Johnny B

Men thoughts ,Women faults

bilan   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

It's not about what you
should
wear but whether you should be allotted like men the
right
to dress as you like. A right allotted to men but evidently not to women.

i fail to understand how hijab protects men, i am sure we spent countless of posts and hours about the benefits of hijab, so now those who against the hijab should tell us why should not we wear it, and just FYI men also have their own dress code, i do not where you heard men can wear whatever they want, both men and women have their own guidelines to follow, and those guidelines are from the sunnah. also why are you assuming that muslim women(in the west) are forced to wear hijab,no one can force women to wear hijab in the west, yet majority of muslim women decide to wear it; even though it is easier not wear hijab than to wear it? true somali girl in somalia can not go outside without her hijab, but also somali men can not go outside with shorts, or earings, because those things go against our norms. but wait a minute why are you picking on what we can or can not do in somalia. you either do not know or do not want to confess that a great number of western women are also forced to wear 'sexy' outfits.

also it really amazes me why non muslim men are worried how we dress. :confused: .

also as muslims we are not suppose to go against the quran and sunnah, hijab is in the quran, Allah ordered muslim women to wear, the only thing that you can say as a muslim is i hear and obey

^^

but also somali men can not go outside with shorts, or earings

Hear, heard bilan but would they listen.

A right allotted to men but evidently not to women.

I think you are going over the bridge, be careful and don't cross the bar, who is to give orders? who allowed what to who? Who's command is really obeyed and respected here? Men??? Did it ever occured to you that these religious girls have God in their mind before anything else.

For you info as well, men can't wear what they want, your believe is absolutely bulshit and has no wieght, Simple example can I wear Gold? You would say yes won't you? But religous men can't wear it, forbidden with a BIG NO NO, in other words HARAM for a man to wear Gold. Get it in through you heard and don't come back saying men have no restriction in what they wear, ooh and bilan mentioned another good example, Shorts.

Yeniceri   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

It's not about what you should wear but whether you should be allotted like men the
right
to dress as you like.
A right
allotted to men but evidently not to women.

Alloted by whom? In Islam, there are dressing etiquette for the Muslim male as for the Muslim female. Its not a one-way street, regardless of how much the media tries to portray it as such.

I'm
dead certain
not every girl who wears the Hijab wears out of religious conviction.

It seems as if you've fully convinced yourself and on your way to convince others. Now, unless you're blessed with the power to read a woman's soul, the impending question is: How can you be dead certain that not every girl wears the hijab out of religious conviction? :confused:

Frankly speaking if men can't exercise control at the sight of bare female skin,

Once again, its not a man-made rule for Muslim women to wear the hijab. Let's look at the West, where the White man made the rules as to what a woman can wear and what she can't wear. (The trick is, of course, they wear what they "choose" - that choice is made by new fashion trends, what they see on TV etc. - who owns gigantic TV stations?).

Go back a 100 years (yr 1905) and tell me what the average Western woman used to dress like. They didn't even wear pants - forget short skirts and tight clothes. As time went and as the West began to loose its moral standards based on religion (Judeo-Christianity), Capitalism took over and terms such as "gold digger" came into existence. Because of the man-made Capitalist system/religion (which has no moral standard whatsoever), musicians like Mike Jones can make a rap song and tell the truth: "Back then, hoes didn't want me/Now I'm hot, hoes all on me."

Why do they all want him now? How come the finest of finest ladies are featured in his music videos? How come those women dress "sexy"? Who do they dress "sexy" for (those actually wearing clothes, I mean)? The popular marketing phrase sex sells doesn't generally apply to men, does it? In fact, "sex sells" is a relatively new phrase, as man (the Western white man - who owns mouthpieces like Mike Jones) became super rich and saw that he could, in essence, buy whatever he wanted.

That is the world whereby man makes the rules.

The hijab is the dignity Allah SWT has bestowed upon Muslim women. And dignity is priceless.

Miriam1   

Your argument revolves around the ability of men to control women negatively using the Hijab as a weapon, and how women fall into and accept such a trap that turns them into second class citizens.

