Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Ibtisam   

^^^loool^ did you already forget what the Public transport is like in London (it is still my best friend, but even so...)

I’ve lost my voice. Sore throat galore this morning. I’ve presentation on Friday and lots of very important talking to do. Just wolfed down a concoction of vitamin C and Zinc tablets and two strepsils.

Any other ideas on what else I can do to get rid of this horrible pain in my throat before Friday?

Please help!

Ms DD   

Try warm water with lemon. Also heat a mixture of lemon with spoon of honey and ginger. It does wonders. Rest your voice in the meantime.

Cambarro, ginger is out of the question. I've a very strong gag-reflect to things I dislike when I'm ill. Like this morning, I didnt like the warm salty water that mum handed me and xalay waxaan cunoo dhan baan soo celiyey. It wasnt pleasant at all (sight and action).

There is nothing, nothing worse than sore throat.

Ouucc baad tidhi miyaaa?

Uff. smile.gif

There are far worse things than sore throats. You drank warm, salty water? Stop at gargling with the stuff. Not surprised u threw up.

Honey is very soothing. My mother used to heat up a concoction of that and lemon and spoon it into our mouths before bedtime. I didn't like honey back then but I knew the relief it would bring.

Just had tea with ginger. I am on the brink of a scary flu- if those who passed it on to me are anything to go by. The earth is moving suspiciously, my head throbs and I'm hot, hot, hot.

Relax. At the presentation you'll either sound sick or husky. Work it. smile.gif

Ms DD   

I almost ALWAYS pay with cash, particularly at petrol stations, it really annoys me when there are, say, 3 cars having just been filled, and yet it can take fully 10 minutes to serve the three customes as they, first, rummage for their card (did they not know that this was about to happen?), second, insert their card, then wait for an age before it allows the number to be typed in, etc. etc.

And then it gets to my turn and I just pass them a £20 note (or whatever it is) and I'm gone within 10 seconds.

(The petrol station is also a handy place to empty your pocket of small change – if you have, say, £1:37 in small change, simply put £21:37-worth in the tank and hey presto!)

N.O.R.F   

^^Why not just skip the queue and give the money and number (thats if your not expecting change). No one will take it as being rude.

I often owe a number of people money simply because i dont carry cash! Its not that i'm afriad of being robbed.

Pujah   

Doctor weather said it will reach mid 70F around noon. :D

Ps Sunrise was unusually early today, around 6:15 the whole sky was beautiful shades of orange and red.

^^^ Just in case you didn't know they are not doctors (i mean those folks who look for forming clauds)- i think they are called rhinotillexomaniacs :D -

Well I thought i may enlighten you..what can I say- I am in generous mood.

Cheers

-Lily-   

Nope, it's still pretty out there. Suffice to say there will probably be more rain and a slight return to cold wheather before serious sunshine and heat but we can enjoy for now...

Blo*dy weather. Been sitting with back to radiator for 2 hours. Haven't done a damn thing I planned to tonight. Somebody slap my wrist. And warm my feet. Blooming weather.

Xaaaaaax...at's be'r. smile.gif

^Tell me about it. The radiator is on maximum and I've two hot water bottles, one on my lap and another below my feet but half of me is still cold.

Hailstorm, rain, cold, sunshine. I dont think you get all four seasons in one day in any other part of the world.