Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

Breaking fast in the Gulf!

NGONGE   

Typical women! They turn a great topic into the subject of clothes and skirts. Why don't you share makeup tips next, eh?

ps

The silly woman below is not talking to me :D

Malika   

^^Ghanima welcome to the revolution, knee high skirt and long boots is the way if you cant find long suitable skirts for winter...But I usually get looks from Somali women..Lol

Originally posted by NGONGE:

The silly woman below is not talking to me
:D

Dont sulk and call me silly, you're more than welcome to join if you like. I'm not sure we will find skirts your length tho ;)

-Lily-   

Serenity, a good winter skirt will be more expensive and more elusive to find than a summer skirt. Try Principles, John Rocha at Debenhams, Per Una in Marks and Spencer. Occasionally you might find one in Wallis.

Monsoon, Jigsaw and Whistle are pricier but they will certainly have skirts. Either way you will have to be prepared to look for one, which itself can be time consuming.

Dahia, there are below the knee and there are calf length smile.gif .

Ibtisam   

^^I saw one in Debenhams for £90 :eek: It was not even that nice redface.gif

Marks and Spencer has good collection normally, too bad I cannot shop in there. Nothing in wallies (yet or Monsoon- they have nice dresses to look at though :D )

Dahia. Hmm I don't know...hmmm, I tried before and It kind of feels like ( I cannot put my figure on what it is….) and short skirt and Hijab?? even if your legs are covered (boots/ tights) It looks funny/ odd and feels funny (not mention everyone (Somali) just looking at you). I always liked the knee length dresses and pants (it seems more covered or practical? or something) Still an idea.

Serenity.

Lool Bond Street was good! lol yeah sure, can you think of where in advance & and I'm not coming to the end of earth where you live. On second thought we should hit the ethnic minority suuq's (not sure exactly where)

Malika   

I know Ghanima,but the lenght of the skirt is usually below the knee,legs covered with long boots,a fitted jacket ,a hijab isnt that asturaad?

Blessed   

Ghani. Try..walthamstow. I remember seeing long skirts somewhere in London. How about a maxi dress...that's long.

Dahia,

LOLs. It looks off key, hon. Sorry but I'm one of those Somali women that gives evil looks. It's not strictly hijab. What happens when you want to pray? I give more sinister looks to the girls that rock the tucked in abaaya look.

Malika   

^^Lol Zenobia. I have an Abayaa at work,hadhee I dont dress like this every day..Lol

P.S,Maxi dress in winter isnt suitable,was wearing one the other day,it wasnt pleasant, am not one to wear "ABO CUMAR"..lol

Ibtisam   

Dahina it is asturaad iskuu kaabkaab, and you will have to carry something else to wear for prayer during the day? Even though you have lots of layers on, you still have to carry additional. :(

Walthamstow normally have thin summer ones. A maxi dress?

Zenobia you are getting older dear, evil looks miyaad tiidi, dear mind your own business, :D although tucked in abaaya looks so so odd.

-Lily-   

Ghanima, I don't actually shop in M&S, my friends do so I thought I would mention it. It's a shame, if only the didn't support the Israeli state. Too bad.

Dahia, the skirt has to be almost long, not below the knee, and watch out for the fitted jackets too. We're all guilty of them but there are degrees of fitted, I'm sure you'll agree!

Lily, I'll chop the buggers off if I can. There's floor-skimming and there's floor-scumming. Probably get some made too, I'm scouring the fashion magazines for inspiration..

Zenobia, evil looks is so habar darling! :D Do you know a good tailor?

-Lily-   

LoL@so habar…leave our little old lady alone.

Sheh I'm so jealous! Never really considered having it tailored.

I don't know, but when you do find THAT amazing winter skirt that goes with a lot of things in your wardrobe it's a moment of intense happiness for sure.

Ibtisam   

^^^Lool yes, so let us all know when you FIND THAT skirt PLZ

Sheh Have you ever had anything tailored?? so much effort though :(

I'm a fan of floor skimming. Fitted jackets hmmm, you should be able to breath and wear layers and still fit in :D

Lily yep if only they did not :(