Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Mars, Twix Snickers now Haram

Cara.   

Kreepy Kid, Munira confessed to an additional addiction when she was questioned, so I thought she'd crack and list even more.

I do like dark chocolate, the higher the cocoa content the better. Have you ever had Mexican hot chocolate flavored with chilies? Yum.

What's geed xamari Moi?

me   

its a herb cara, i dont know its english name. Its found in miyiga.

Pujah   

Originally posted by me:

its a herb cara, i dont know its english name. Its found in miyiga.

^^cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, peppercorn , cloves and nutmeg

hail, qorfo, sanjabiil, fil fil, daga yare and ? which one is it....if it's not listed please find a picture. new ingredient for my tea would be great :D

me   

Che - Yes

Puuja - No

Malaay - No

I can describe it, it has a smell and it tastes different..... is this helping? the closest thing would be lime three leaves....but much better.

roobleh   

Rennet, a chemical sourced from calves' stomachs, is used in the production of whey.

Since when calves' products were made Haraam?

This Muslim religion has been hijacked by none other than Muslims who want to rewrite it. Any thing that is not clearly mentioned in the Quran or Hadith, saxeex, as Haraam is not a Haraam.

Feel sorry for vegetarians refusing proteins and swallowing tons of Multivitamins each morning. But they make meat for us cheaper. smile.gif

NGONGE   

Rejoice kids, rejoice.

Confectionary manufacturer Masterfoods has abandoned its plan to use animal products in some of its most popular chocolate bars, including Mars, Snickers and Maltesers, after pressure from vegetarians.

The company announced last week it was changing the whey used in some chocolate and ice cream from a vegetarian source to one with traces of rennet, an animal enzyme.

Banner Ad

The Vegetarian Society protested on behalf of three million vegetarians in the UK and asked people to "express their concern" to Masterfoods.

Within a week of the decision being announced, more than 6,000 people had called and emailed the Mars UK switchboard, which usually receives 500 comments per week. Forty MPs also signed a petition "to voice their disquiet".

Mars has been the first to react. Fiona Dawson, managing director of the snack business in the UK, said: "The consumer is our boss and we had lots of feedback from consumers who were unhappy about the change. It became very clear, very quickly that we had made a mistake, for which I am sorry.

"There are three million vegetarians in the UK and not only did we disappoint them but we upset a lot of the consumers. We have listened to their views and have decided to reverse our decision."

Mars will begin the process of removing all rennet traces immediately. Masterfoods is also committed to changing the whey used in Snickers, Maltesers and Galaxy, effectively reversing last week's announcement.

Dr Annette Pinner, chief executive of the Vegetarian Society, said: “We are delighted that Mars UK has been honest enough to mark the beginning of National Vegetarian Week by admitting that it made a mistake."

Source

I don't even like chocolates...

NGONGE   

^^^ Don't start me off now :D

This man does magic:

1956be5769f6dac3ac0fdc1e7b73f83b.gif

This is the team he picked for the final:

image.php?u=71&dateline=2006

When they win we'll all go like these two :D

Gerrard%20Celebrating.gifCollymore%20Celebrating.gif

Still want a twix? ;)