Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

A Week In Somaliland!

NGONGE   

^^ Baby or no baby, it could still bite and kill. I did my research and I think it is a baby Mumba.

Anyway, it was the size of your arm.

Indhoos   

Black Mumba eh?

Wow Great read bro...I don't remember the last time I read that much on a comp screen...Keep going.

More pictures please and more about the locals as well. No more Black Mumbas, Pretty please.

Ciao

Cara.   

A black mamba isn't so bad:

Black mamba venom contains powerful, fast-acting neurotoxins and cardiotoxins, including calciseptine.[9] Its bite delivers about 100-120 mg of venom on average, however it can deliver up to 400 mg. If the venom reaches a vein, 0.25 mg/kg is sufficient to kill a human in 50% of cases.[10] The initial symptom of the bite is local pain in the bite area, although not as severe as snakes with hemotoxins. The victim then experiences a tingling sensation in the mouth and extremities, ptosis, diplopia (double vision), dysphagia, tunnel vision, ophthalmoparesis, severe confusion, dysarthria, fever, diaphoresis (excessive perspiration), excessive salivation (including foaming of the mouth and nose), and pronounced ataxia (lack of muscle control). If the victim does not receive medical attention, symptoms rapidly progress to severe abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, lymphadenopathy, dyspnea (shortness of breath), epistaxis, pallor, shock, nephrotoxicity, cardiotoxicity, and paralysis. Eventually, the victim experiences convulsions, respiratory arrest, coma, and then death. Without antivenom, the mortality rate is nearly 100%,[3] the highest among venomous snakes. Depending on the nature of a bite, death can result anytime between 15 minutes and 3 hours.[11] Factors associated with the nature of the bite include penetration of one or both fangs, amount of venom injected, location of the bite, and proximity to major blood vessels. The health of the snake and the interval since it last used its venom mechanism may also be a factor. The health, size, age, and
psychological state of the individual bitten is also a determining factor

See you would've been fine if you just didn't freak out icon_razz.gif

u guys killed the snake??? why...havent yall heard live and let live!

when i went to africa, my fav thing was playing with the animals..hippos, crocs, hyenas etc., come out of school during break time, climb a tree near the river shebeli and make hippo calls to make them come out.

in school many kids had snake, lynx or monkey pets. have yall seen a monkey called karoow!! its on crack 24/7!

Aaliyyah   

Weren't you scared when you were taking that pic adeer NG?

Nuune habar fadhida lagdin la fudud somali ku maahmaahda... :D

salaam

Ms DD   

I am with you on that Ngonge. Seriously I can understand why you almost jumped out ur skin. Pooor lamb!

So slimy, slithery! ergh!