Great argument

Few points

• Women do not necessarily go around saying, “Boy I don’t want my brother in Islam down the street, committing wrong, let me wear a potato sack over my head and stay home†Women are oppressed in every given society, however “advanced/civilized†they claim to be

Its restrictions imposed on them as a result of a patriarchtical society.

•So, why do believing Muslim women wear the Hijab across the world from China to Senegal. Its because regardless of the world around them which they clearly understand, they see the deeper meaning of the Hijab and its importance…an argument so efficiently presented by Yenceri that I don’t need to repeat it.

-A revival of the true religion is required in so many ways, to sift through what cultural trash that got caught up in the way and now stands to obscure the light.

•Each and every sister who wears the Hijab as come across the obnoxious ignorant fool who refuses to see her has an equal and only as an object to be taken into consideration when needed. This is an attitude of those that who regardless of their religion would find some way of labelling women as second class citizens

NinBrown   

I wonder where this attention seeking thick head came from.

SXB for u r benifit hijab is from allah and not from men....i dont know what they feeding u in u r lebral/kufar classes...but watch pleasin these gaalo wont get you any where in this world and might take u some where unpleasent in the akhira.

What out...NAD STOP SPREADING BULLSHIT IN THIS FORUM

NinBrown   

I wonder where this attention seeking thick head came from.

SXB for u r benifit hijab is from allah and not from men....i dont know what they feeding u in u r lebral/kufar classes...but pleasin these gaalo wont get you any where in this world and might take u some where unpleasent in the akhira.

watch out...AND STOP SPREADING BULLSHIT IN THIS FORUM

Johnny B   

Originally posted by bilan:

i fail to understand how hijab protects men.

Good point Bilan, You need to tell that to the Muslim men who get full of negative thoughts about you,and feel impure if you dress normally ,

who demand that you be covered from top to toe so they skip getting impure and negatively loaded, thus decide how you should dress.

Originally posted by Yeniceri:

there are dressing etiquette for the Muslim male as for the Muslim female. Its not a one-way street

Even though most women think Men dress awfully ,they never create a societal etiquette of it, so please substantiate

and tell us what is the dress code for Muslim Men.

That Arabic white dress? The 'Mawis' and bare chest? ,You need to put up and real bad.

The hijab is the dignity Allah SWT has bestowed upon Muslim women. And dignity is priceless.

Dignity is surely priceless, but the one you presented as a piece of clothing needs to be denoted and connoted again.

There is more to Women´s dignity than a piece of clothing and negative thoughts of Men.

Originally posted by Tukaale:

For you info as well, men can't wear what they want, your believe is absolutely bulshit and has no wieght, Simple example can I wear Gold?

What a reason what a logic , and which part of your body can you cover with Gold?

Are we talking about golden pants? or Golden ' kofi ' ?

For those Nomads who haven´t made sense , i just say 'BAH' :D

Originally posted by bilan:

i fail to understand how hijab protects men, i am sure we spent countless of posts and hours about the benefits of hijab, so now those who against the hijab should tell us why should not we wear it...

It does protect men -- from eliciting impure thoughts. A man is advised -- according to Islam -- to look away from a woman that is not dressed modestly, right? The reason being that would elicit impure thoughts, a problem remedied by donning the hijab. So in a way it does protect men.

And I'm not telling you or advocating what you should or shouldn't wear. Just that what women wear should be left to them alone and that men take responsibility for their morality.

FYI men also have their own dress code, i do not where you heard men can wear whatever they want, both men and women have their own guidelines to follow, and those guidelines are from the sunnah.

I'm not aware of any muslim men dress code other then that men shouldn't wear shorts. That is about it I think. Tell me, how many times have you heard muslim women complaining about how muslim men dress and how that weakens their diin? You see where I'm going with this. Anytime a muslim man's morality is at question what women wear immediately jumps to the fore. When will men take responsibility for their own morality?

you either do not know or do not want to confess that a great number of western women are also forced to wear 'sexy' outfits.

That is not true, even according to you. This is what you said:

no one can force women to wear hijab in the west, yet majority of muslim women decide to wear it; even though it is easier not wear hijab than to wear it?

