Sign in to follow this  
hodman

Outcry in SA over 'racist' video

hodman   

Can't believe these ****** :mad:

web page

Several white students in South Africa face criminal charges after allegedly forcing black campus employees to eat food that had been urinated on.

A video has surfaced which appears to show the students instructing five elderly workers to drink beer and perform athletic tasks.

At one point, the University of Free State employees are apparently forced to eat food which has been urinated on.

The rector at the university has strongly condemned the video.

Students and staff joined a protest march at the campus in Bloemfontein, and student groups say they are now planning to call nationwide anti-racism demonstrations.

All these issues must be brought forward so that all the people of South Africa can see that racism is still a dominant feature in South African society

Siviwe Vamva

South African Students Congress

The video was reportedly recorded in protest at moves to integrate black and white students in the same residences at the University of the Free State.

The BBC's Mpho Lakaje says the university is known for having predominantly white students since the days of apartheid.

In recent years it has encountered difficulties trying to integrate people from other racial groups, and the latest incident is viewed by many as a clear indication of racial intolerance, he says.

'Upset'

The video shows five black people allegedly being instructed by a group of white students to down full bottles of beer, reports our correspondent, who has watched it.

Students rallied near the campus, and other protests are planned

The university workers are then led to a playing field where they are told to display their athletic skills.

But it is the final extract of the film that has angered members of the public. It shows a white male urinating on food, and then - shouting: "Take! Take!" in Afrikaans - apparently forcing the campus employees to eat the dirty food, and causing them to vomit.

The alleged perpetrators are current or former students at the University of the Free State, say reports.

Its rector, Frederick Fourie, told the BBC that he was "extremely upset about the incident".

"We are having a management meeting. And there's a strong condemnation of this from everybody concerned," he said.

The university says it has begun procedures to suspend the students allegedly implicated in the video, and says the alleged victims have received psychological support.

Protests

On Wednesday, hundreds of black students and workers from the institution handed over a list of demands to management.

Siviwe Vamva, from the South African Students Congress, said the group was planning to call a national strike on Thursday 6 March to raise the profile its anti-racism campaign.

He said racism was also still a problem in other universities.

"It's not only the University of Free State," Mr Vamva said.

"We are saying that all these issues must be brought forward so that all the people of South Africa can see that racism is still a dominant feature in South African society."

The South African Institute of Race Relations has said this incident and several others over the past month could threaten general improvements in race relations since the end of apartheid.

The institute also condemned the shooting of four black people by a white youth, and the decision by the Forum for Black Journalists to evict a white journalist from a meeting.

Baashi   

They got balls. After all they have done in the past they dared to do this now. Boy oh boy!

My homeboy BOB inside scoop plz.

Laba-X   

Africans in AFRICA are facing racism from white folks in Africa! The nerve of some people...

Couldn't they just bundle them up in ropes and roast them on a brazier! :D

While this is despicable, I believe that its up to South Africans to get up and fight for their rights and the respect of those rights.

Its beyond me how someone can be in Africa and hate black people. Could it be possible that those ****** who made the video were mentally challenged? No really!

peasant   

Black south africans are racist them selves too and have deliberately burned business and shot innocent somalis who sought shelter in their country. We never hear out cry regarding people being killed and they are complaining about people being fed with feces that is just pathetic. I dont condone this act but they the black south africans are guilt of racist acts them selves too.

Ibtisam   

^^^They say two wrongs don't make it right. smile.gif Both problems stem from the same root, sloving one will slove the other. :cool:

Originally posted by Laba_Xiniinyood:

Africans in AFRICA are facing racism from white folks in Africa! The nerve of some people...

Couldn't they just bundle them up in ropes and roast them on a brazier!
:D

Qaadow.

Ismahaan   

Originally posted by peasant:

Black south africans are racist them selves too and have deliberately burned business and shot innocent somalis who sought shelter in their country. We never hear out cry regarding people being killed and they are complaining about people being fed with feces that is just pathetic. I dont condone this act but they the black south africans are guilt of racist acts them selves too.

