out loud after Salah on certain occasions. Otherwise on regular 5times a day prayers, each person is recommended to do their own du'a individually. The habit of group dua out loud after each Salah, kissing your hands and touching your nose is new, originating with the Suufis. By making it a compulsory must do after each Salah is innovation, despite the fact it is a good thing/action and harmless. smile.gif

EDIT:

MAlika; I was pulling his leg. I've explained the reasons behind why some don't do this in their mosques above. And yes the Suufi practises spread further and faster than most other strands. Even converts tent to go into Suufism.

Disclaimer: I am not anti-Suufi by the way, I often read Suufi material when I don’t feel spiritually well or my Iman is slipping. They are very good for the spiritually side of Islam. People tent to make them out as happy clappers always having a Mawliid.

Malika   

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

^^^I think he means when they finish and the Imam (normally in Asian mosques) turns around and does the dua out loud, rather than each doing their own tasbiix and dua. Normally lazy people like this, or those who don't know Arabic or those who think the Imam holy and god may accept it, with so many saying Ameen. He goes to a mashallah mosque which is trying to safe guard his practise so he is just thanking them
smile.gif

^Astagfirullah for the assumptions my dear sister,a collective group dua isnt just done by the Asians only,this is the norm in many parts of the Islamic world, unless you know a hadith or ayah that disregard this practice.If we are congragating to perform salaah together why cant we also do dhikr together?

I dont know,I personally dont see anything wrong with group dua making especially when the dua is a general dua for the ummah and its well being.

nuune   

Ngonge, we Somalis love to argue of something out of nothing :D

I remember back, I used to like debates between sheikhyada of different leagues, todobaadyo ayaa waxaa lagu murmayaa Innallaah Istawa Calal Carshi, iyo Mawjuudun Kulla Makaanin, waxa ahaadeeth la iska daba tuurayo iyo aayado Quraan out of order, anyway, I was neutral aniga, both sides of Salafis, Ehlul Sunna, and Suufida waa ku dhax jirey.

Borofosoor, war heedhe aniguba Arabigeygu waa broken, I have never lived in Arab country.

nuune   

Originally posted by Norf 1:

I remember when I first prayed in a Pakistani run mosque. AAAAAMMMMMIIIIIIIN I said after the Faatixa only to hear nothing from eveyone else
redface.gif

It happened to me one time in Leicester, codkeyga dhan intaa kor u qaadey AAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIN. found out was only me saying out of hundredhs of people praying there, and everyone heard me yellin, at least my screaming AAMIIN was divided to all of them, so I said for them instead if they not bothering it

Malika   

So Ibti making a group dua is a sufi practice?

Doing dhikr [remembrance of Allah],has nothing to do with being sufi or else its part of the steps to increase ones imaan..As poolwizard asked have you got prove, am intrigued too. :D

Ibtisam   

Looool @ Amiiin.

Malika and Poolwizard, if you were waiting for ayat Qu'ran, you are not going to get one.

Strange thing is, it is because the lack of PROVE/ evidence that the prophet participated in collective dua’s which is the very reasons mosques don't do this anymore. There is no better example than the prophet and he showed us everything there needs to be. He did not do it. That is the evidence. You won't get anymore evidence than that.

Malika, yes it is, I can bet my last penny on that, collective dhikr is Suufism.