Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

Breaking fast in the Gulf!

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

wouldn't mind trying a bit of that lizard,
ng
can you recommend retailers or give us insight into u're experience of it?

Heh@retailers :D

War it's free. Just take a trip down to the desert (or maybe one of the Dubai boys can oblige us) and pick yourself a few of these. Cook it in whatever style you want. The only thing you have to remember is that you need to soften the meat by putting it in boiled water twice (once is not enough).

I was offered it once when I was a kid but I foolishly refused. Have you tried Locusts? I have :D

Yummy pictures

(tastes very salty)

Ms DD   

Why do non-traditional meats taste like chicken? Everyone says that frogs, dogs etc all taste like chicken. Some do say that human meat also taste like chicken.

Snake..does it have front teeth? if it has, it is not halaal smile.gif

Ms DD   

Chicken in Somalia is soo rare, which explains your love for dooro lol! Here in the UK, the Carrebean folks love chicken.

Did you know horse meat is delicious? No i havent eaten it, but I had chinese friend who ate anything in sight just to impress his dad.

intel

The kangaroo meat looks fab. Not sure if it halaal though!

I heard about the horse meat too .... never had the chance to eat it.

Some say the tortoise is also good ,, but the only tortoise i've eaten was the one in the sea ,,, that was really unbelievably delicious. It is called QUBO in Somali.

Ms DD   

Has anyone ever tasted caviar (eggs of fish)? I am intrigud by this as the rich and the famous eat this apparently.

Intel   

qubo, carsaanyo, aragosta. Bandar Bayla ayaan ku cunijirey berigaan yaraa.

Edit

fish eggs?

u cruel Cambarro, finding Nemo madaawan?

Ms DD   

Intel

No I havent seen F nemo, however I just read this from Wiki. It really is cruel:

Commercial caviar production normally needs stunning the fish
(usually by clubbing its head) and extracting the ovaries;
some commercial fish farmers are experimenting with surgically removing roe from living sturgeon, allowing the females to continue producing more roe during their lives.

It is halaal though.

Cultural

Given its high price in the West, caviar is synonymous with luxury and wealth. In Russia and other Eastern European cultures, though still expensive, caviar is commonly served at holiday feasts, weddings, and other festive occasions. Sturgeon-derived caviar is generally not eaten by Jews who keep kosher, because sturgeon lacks scales and thus is not considered kosher; however, this does not apply to every roe-yielding fish species. In Islam all sea or river animals such as fish are lawful and halal which applies to the sturgeon as well as its caviar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caviar