True said, they Don't Care About Us. Why do we care about them?

Chimera   

What the fck? what those racists did to those old folk was wrong but where was/is the outcry everytime a Somali entrepreneur is killed/burned/mutilated simply for the fact that he is a 'Somali' and not a 'native' is that not discrimination?

they enjoyed Somali hospitality when they were under Apartheid but it seems they don't know how to return the favor.

Ismahaan   

Somalis are burned alive and beaten to death in South Africa. In the most recent incidents, two Somali businessmen with shops in Delft and Kuilsriver were killed, while one Somali trader was shot and killed in another city. According to members of the Somali community, this brings the total number of those killed to 40 in the last three months. Subhan Allah brothers and sisters we should not fight each other because it’s simply not worth it. Why do we keep fighting each other?

So let's do each other a favour ,let us join hands and remain united for the sake of our country, people, future and dignity. I guess it’s an awful lot to ask you but for the sake of our people in South Africa (see the video below) might you at least consider it?

^^ Bisinka! This video is one of the saddest thing I have seen. This is exactly the price we pay for clinging to tribal differences, for hating one another, for fighting eachother when the rest of the world sees us as only Somalis. This is the concequences to our idiotic acts. Our women will forever be raped, mutilated, disrespected, our men will roam different countries for so-called peace, will always be unwanted and our youth will loose everything that Somalia used to stand for, with no history of their culture how will they know who they are?

Everytime we argue about useless things like what tribe took from what tribe, we are wasting valuable time that we cannot afford to waste any longer!

May God help the voiceless, that are away from their homes. Ameen

from what i understand the women were not forced to eat food that was urinated on, or perform athletic stunts.

this should be an outcry against the mentally challenged.

as for the fallen brothers in SA ilaahay ha u naxariisto.

Faynuus   

This site has many somali visitors. If we start to change, stand against tribalism here, iam optimistic that we can spread it to the many different homes, schools, religious madarasas and all social gatherings we are part of.

lets ask our selves this questions.

1. what makes me, my family tribalists?

2. what do i gain from it?

3. how can i relpace my hatred, bias against other somali fellows with love, equity and brotherhood?

4. what do i as a somali man/woman, somali national stand for?

5. Do i really understand the meaning of tribalism and what does my noble religion say about it?

6. What can i contribute to ease the sufferings in Somalia, eradicate misuse of tribe?

Let your indivitual intelligence shine, pave the way for peace, CHANGE for the better. Do it for the sake of your kids, grand kids and all the poor souls lost every minute.

UNITED WE SHALL STAND.

remember there are more than 1500 visitors every day. lets make use of the mass.

MZanzi   

Originally posted by Faynuus:

This site has many somali visitors. If we start to change, stand against tribalism here, iam optimistic that we can spread it to the many different homes, schools, religious madarasas and all social gatherings we are part of.

lets ask our selves this questions.

1. what makes me, my family tribalists?

2. what do i gain from it?

3. how can i relpace my hatred, bias against other somali fellows with love, equity and brotherhood?

4. what do i as a somali man/woman, somali national stand for?

5. Do i really understand the meaning of tribalism and what does my noble religion say about it?

6. What can i contribute to ease the sufferings in Somalia, eradicate misuse of tribe?

Let your indivitual intelligence shine, pave the way for peace, CHANGE for the better. Do it for the sake of your kids, grand kids and all the poor souls lost every minute.

UNITED WE SHALL STAND.

remember there are more than 1500 visitors every day. lets make use of the mass.

Mahs'allah walaashis ra'ayi fiican ka hadashay let's solve our own problems and start spreading the love towards each other

My cousin who's a business man in SA Was telling me yesterday that they burn two somali brothers with iron in their shop b'cos they refused to hand over Money

DADKIBEY SIDI DHAR CAMAL UFEERENAYAN

they have no heart @ all ...baqtiga