Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

A Trip to Berbera Beach

My Home town looks beautiful. Berbera has the potential to be become tourism paradise.

The idea of have a nice fruit cocktail by Bartalale Beach and watching the sunset is beautiful.

Sounds wonderful JB! Its a shame Berbera has become a ghost town. The indigenous people of Berbera have all but moved out but at least the Eastern Somalilanders have come and filled all the sector shortages including crucial jobs in the Berbera Docks and construction.

I love Berbera City.

War balaayo ayaa ka dhici wayday!

Xeebta xaaqa dee, waa idinsidee reeer Berbera!

Oo tii koonfur ayaaba idinka nadaafad badaneh! :D

JB, shaqo ayaa kuu soo baxday! :D:D

RedSea   

JB,

You're right. But I dont want just short visits Insha Allah I want to move there, but meeshan ayaaba noqotay black hole aan wixii galaa kasoo bixin. Anyways, saaxib miyad meesha doomaha soo caariday bada kasoo jiidaan. Bilicda ayey wax u dhimayaan.

I really didn’t enjoy my two visits to Berbera. The place is a without a doubt the hottest place I’ve ever set foot in.

It was around 43 Celsius, YES CELSIUS not Fahrenheit. The sand was so hot you couldn’t stand in one spot for more than a minute. There were no trees or any greenery to speak of.

No Shelter of any kind and wild packs of dogs roaming around the place. There were also dangerous rift currents close to the shore, which meant non native swimmers would have trouble.

As for a tourist destination i don’t really see the point, I mean if torture is your thing then by all means.

The only hope that place has is its unspoiled offshore reefs.

My ideal beach is quiet cove, white sand, palm trees, cool and breezy with warm waters and clear turquoise waters, Something Berbera doesn’t offer.

There are far better beaches in the rest of Somalia.

Baluug   

Originally posted by Mr. Red Sea:

It's 0 degrees in Minneapolis. JB what a lucky *******. lol

I know how you feel bro :D I look out my window at the endless white from the snow and Berbera is looking real good right now. I had to laugh at the guys getting their car stuck in the sand at the beginning of the video :D

hodman   

Think warm thoughts Red and Indho Blue. Dat's how I do it of, oh and my giant coat that comes out when the wind chill hits 0