Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Buuxo   

salams trolls.

Random Question: Qad(you know the ink for the loox) what was it made of ? Dhuxul?

Paragon   

^^ To un-Troll this Troll, since I'm the old school ciyaal dugsi (lafihii hore), whom the macalin use to mark under his ears with a horizontal Qad line; I think I am in a position to give you an informed 'how-to' on the art of QAD making.

First, there are 2 types of raw colour powder that makes a good ol' QAD. [1], good old dhuxul; [2] good old dhagax guduud - the red stone ancients use to pain mountain rocks with - which is found in places such as dry river or lake basins.

To make a good Qad, you must first take dhuxul (charcoal) and smash it to bits until it becomes a fine black powder. Once that is done, you pour the powder into a daasad (empty tin) or better xeero or dakkal or haruub-gaal - oh who gives a damn! OK, then the second step is to pour some water into the empty tin containing the coal powder. Instead of water; some children used milk during the Barwaaqo season when the villages are prospering with an abandance of milk supply.

NOW....The ADDITIVES...

Thirdly, you can add malmal or xabak and you stir it abit and viola you have Qad. Black Qad is usually use for normal Ayahs of the Qur'an, when red Qad is used for Juzz ayahs - such as one kids reach Juzz camma or Tabaarak and so on.

One last remainding ingredient is Sharshaar (a green leafy plant that commonly grows of each family's deyr or bood). These leaves are squashed and then picked with three fingers using them to make find green horizontal lines across the Loox (or the wooden plank used as a writing surfice). Once that is done, few minutes are given to allow the green leaves to dry up in the sun. After that, the Qur'an copying ritual begins.

Alright; I stop here. There are many other arts envolved but due to time shortage...Im going.

I have annoying dry skin problem --- I would have to apply lotions after every wuddu or it gets really uncomfortable.

I discovered the best ever lotion for dry skin ---(and trust me I've been through A LOT).

It's called Calypso Cocoa Butter (I've tried other cocoa butter creams/lotions and it's not the same)--- I tried to find it online but not available. Only availble in Canada but it's AMAAAAAAAAAAAAZING. Non greasy --- absorps easily but still can feel the moistness...and best of all...don't have to reapply it a lot. Only twice daily --- it doesnt come off that much during wuduu. PERFECTO.

If you have dry skin --- run and get it. You'll thank me smile.gif

Paragon   

^^Its the cagaha that get dry easily especially in winter. But hey I found one myself, simply by accident. It's good too.

^Good even for the feet. I've had cracks in my feet for a long time (worst in winter). Using vaseline or scrubbing with the rock-thingamagig didnt work for me. But after 2 weeks I have noticed it slowly getting smaller and some disappearing.

Woohoo.

What's yours called?

Ibtisam   

Beauty tips from Isseh! :D lol Hahah

Femme Fatale: coco butter frm body shop is normal good, did you try that?

Paragon   

^Lol.

Femme; I have no idea what's called. I just know that there's good butter inside that container.

But good for you. Well Im sure your feet dryness was a minor problem. Aniga I got my Safan ones from my geeljire days when I use to adorn my Cinjir shoes (made of car tyres) :D .

They're hard to heal. But I must admit its all gone now. Some folks kept asking me, oo maxaa cagaha saliida u marsataa after every wuduu and comb your hair? I tell them I am joining the reer-magaal camp. That's the problem with Bis qoolleey ..they get ruffled with every drop of water. Coca cola ma dhaqdaa baa i haysa smile.gif .

Paragon   

Ibti, lol. Ofcourse why not?

The thing is, the container doesn't have a name on it. I got it from my local traditional Somali things shop. They told me waa 'Fine Xeer (xaydh)' and yeah judging from how's working, its 'fine xeer'.

STOIC   

Issa, I think the third option of making the Haankaasta (sp?) will be crushing three to four Eveready batteries and add some malmal (sp?) in it-though you need to be careful with the toxic lead the battery contains.

As for the beautiful skin care nothing beats vaseline lotion.Just put some at night time you will never get wrinkles.... :D

I know one girl that has the most beautiful skin in the world-And she is Somali ;)

Paragon   

^^Lol. I didn't write the battery option 'cos its not enironmentally friendly :D .

Yeah, about the girl with the most beautiful skin; she's dark skinned right? Just hoping she is :D .

STOIC   

^^^ She is more of what Somalidha calls Maariin. Damn She has the softest skin I have ever come across ;)