Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Eating with your HANDS

Skipper   

Quote by Modesty:

"Seriously, I'm giving up on Somali men"

What a relief there, this is by far the best thing i heard like ages. Thank god

So what if people eat with their hands, just cause you don't like something your trying to assocaite it with somali people. Woman you need to stop this crap of somali this that and leave people the way they want to live.

Modesty   

You guys are too proud to admit that that's a nasty habit. I mean you can eat with your hands, but don't use your whole hand and if there are forks and spoons available use em'. I also noticed Somalis are haters...but that's another topic.

Modesty   

How can you attract people to Islam if they see you behaving in crappy ways? You are supposed to make all your actions beautiful, and I doubt the prophet Muhammad(saw) ate that way. I know it seems minor, but it speaks volumes on how you were raised.

NinBrown   

gabdhaan is going through identity crisis. Every topic she is on she is hating Somalis.....sxb if you dont like being Somali...we dont want you either.

Tell me who is civalised...all these western people who eat with forks huh....give me a break and go and mary some aginabi somewhere.

Originally posted by Modesty:

How can you attract people to Islam if they see you behaving in crappy ways? You are supposed to make all your actions beautiful, and I doubt the prophet Muhammad(saw) ate that way. I know it seems minor, but it speaks volumes on how you were raised.

The prophet (SAWS) also preached that one shouldn't speak ill of others and that one should hold their tongue aswell (if they have nothing good to say). ;) Implement that sunnah in your life, and make taubah. You're insulting people, and you'll be held accountable for everything you've done in Dunya on the Day of Judgement. I personally hold nothing against you, but people may feel some sort of hostility against you and you may end up being on Allah's bad side because of what you're saying here sis. Watch out.

Feeamanillah. I'm out.

Fabregas   

quote:You guys are too proud to admit that that's a nasty habit.

sum ppl don't have forks and knifes to eat with. Matter of fact many ppl in the world don't have NOTHING to eat. If we are taking Muhamad ibn Abdullah (saw)then we should be worried about how we watch people starve and die in Darfur and Somalia and do nothing. Some people eat civilised and throw away their food or feed eat to their dogs. More many is spent on make up and pet food then is spent on the starving people in the world. So before we reach the lavish and "civilized" stage of eating with three fingers and gucci knife fork with a prada plate, we need to feed our starving people.

Blessed   

^That's a different topic, entirely.

Come on people.. stop taking things to another level. :rolleyes:

I don’t agree with Modesty’s generalisations and the delivery but apart from that, she has made a very good point. Diving in with your whole hand is nasty and nauseating. :mad:

Honestly, I remember a man that used to visit us at my parents, it wasn't bad enough that he ate, no attacked food like he hasn't seen it for centuries, he insisted on talking whilst he was at it.

And, to make matters worse I had to clean after him... There’d be lafo all over the place, greasy drinking cups, bariis on the table, bariis on the floor. I always had urge of beating him with my hooyos xalwad spoon and to stuff pages from albukhaaris book of food in his mouth. Uf!

Baluug   

Modesty, I'm still available. ;) And I eat with a fork and knife. But that's mostly because I haven't mastered the art of eating with my hands, and I always make a mess. :D

NGONGE   

^^ :D

I like Modesty. She has a very endearing personality and a fascinating way of expressing every last thought that crosses her mind. The thoughts and ideas she shares don't matter to me much. I am just taking immense pleasure from having watched this young lady mature and blossom in the last four years. She's not all there yet but soon, I'm sure, the hormones of youth will start to settle and her delivery will improve.

(She's already learning to eat with a fork and spoon. Quite the young lady methinks).

^^^^ LoooL...couldn't agree more!

Well, the only reason I have been avoiding to eat with my bare hands is when i do it i eat alot! but sab is exception to the rule! :D

Cheers