If the majority of muslim women in the West -- mind you who are very small minority -- can wear the Hijab, how can the majority of the women in the West be forced to wear 'sexy' outfits?

also it really amazes me why non muslim men are worried how we dress. :confused: .

Maybe they value fairness, equality, responsibility for own action but above all view the opposite sex as EQUAL in every sense of the word. Something we KNOW is not the case in most muslim and third world countries.

BTW, I'm a muslim.

hijab is in the quran, Allah ordered muslim women to wear, the only thing that you can say as a muslim is i hear and obey

The Hijab is NOT in the Quran.

I agree that if you feel Allah commands you to wear the Hijab and its part and parcel of your religious obligations, then you are not to question it. But why are MEN telling you to wear it?

Originally posted by Tukaale:

I think you are going over the bridge, be careful and don't cross the bar, who is to give orders?

Heh? Bridge? No bridge. Me sit here with my kampiyuuter no where near water or bridge. What are you talking about? Walle oo bille I'm dumbfounded!

Did it ever occured to you that these religious girls have God in their mind before anything else.

Some of them yes but not all of them. I never said anything else did I?

And remember the topic of this thread is not about particular religious attire such as the hijab or what men can and can't wear about muslim men taking responsibility for their morality. It is about the attitude towards women, what is taken for granted regarding proper moral behaviour. You never hear any hoopla about what muslim men wear from muslim women, why is that? Is is because muslim men can't err or cause muslim women impure thoughts? Or is it because the muslimahs don't view men the same way muslim men view them?

How can you be
dead certain
that not every girl wears the
hijab
out of religious conviction?

I know of girls who take off their Hijabs when they leave home and come to school or work. Honestly, every somali and muslim knows this. Or should know.

Let's look at the West, where the White man made the rules as to what a woman can wear and what she can't wear.

I disagree. I don't see anything wrong with equality. That is what Allah has bestowed on us all, right? Men and women are equal. What is wrong with equality between men and women before the law and society which is pretty much the case in most of the West? There is nothing unislamic about equality, is there?

Go back a 100 years (yr 1905) and tell me what the average Western woman used to dress like. They didn't even wear pants - forget short skirts and tight clothes. As time went and as the West began to loose its moral standards based on religion (Judeo-Christianity)

What are you saying here? That Western women had to fight for equal rights?

How come those women dress "sexy"? Who do they dress "sexy" for (those actually wearing clothes, I mean)?

Why do you care why women dress 'sexy?' However they choose to dress is between them and Allah. By your own admission the Hijab is religious obligation, a command from Allah. So why is it then muslims look down on muslim women who choose not to wear the Hijab if they really believe it is religious obligation?

Jamelia   

Good point Bilan, You need to tell that to the Muslim men who get full of negative thoughts about you,and feel impure if you dress Normally ,

who demand that you be covered from top to toe so they skip getting impure and negatively loaded, thus decide how you should dress.

So the Muslim dress is abnormal ey?.....I wonder what you'd consider normal?

Johnny B   

Originally posted by Jamelia:

So the Muslim dress is abnormal ey?.....I wonder what you'd consider normal?

Muslim dress ? what is it?

The Baduin cover? the Pakistani/Afghani Cover? The Somali 'Dirac' 'garbasar'? anything that covers ?

Are jeans and sweater Muslim dress? are those who wear them non-muslims?

Please enlighten me Jamelia.

JB,

Honestly with all the things going wrong with the Ummah as a whole, the state of a woman's dress and whether she has the choice to reveal her cleavage or wrap herself in a burqa should be at the end of a a very long priority list. Maybe you should put your time and energy to better use and tackle more important issues? I can list a dozen at the top of my head which deserve more attention than a woman's dress code!

Just because men are not following their set rules does not mean that they do not have them---i.e. beard and trousers that come down to the ankles. And as those requirements, the Hijaab does not only serve as a protective mechanism it serves to identify one as a muslimah and seperates her from non-muslims. An identification card if you will.

Johnny B   

FF

It is not about Women´s dress code,

Actually Bilan froced us into that path , but for me it´s about Men´s attitude.

Men play the victim !!