Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Do you LOVE your job?

How much do you guys like work life? I mean if you won $5 million dollars today - would you still be doing your job or quit in a flash? And if you did quit what would you do to occupy your time?

Lot's of people say that they need 'intellectual stimulation' and adult company as reasons why they feel they need to work - is that true for ya'll? I never imagined having a 'productive life' meant spending over half of my waking day working couped up in an office or a building. Whenever I'm around friends and they're talking so passionately about their goals and work - I feel that there must be someting wrong with me because I don't feel the same way.

I don't know. There must be more to life than this.

Isn't there a point - no matter what type of job you hold - that the novelty wears off and it's just another mundane day?

Sophist   

If I win/inherent (the latter is someting of whishful thinking from my part); I will stay within the industry I am working in but will set up a company with my immediate manager doing similiar things we are invoved in. I am sure we will be making a killing!!!.

I use to have similiar sentiments darling; but reality smacks you on the face-- alas one must pay the bills!!!. Anyhow, you have to decide (that is if you are living in the west) to work terribly hard when you are young and enjoy the fruits of your labour whence you are in your mid forties that is if you are lucky. By the by, living in the west, the condition of living is a bit tasking thusly, if you prefer more sedate and thoughtful living perhaps you must think about relocating to somewhere in the developing countries where people only working is not the main pre-occupation.

Kashafa   

See, entrepreneurs, even failing ones, never ask that question. They're busy making thangs happen. Getting sued, counter-suing, making moves, marketing, and staving off competetion gives you all the stimulation, intellectual or otherwise, you can handle and then some. Only in Corporate America(or wherever) will you find worker bees complaining about boredom and an unfulfilling work enviroment.

Unless it's working for a non-profit(a cause, a school etc), I fail to see the logic in working so that other people(shareholders, management) can profit off my labour, my creativity, my dathaal.

Once you taste the exhilaration of "the hustle", there's no going back.

Ibtisam   

^^^I agree.

But i think that your job, must be more than just making money (this does not include Part time job, while at uni :D ) But the slave labour we all do after we finish uni. on average most of us work long hours, there must be (or at least should be) another motivator as well as money,.. Can’t for get the money :D I work more than 40hrs a week, I could not do this if I did not enjoy my work, regardless of the pay. Giving the choice I would rather do a job I enjoy for less money, than doing a job which I don't like for more money.

I spend 90% or even more of my time doing work, that is a lot of miserable hrs if I did not like it:(

N.O.R.F   

I like my job reasonably enough not to quit! It pays and its challenging. Its life work, save, buy a house and then retire! Wishful thinking of becoming a millionaire does exist.

Som@li   

My job involves alot stress and headache.being on call 24/7...( i wouldnt enjoy, if I had family), so if had more money, would go for consulting..etc

STOIC   

Hell No.I hate the boredom and the management complaining about the peak season numbers.And the competition against the next door energy company. Oh the share numbers are falling down.We must abide with the Sabene-Oxley rules (it is because you are damn blood suckers environmental polluters).Ofcourse I will never say that around the office.Brother got to pay them bills.

Give me hundred million dollars and I will invest in building Africa's largest clean gas burning combined cycle power plant.

Blessed   

Salaams,

I'd do my job for nothing! I was in the process of meeting those requirements of another career path when I found something that really moves me, even if I'll never be able to get rich.

For me, the fresh, innocent and creative thinking and energy of children appeals to me. Everyday, I go home with a funny, cute story to tell. Knowing that you’ve helped them achieve those millstones is worth all the glitter that money can buy you.. and they keep you young. :cool:

Sister, if you are blessed with the luxury of choice, don't work. If not, I suggest you find a job that you love.

Everyone has a passion for something. I think you should let that guide your career choices and if you don't want to work, you can always take it up as a hobby. smile.gif

It's also good to check your attitude about work and your job. If you only think of the negative aspects, you'll never enjoy it.

How much do you guys like work life? I mean if you won $5 million dollars today - would you still be doing your job or quit in a flash? And if you did quit what would you do to occupy your time

To be your own boss(entrepreuner).

we somalis have culturaly entrepreunership spirit inside of us..most of somalis like to run their own business, in my life i worked two years in dubai for a company but used to not enjoy on my job because of not it is pain in *** job, but because of the entrepreunership spirit were growing inside of mine day after day,it is since two years i was my own boss though things not well-being started yet i am enjoying on "entrepreunership life".

according to a working for somaone, motivators(your salary,atmosphere, and so on) play important role in enjoying on your job but again It is not how difficult frustrating your job is it is how much you entresting in it/ like it.

me   

I hate my job, I hate all work that I do for other people. The only thing that keeps me going is so that I can save money, so that I can start on my dream project. ( Its a secret, so I wont tell what it is) But to answer your question I HATE MY JOB. but the bills need to get paid. If i get 5 million today, then I will quit instantly and start doing what I love most.

SalaaaaaM,

I believe I like my work, except waking up early,

it's great to feel independent when u dont have to work... I used to work only to past my time put I found my self failing in love with my work wish is great from my point of view.

If u hate ur job u better quit cuz u can't give anymore this is what i believe

Khalaf   

my job blah blah....no one wants say what their job is huh. part-time 23 hrs a week @ my university IT 24 hrs lab....um on work study guess how much dat is :D less then 8 freaking dollas an hr! :cool: ....best job on campus tho because u surf net, dont do shhh, post on SOL :cool: alhamdu.

the internet is wheres is at...do u know some dude become a millionare by selling pixals on a website? :mad: dat couldve been me. sourceall it takes is a simple idea and you rich! inshallah um be rich!