Sign in to follow this  
underdog

Feminine Vs. Feminist

underdog   

you're twisting it a little to sound bad...but YES, that's exactly what I'm saying.

cause what ever accusation you're making on me going out and bring home the beef, would apply just as equally to the mother who would leave her children to go to work. Right?

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Lessons to be learnt my young faraaxs-

daalin yaraadha,

STOP WASTING YOUR TIME TRYING TO ARGUE WITH THESE LADIES

You can't 'straighten a crooked Rib' or else the Rib will BREAK. smile.gif

UD, walaal u know what the reality is that Allah is showing you and trying to 'talk' about it

ain't gonna do u any good.

Let them BE what they WANT to be,

for as the saying cause

'You Shall Reep what you Sew/Plant'

Pimps never tell their "EMPLOYEES" the whole story about their 'Line' of work saxib,

they tell them otherwise cause if they were to tell them 'every detail' about the 'Job' then they'd get scared and run awayyyyy.

Sophist   

Og_ Dumaashi, then what is there to take care of! since you have domestic woman to take care of your "duty" (duty that arises from cultural morality)

You are clever soo maaha! you need a rich man who will give you all your wants while you just stay home and watch Musalsalaadka soomaaha?

Kheyr, aryaa Qiyaas xumidaa! adiga ma pimpka iyo secret of his trade maxaa ku baray? if i didn't know better I would have said you might have danced with that despicable thing some time! but I shant!

Nabad

OG_Girl   

Sayid., what dumaashi status u gave me ..... needs explanation r u planing to hook me up with ur smart brother or other way around u r trying to be nice and want me to hook u up with my little sister <---jokeeee wallah.

Well,let me be serious lil bit here , wallalo I believe if man can provide "hayat kareemah" means good life and can handle needs of his kids and wife and that depends the society they live .... she shouldn't bother to go out to work coz that is unnecessary coz house work and kids should take all her time and make her tired.

As DA told us successful story about her mom. and I have same my parents when they married they had nothing and they r from different nationalities and started their life in Kuwait life wasn't easy for them she worked as a teacher to help him , but after he stood his foot she quited the work to stay home and relax coz she was doing both job outside to help husband and inside cooking and cleaning .

my point is depends needs. not luxery woman to work outside the house whatever her education is.

salam

Sophist   

Mis Og,

Very attractive indeed for a lady to seem she is innocent! What an enticingly appetising spectacle that is!!! In case you are lost in the mist of this murky muddle; I am referring to the Dumaashi remark!.

Hayaat kariima is something which doesn’t depend upon material wealth. One can have luxurious life without much material wealth; it is all about spiritual well being.

Though, I agree the husband is obliged to provide for the family, but this does not mean he is obligated to take you skiing or Sand-boarding every time you feel stressed out about some stuff.

So long as there is defined responsibilities which both parties mutually agree upon then there should not be any problem.

May Allah make life easier of us all.

Nabad

OG_Girl   

U know what is funny? we arguing for some thing we already agree ... just we disagree choosing names not the meaning ... so bro, we r same group here against who saying woman should go to work to prrove her self :D .. that is our problem as somalis .. we argue with some thing we agree but problem is choosing proper "words" .

salam

Sophist   

No dumaashi; i just like to see how far we can take this !!! just kidding walaalo.

I am ferfent supporter of ONE FAMILY ONE SOUl sort of campaign.

Nabad

feminism to femininity.

a debate that will never stop, just a quick comment for the brother up there, who used the name of Allah and pimpin, bro, don't mean to be picky, i uunderstand what u were intelling, but please sometimes, there are lines to be drawn.

now for the topic of feminism, i would like to ask, what is feminism? is feminism this western ideology? or something that has existed in our ancestors lives long time before in the heart of the continent? you see there are so many things that people are not aware of, that become whitewashed/brainwashed due to not knowing or not being exposed to cultures and education, when i mean education, it is not what u read in the books but also what u learn from seeing, and experiencing.

so i shall not make any comment on what a man and woman should do etc, but i would just aks for people to think in the context of their visibillity, lifestyle, culture, faith and where is it that they want to lead too, their goals for the future.

Tuujiye   

well 2b honest i don't know where 2 begin underdog my brother i thank u for makin this topic n i agree with ur point but there is small thing which u left out that i would like 2 add n that is shari'al islaami'a (the islamic laws) what is a women's role in islam? that shoulda hav been the question for shaydaan's lawyer or devil's advocate my dear sis wallaahi right now am at point 2 feel sorry for u the reason being ur so wraped up in the western thinking that ur willin to throw ur religion, culture n the history of our ansecters down the drean over something which u heard or read in few years (dawacadii socod keeda ka tagtay kii kalena gaari weydey). underdog i hav much respect 4 u now cuz u detected the troubles that this young lady was havin n all these times u hav been reachin out 2 help her find the light n from now on there going to be the two of us cuz her brain is a teribble thing 2 waist. devil's advocate i hope that u don't take this the wrong way walaalo cuz ur very sweet n smart gal and i don't want u goin the wrong route n above everything ur my somali sister n i lov u ..

