Sign in to follow this  
Xalimopatra

Insomniac calling..

It's almost 6am and I'm cruising through SOL (albeit with stiff shoulders) as nobody is awake in these ends.

I see Val is online,as is Ghanima,Serenity and NGONGE.Haye Reer London what do you guys suggest.The insomnia has started ever since I was put on medication(eyedrops) for a eye problem that I have.I'm not too fond of taking medication for something that seems like a blatant side effect of another medication.

Any remedies that you swear by?Caano and balaayo has been tried and tested.Anyone ever had the same problem as me?

Ms DD   

Salaam Xalimo

My family swears by Camomile Tea. It does wonders. Another thing, I tend to sleep when I am tired, so do exercise, tire yourself out. Put a music on and dance hard. When you gt tired, sleep tends to come. Or Use the help of shaytan. Read Quran/hadiths, you will find yourself falling sleep. I remember when I couldnt sleep one night. So I went into the living room, and prayed and read quran. After 1hr, I found myself falling sleep.

Those are my ways.

-Lily-   

Xalimo, go for a long long jog, take a shower and hopefully as soon as your head hits the pillow you should be dozing off. stay away from computers and TVs, they make matters worse.

If you can't run reading tires out the eyes.

Hey guys;Thanks D&D.I cant stand the taste of camomile tea lakiin about the exercise part.My body is physically knackered but my head is buzzing.My eye problem re-occured lasy week and I've been on it since.Sucks since I am on vacation *argh*

Dabshid;Why do that?It's only been a couple of days of erratic sleeping so far.As I said I'm not too fond of the idea od taking further meds just for my sleep.I need to sort this out myself.Thanks anyhow.

Lily;I'm gonna try reading the Qu'ran.Thanks sis.

I'm out.

G'Night/Morning all

Ibtisam   

Xalimopatra:

Yep, well mine was a side effect of lots of other things. But these little herbal tablets did wonders for me, I'll look for them and give you the name. Only problem with them was that they work with the sunlight and your body clock so I was knocked out at 9pm and awake at 5am for a whole week before I stopped taking them.

If you do not want tablets, When I was still at university, I use to go dance classes for 2hrs every evening and it use to make me so exhausted, I'd just collapse as soon as I get home. Any form of sport to make your body tired, coupled with relaxation techniques and peaceful thoughts to get your self as inactive as possible.

As for food: Avoid fizz, sugar, caffeine and snacking too often. Drink plenty of fluid (non sugary or water)

Start shutting down all activities about 2hs before you sleep, avoid arguing, talking too much and being hyper active or energetic.

Finally stop stressing about NOT being able to sleep, it will just make it less likely for you to sleep at all. You are losing sleep so your body is already being short changed, don’t add stress to it as well.

Hope that helps, and hope you cna rest.

p.s. when are you back?

Hey X...since I dont see you around, I will assume you have managed to conk out.

I get bouts of insomnia too, but I have no sure-fire cure for it. I tend to just get into bed and stare at the ceiling till sleep comes.

NGONGE   

In the past week I have been going to sleep pretty early and waking up even earlier. I don't like the feeling at all. I feel tired all the time! Would love to get back to my usual four hours sleep per night. Want to swap, X? :D

Xalimo,

Do some Yoga exercise and improve your breathing technique, also practise to be quite and silent to have an inner calm.

Read Quraan, and pray nawaafil and extra salats.

read the prophets duca of sleeplessness:

allahuma qaarat al nujuum wa hadiat al cuyuun, wa anta xayuun qayuum, anim cayni wa arix baali(should be written on xusnal xasyn)little booklets of Prophets(SCW)ducaa.

Oo Allah stars in the sky are fading away, and eyes of the people are starting to sleep, and you are Xayuun Qayuum,Let my eyes sleep and relax my inner Conscious, and dont try the proverbial Xabasawda in case you feel energetic allover again....lol

Allah hurada laanta ha ka kexeeyo walaalashay.

Jacpher   

^Maasha'alaah. Good advice.

Put on your favorite Sheikh and Surah and jack up the volume. You'll fall into a deep sleep in few minutes IA.

N.O.R.F   

^^Its not being xaasid saxib. Staying up until sleep smakc you in the face s the best bet. Then get up after 3 hours. No more insomnia,,,,

me   

The problem with insomnia is that your internal clock will get messed up. It will become a habit. So staying up is not an option.