Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Originally posted by Cambarro:

This budget is a disgrace. Brown will make the poorest people in society even poorer, whilst aiming bribes at the middle classes that will be essential in the next election. It's typical of New Labour politics. More interested in winning key seats than tackling poverty.

While I am no expert in the UK tax system but as an economist - i can see what the government is trying to do. it is all about the allocation of scarce resources - in addition to the influence of what is called Political Economics i.e. the role of the vote grabbing, lobbists and unions [which is a whole diff ball game]

In the strangest way, I could not help but to be astonished by your claim that the government is interested in grabbing Votes than in tackling poverty...can i challenge you and ask you "How would the goverment exactly tackle poverty?" and "how did you came to that conclusion"

Well nothing that the government does can make the poor richer, but slight changes to the tax system can make the middle class better off!

Cheers

PS..I know this is a troll thread but couldn't help...

^ And you call me a Tory? Heh.

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

Well nothing that the government does can make the poor richer, but slight changes to the tax system can make the middle class better off!

That is a provocative statement. Could you elaborate a little more?

Isn't it possible that slight changes to the tax system could make the poor a little better off too (as opposed to becoming rich)?

This govt's policies have actively increased the gap between the rich and poor since coming into power. In fact the working classes are more likely to benefit from the Tories than New Labour these days.

N.O.R.F   

glad i left the place. i would be paying 200 per year road tax!

still havnt registered as living overseas :confused:

Urban   

help a brother out.. :(

suffering from insomnia..

ins001b.jpg

I can't remember the last time I fell asleep before 4/5am, seriously, it must have been 3 or 4 months ago. And a few days ago I went to bed at 1am but after a few hours of rolling and turning the pillow upside down, I noticed it was light outside, it was around 6am..

I'm constantly tired, I can't concentrate during the lectures, and somehow that's the only time I fall asleep. I might aswell record my lectures and listen to them at night if that helps.

I've tried everything, (almost everything)..

Reading a book does help.. but when I start feeling sleepy, I'll put the book down but 10mins it's back to staring at the ceiling again. I've tried herbal tea but apart from tasting xaraar, it's useless. Warm milk doesn't have an affect either..

I do go to the gym when I can, and when I'm busy, I excercise in my room.. still that doesn't help. And please don't say take a warm bath, our bath is vile. That's what you get when you have a Chinese housemate.

What else is left that I haven't done..? share please. This shouldn't be happening to a 19 year old.

Zafir   

Judging from the picture, you’re one hairy 19 year old. Anyhow, there is only one more remedy left, if you haven’t already tried. The song ‘beat it’ comes to mind, if that didn’t work for you friend, then rest assured you’re direly in hopeless state. I remember I was 9teen once and sleeping in being my problem. :D:D

Cara.   

Nighttime cough remedies containing diphenhydramine. Knocks me out everytime.

Maybe you shouldn't be working out in your bedroom, you don't want to associate anything but sleep with it. Also, just telling yourself you have insomnia will make it more difficult to fall sleep. Your body will find a way to get some rest when it needs to. If you can't sleep, then it means you're not tired and you should study!

Pujah   

Advil PM, Tylenol PM and anyhting PM works for me.....knocks me right out. you should try it but becareful it is addictive :D

Rahima   

Urban,

Get a Temazepam order, 20 mg will knock you out hopefully, if not Stilnox will most definitely do. If not, then I’m sorry i can’t help you. You need to get to a sleep clinic.