OG ur the perfect women (maansha allaah)

lol   

OK... seems like the topic is for two ppl.. but if I voice my opinion... I think feminism has been some what exxagerated by most. To me feminism is someone who advocates for the implementation of women's rights. As we all know, Islam has indeed given us fairness, but it has been mingled with culture and majority of the rights given to women has been deprived.. so in that case we do need advocates... and that is what feminists do.

As for being feminine. I think a woman who knows that she is a woman, that her priorities are her kids , then to me she is feminine.

As for career, I think, it is between the couple, and should be left the decision to them. If they agree that she should work, then there is nothing wrong with it. If she chooses to stay at home, then that should be ok too...

OG-Girl: I am with u on this... If he wants to pamper me, and provide for me... . girlie... I am willing to put my a$$ down.. and chill!

Qac Qaac   

ani haddaa gabar ahaan lahaa, intaa meel iska fadhiisto aa maalin walba duqa lacag ka qaadi lahaa, is qurxinlahaa, bookna iska akhrisanlahaa.

what is this need that i have to be outside, i don't get it.

anyways pls ppl, stop this feminen crap, now we know where ppl stand, and is no pt of continuing...

DA... ilbaxnimada ay ka midtahay, in wax walba la suu'aalo ay ku soco saas, dumarka na guul usoo jiid. ilaahey haku garab kalo.

If I knew that I would be provided for regardless of the state of my marriage or whether or not my husband is dead, I would be very happy and content to be a mom, and wife first. I would gladly stay in my castle.

Qac Qaac   

shaabella, i don't think underdog is talking about mother's who are in the position as your mother, ofcourse if the women her husband died. she has to work, on welfare is very wrong idea.

but what i think, he is talking about is those women who have their husband on their side with them, he is working, for them, and yet they have to prove to him that they could be like him, those who compete with men, feminist.

hadday danta ku kalifto in aad shaqeeso ofcourse, laakiin if u don't have to... then that is what he is talking about.

for your case about the loan, u have to pay for it. if ur husband is miskiin enough to pay for yourself, good for you.

Qac Qac,

So you are going to tell shabella and the rest of the girls on here when it is right by you that women work or when its not right?

Garab tuujiye,

lol, right, I guess someone doesnt know english expressions too well..so your excused. Uhm, the western world came up with the term feminist, but the idea has been around a long time bruh, do your history. Second of all, you are getting three things mixed idea. The role of a WIFE, the role of a MOTHER and the role of a WOMAN. Learn to differentiate between the three ok because the life of women is not as simple as you ;)

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum ,

Underdog , I dont really like the message that you are trying to convey in your topic.

I believe a femenist is a woman who struggles for women's rights to be recognized.I notice that some of you view the femenist as a woman who competes with men , live by her career 24H/7days a week and has no place for a man and children in her life.

First of all , a lady can be a femenist , have femenine qualities , work and take care of her household (husband and children).

Lets say ur a single woman who needs to make a living , what ru goin to do ? Work of course and since we live in the west where life is so expensive ,I dont see myself waitin for the dude whos going to pick me up and marry me so that I dont have to worry about money. I have nothing against marriage , in fact , I pray that Allah will grant me a muslim brother.

Of course once I get married things might be different,I will have to take care of my children, stay at home and my husband will provide me with everything we need. And I dont mind since my children's education comes first.But what if you are not married , what if you havent found the husband u were looking for ? Am I going to be called a femenist? Do u know even know what a femenist stands for ?

Some femenists can be extreme and wont allow a man to control their life or even dont want to have children so they cant be only reduced to the role of mothers.Just because some women are extreme ,it doesnt necessarily mean that the sista who chooses to have a career is called femenist.And I believe a real woman is the one who knows how to compromise and make sacrifices to maintain the well-being of her family.

Let me give u another example lets just say that ur 45 years , ur husband works , ur children are past 20 years old either working or getting a degree. You're alone in your house and you'd like to do something else besides seeing ur neighbors 24H/7 days a week. What if you want to work ? Would that be a crime? I believe a husband who really cares ,and I mean litteraly cares about his wife , wont see the negative side of letting her work as long as he knows where she's working and comes straight home after that.

Do u guys think it's easy for women to stay at home all the time? Unlike you guys women are locked up in their homes running after kids , cooking and cleaning.If for u its cool to have a nice meal waitin for u when coming back from home ,for the woman it might have been a crazy day.A woman is not only a mum but a lady who needs to prove to herself and not to the world that she's capable of using other skills besides taking care of children and thats why she needs to work.

To conclude my long speech women who are willing to sacrifice their families for their careers are losers and this is also true for the guys who are willing to do the same.

We have soulmates in this world , we might yet dont know them but we cant live without the opposite sex thats a true fact.The " me , myself and I" thing doesnt work , men and women have to complete each other.